• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
We all know Yoshi's Wooly World is going to have patterns based on the Smash Bros characters (except for the Pokémon crew). Here's a look of the patterns based on the Fire Emblem characters.

Robin Yoshi is adorable! :happysheep:
But why aren't the Pokémon amiibo's getting color swaps?

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
They aren't Nintendo property, per se. Most of Pokemon ip is owned by Gamefreak, and it seems this company is kinda stiff when it come to Nintendo using their ip image.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Hey guy's I do main Robin as my 3rd or 2nd favorite character (fighting with shulk and Link being my obvious main) So can you explain when I should use the wind tome and the fire tome when using your jab? would be appreciative. Does anyone also want to trade Link lessons for Robin lessons?

God damn, you are not lying

Elezir

Hey guy's I do main Robin as my 3rd or 2nd favorite character (fighting with shulk and Link being my obvious main) So can you explain when I should use the wind tome and the fire tome when using your jab? would be appreciative. Does anyone also want to trade Link lessons for Robin lessons?
Fire jab used to be Robin's main picks because it was better than Wind jab and didn't waste one of your recovery uses.
After this recent patch the Wind jab was vastly improved, but the Fire jab became...eh...unreliable. Just use Wind jab, then, but be careful not to overuse it and fall to your death if you go offstage.
Be aware that some character can still get out of Winf jab, tho.

Last edited:

Soul.

They aren't Nintendo property, per se. Most of Pokemon ip is owned by Gamefreak, and it seems this company is kinda stiff when it come to Nintendo using their ip image.
Nintendo and Game Freak (alongside Creatures Inc.) share the Pokémon property, so...

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I believe it was mentioned on GameXplain's E3 discussion videos. One of them said that the Pokémon Company is very strict on how their characters are used. So instead of a Pokémon pattern for Yarn Yoshi, you'd get what looks like Yoshi wearing a shirt with an amiibo logo on it.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I believe it was mentioned on GameXplain's E3 discussion videos. One of them said that the Pokémon Company is very strict on how their characters are used. So instead of a Pokémon pattern for Yarn Yoshi, you'd get what looks like Yoshi wearing a shirt with an amiibo logo on it.
Huh, I never knew that. Seems kind of strange, I mean it's just a color palette swap. It's not like Yoshi's actually turning into a god damn Pikachu or anything. I guess they don't want the FREE ADVERTISEMENT for their franchise.

Elezir

Nintendo and Game Freak (alongside Creatures Inc.) share the Pokémon property, so...
Yeah, you are right. How can I explain that? I worded that in a way I didn't intend to... what I mean is that Gamefreak seems to have the final word when it comes to things such as where pokemon image is going to be used and how, not Nintendo.

Huh, I never knew that. Seems kind of strange, I mean it's just a color palette swap. It's not like Yoshi's actually turning into a god damn Pikachu or anything. I guess they don't want the FREE ADVERTISEMENT for their franchise.
Well, yeah, Gamefreak is strange sometimes.
Honestly, a Yarn Pikachu Yoshi would too damn cute:i6rkW:
But I suppose we can't understand how corporate Japanese old people think:smash:

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Game Freak tries to stay independent and open. Remember that they used to be second party to SEGA at one point, hence why there is a Pokemon game on the SEGA Pico. They'll give Nintendo Pokemon rights for things like Smash Bros. where the crossover is the point, but otherwise they'll keep to their own devices when not making the Pokemon games. It's why Game Freak can have a digital version of their Trading Card Game on Apple devices without getting into legal trouble with Nintendo. Not to mention the cards themselves, and the Pokemon anime.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

They must have their reasons. Questionable reasons sure but reasons nonetheless.

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Have a looky at what I just found

I'll go G rated with this ****.

Say you like a girl, right? You love this girl, then one day you find out she's actually a guy. It's when a person, who is actually a guy, looks, acts, etc. like a girl. That's a trap, more or less.

It's kind of upsetting for them to called traps, hoestly. It's not like they can help it, really.

Talk to someone else about Waifus. Homie don't play dat.
I gatcha covered.

"Waifu" is a term used to refer to a fictional female character that you would wish to marry and have an "intimate" relationship with. The word itself is derived from the Japanese Engrish way of pronouncing the word "wife." The male counterparts are referred to as "husbandos," again a reference to bad Engrish, in this case of the word "husband." While most of the time (such as when it gets brought up around here) the terms are used for the most part in jest and as a joke. Although there are people out there who do take it very seriously. Hope this helps.
Waifu

A term coined by otaku and weeaboo alike for their 2D female significant others; predominantly anime and video game characters. It is the unhealthy attraction between one person and his/her 2D fictional female soulmate. They treat their waifu(s) with the utmost respect and courtesy and cherish her/them for laifu.

But more than one waifu can ruin your laifu.

A spin-off term "Husbando" followed for people who feel a similar attraction towards 2D male anime/video game characters.

Posting this even though I'll got ninja'd :p
oh.....

Thanks, I guess.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
SO I finally graduated from middle school and my dad decides to give me a gift to improve my smash skills although I'm no where near my beloved Wii U. U see my gamepad is weird cause when ever I try to go for a short hop Nair with link, as soon as I hit the ground he does a Dtilt instead of a jab and when I go for a short hop Nair from the ground, He does a Uair instead. It pisses me the **** off. Link requires lots of precision especially when a battle is heated and it messes me up and feels awkward. I hate my game pad, So what my dad bought me would help improve my smash game and I asked for a GC adapter.

But instead of getting this

He got me this

its a "GC controller " that is really a classic or pro controller that is meant to feel like a GC controller that connects into a wii remote.

I'm not mad at my dad, I mean this will help me improve my smash game and precision, hell he even got me my Favorite character and gave me money for Lucas and other smash content, I am grateful but this is not what I wanted really. But I will take it. Besides my dad would be pissed and sad if I showed that I was ungrateful. I do get to get home on the 15th of this month.

Papero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paperio
Odin (Dark Mage) [Nohr]

A sorcerer who performs daily research into “amazing special moves”. Easily fired up and in danger of losing control of his power.

Personal Skill [Blood Boil] When equipped with a forged weapon whose name is written with 8 kanji, critical rate +10.
This is my favorite personal skill so far. Can't wait to forge the mighty "Goatia" or "Noseferatu"

Interested to see how capturing plays out. On one hand, they're using gameplay elements from Tharcia 776, on the other hand, oh god, they're using gameplay elements from Tharcia 776...

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Lazward's name does mean blue! Thank you Wikipedia!

The color azure ultimately takes its name from the intense blue mineral lapis lazuli. Lapis is the Latin word for "stone" and lazuli is the genitive form of the Medieval Latinlazulum, which is taken from theArabicلازوردlāzaward, itself from the Persianلاژوردlāžaward, which is the name of the stone in Persian[2] and also of a place where lapis lazuli was mined.

Have a looky at what I just found
They're not impressed.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382

The color azure ultimately takes its name from the intense blue mineral lapis lazuli. Lapis is the Latin word for "stone" and lazuli is the genitive form of the Medieval Latinlazulum, which is taken from theArabicلازوردlāzaward, itself from the Persianلاژوردlāžaward, which is the name of the stone in Persian[2] and also of a place where lapis lazuli was mined.

They're not impressed.
Wikipedia is 101% correct all the damn time.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I kicked so much ass in the Defeat 800 Enemies mission with Sheik that I made the game freeze.

Mission accomplished.

Guess I'll go study Ochem now What the hell is a Borohydride

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Yeah, you are right. How can I explain that? I worded that in a way I didn't intend to... what I mean is that Gamefreak seems to have the final word when it comes to things such as where pokemon image is going to be used and how, not Nintendo.

Well, yeah, Gamefreak is strange sometimes.
Honestly, a Yarn Pikachu Yoshi would too damn cute:i6rkW:
But I suppose we can't understand how corporate Japanese old people think:smash:
I suppose not. Oh well.

Sorry bro, but you've been....
Heck, Lazward even means blue in Arabic.
:4greninja:'ed
(He's not my main for nuthin'!)

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
We all know Yoshi's Wooly World is going to have patterns based on the Smash Bros characters (except for the Pokémon crew). Here's a look of the patterns based on the Fire Emblem characters.

D'aaaaaw... :3 They look wooly Raymans. I can only see the Lucina and Ike patterns here at school, but they're adorbs.

As for these supposed 'reincarnations' of the Awakening children... Where's my manakete daughteru?!
EDIT: One of them is named 'Lazward.' Interesting... Anyways, does anybody think that they'll leave the names unchanged in the localisation? It'd be weird to change the Hoshidian forces' names and leave the Nohrian names unchanged. Also, Joker has to be the best name for a Fire Emblem character.

Last edited:

Elezir

So, some of the next wave amiibos photos are out, for anyone interested.

Dorf looks magnificent.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
SO I finally graduated from middle school and my dad decides to give me a gift to improve my smash skills although I'm no where near my beloved Wii U. U see my gamepad is weird cause when ever I try to go for a short hop Nair with link, as soon as I hit the ground he does a Dtilt instead of a jab and when I go for a short hop Nair from the ground, He does a Uair instead. It pisses me the **** off. Link requires lots of precision especially when a battle is heated and it messes me up and feels awkward. I hate my game pad, So what my dad bought me would help improve my smash game and I asked for a GC adapter.

But instead of getting this

He got me this

its a "GC controller " that is really a classic or pro controller that is meant to feel like a GC controller that connects into a wii remote.

I'm not mad at my dad, I mean this will help me improve my smash game and precision, hell he even got me my Favorite character and gave me money for Lucas and other smash content, I am grateful but this is not what I wanted really. But I will take it. Besides my dad would be pissed and sad if I showed that I was ungrateful. I do get to get home on the 15th of this month.
That model of controller is still good, though, I played Brawl with it with no issue.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
God damn, you are not lying
WAT

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-- (and so on)

Sanic the Hedgehog is dead.
Long live Sanic the Hedgehog. :4sonic:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys, question.

In this gif, it shows Kamui attacking Marth once and Marth attack 4 times

My question is, do you think Marth's Falchon allow s him to attack 4 times or is it a possible ability of his?

They're not impressed.
No, no they are not

Top Bottom