• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
LOOK WHAT JUST CAME OUT

The hype is beyond real right now. Now to wait for translations! :happysheep: I do want to say that the dynamic battlefield abilities (like Kamui creating a stone bridge to cross a chasm, or Camilla burning away an ENTIRE RIVER) are freaking awesome!

Dat Camilla hair flip tho.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Welcome another one to the support group, boys and girls.

I think that was either a triple or quadra-nair.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Be careful with your double jumps, Brett. You seem to be jumping in reaction to me jumping, which is better than jumping RANDOMLY, but it means I can bait them out of you really consistently just by short-hopping.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Shadowofchaos is quick with translations for the 30 second trailer.

Edit: Did not think the thumbnail would be that spoiler-y.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh no,

Screenshot (71).png

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh no.

TOO CUTE.

I CAN'T DEAL.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
News from the Bravely Default Front:

I managed to get Edea at the exact same amount of XP as Tiz.

I've made Tiz a BLM, Agnés a WHM and Ringabel a MNK. Edea is a Freelancer, pending new class types.

Edit: Really, me? BLM, WHM and MNK? I've been playing WAAAAAAY too much FFXIV...
For the record, that's Black Mage, White Mage and Monk respectively.

Edit 2: Expect even more such abbreviations in the future.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I'm going to be straight up and honest with you all:

I am not getting all that hyped for FE:If right now. It's just too far out for me. I've got so much more stuff that is much closer in terms of release that I am not able to feel the hype that you all are. Maybe this will change once summer is over, or once the incoming titles thin out a bit, but for now, I am not getting all that hyped. It's just too far out for me and I'm WAY too cynical these days to get extreme amounts of hype (you can blame Mass Effect 3 for that one).

I'm sorry, but I had to speak my mind on this.

This also partly explains why I've been avoiding the FE:If discussions in regards to Japanese magazine scans that can become instant hot topics here. The other reason is I don't want to grow attached to the characters that are being showcased only to have them end up on the opposite side that I choose and I'm forced to blow them away.

That is all. Carry on, R.S.T.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
@ SkarmNightmare (Brett) SkarmNightmare (Brett) : GGs! I have to move onto someone else now.

Ok, so summary of main stuff:

You know more tricks than I expect of most Robins. Excellent usage of Elwind both onstage AND off-stage (you attempted the stage spike several times, which is great). You're probably one of the ones who uses it the MOST like I do.

Arcfire usage could be better. Generally need to try to get it right under where I have to land, I was usually able to avoid yours. You didn't seem to use it that frequently for ledge pressure, either.

Your Nos usage were in smart situations, but you often chose to do it in situations where the payoff was pretty low for actually landing it. Fine otherwise.

Since you were running default Thunder, I would recommend trying to use Thoron or Elthunder mostly vs. me using Speed Thunder. Thoron to clear straight through my Arcfire attempts and other projectiles, Elthunder for landing traps. You didn't really get a whole lot of use out of Arcthunder since it's so easy for me to clank it with one of my spells.

In the regular thunder ditto, Thoron is king. Cuts straight through Arcfire as a punish for a solid chunk of %.

Not sure if the random U-Smashes were just input errors (likely supposed to be SH Uairs?), but in the event that they weren't, I would use a bit less U-Smash. You also seemed to want to use it to trap ledge-jumps, which is an interesting application I hadn't thought of. I find D-Smash would fill that purpose a bit better though. It has a similar vertical hitbox with the benefit of not only being stronger, but also hitting the ledge if they wait and stay on it to see what you do.

Double-jump timing could use a bit of improvement. Mainly your sweet-spotting could be better. You tended to jump a little higher than you needed to. Make sure you also mix up your fast-fall timing when you're trying to land, otherwise it can get telegraphed.

Also, you might want to go to the ledge on recovery more often. There were a good number of times where you tried to go high-ish and I just got free uair damage. Ledge is usually the lesser of multiple evils.

Other short list of stuff:

Work on Pivot-grabs & Tilts.
Work on your item game. Catching, and trapping with em.
Probably use D-tilt more in certain situations, it's a good footsie tool.

I think that covers most stuff.

@ Papero Papero @ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 , whichever of you is here, you're up.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Get your slanderous lies out.

>:|
No one shall ever replace Nah.
Shadowofchaos is quick with translations for the 30 second trailer.

Edit: Did not think the thumbnail would be that spoiler-y.
Okay the theory that Aqua is secretly villainous or a major antagonist is really starting to seem more and more plausible. Also Leon is PISSED! And looks like St. Garon wields one hell of a battle axe!

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Okay the theory that Aqua is secretly villainous or a major antagonist is really starting to seem more and more plausible.
She's way too much of a poster girl to be a villain. Nintendo usually doesn't have poster boys/girls as villains. Recurring villains (Ganondorf, Bowser) are possible exceptions, but you usually don't see Ganondorf plastered alongside Link and Zelda in promos and such.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
It took me an Item Power-Up potion, and the Vs Dragon Skill, but I have completed Adventure Map utterly and completely. Huzzah!

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
It took me an Item Power-Up potion, and the Vs Dragon Skill, but I have completed Adventure Map utterly and completely. Huzzah!
Good luck in the Master Quest map.
Edit: So tell me... How bad is the Rank 3 Summoning Portal mission? I'm not looking forward to that one. I have a vicious love/hate relationship with that weapon.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Not hard at all, actually. Proper use of the Gohma and Argorok specials go a long way toward clearing out swaths of enemies at a time.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Not hard at all, actually. Proper use of the Gohma and Argorok specials go a long way toward clearing out swaths of enemies at a time.
I can honestly see the benefit of a Strength IV perk on that weapon. That attack is godly if you get Argorok on the basic special.

How about the Level 3 Harp one? I've got that mission sitting there and preventing me from going places.

And while we're on the subject, how about Agitha's level 3 one (And Girrahim's and the level 3 Baton (gag))?

Last edited:
NNID
evenet2013
3DS FC
1005-8775-7263
@ SkarmNightmare (Brett) SkarmNightmare (Brett) : GGs! I have to move onto someone else now.

Ok, so summary of main stuff:

You know more tricks than I expect of most Robins. Excellent usage of Elwind both onstage AND off-stage (you attempted the stage spike several times, which is great). You're probably one of the ones who uses it the MOST like I do.

Arcfire usage could be better. Generally need to try to get it right under where I have to land, I was usually able to avoid yours. You didn't seem to use it that frequently for ledge pressure, either.

Your Nos usage were in smart situations, but you often chose to do it in situations where the payoff was pretty low for actually landing it. Fine otherwise.

Since you were running default Thunder, I would recommend trying to use Thoron or Elthunder mostly vs. me using Speed Thunder. Thoron to clear straight through my Arcfire attempts and other projectiles, Elthunder for landing traps. You didn't really get a whole lot of use out of Arcthunder since it's so easy for me to clank it with one of my spells.

In the regular thunder ditto, Thoron is king. Cuts straight through Arcfire as a punish for a solid chunk of %.

Not sure if the random U-Smashes were just input errors (likely supposed to be SH Uairs?), but in the event that they weren't, I would use a bit less U-Smash. You also seemed to want to use it to trap ledge-jumps, which is an interesting application I hadn't thought of. I find D-Smash would fill that purpose a bit better though. It has a similar vertical hitbox with the benefit of not only being stronger, but also hitting the ledge if they wait and stay on it to see what you do.

Double-jump timing could use a bit of improvement. Mainly your sweet-spotting could be better. You tended to jump a little higher than you needed to. Make sure you also mix up your fast-fall timing when you're trying to land, otherwise it can get telegraphed.

Also, you might want to go to the ledge on recovery more often. There were a good number of times where you tried to go high-ish and I just got free uair damage. Ledge is usually the lesser of multiple evils.

Other short list of stuff:

Work on Pivot-grabs & Tilts.
Work on your item game. Catching, and trapping with em.
Probably use D-tilt more in certain situations, it's a good footsie tool.

I think that covers most stuff.

@ Papero Papero @ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 , whichever of you is here, you're up.
Time to burn all those paragraphs into my mind. :146:
Arcfire: I remember you talking about putting it as a landing trap, but I forgot/didn't apply it. I was mostly using it as a "OH MY GOD STAY AWAY" wall.

Nosferatu: If you're at 999% and your opponent is at 0, you heal back like 300% lol. I believe it combos out of Arcfire? And yeah, I wasn't getting much percent back from it. :T

Thunder: I kinda had Thoron under the "130%+" category, and didn't use it very often. Seemed to work out well early on though for you. Arc definitely doesn't do much in dittos, I need more El in my life.

Up-Smashes: Misinputted SH Nairs :(

Double-Jump: Yeah...

Ledges: I was piss-scared of Elwind.

Pivots: F-tilts :smash:

Items: Wasn't really keeping track of usage, and you were almost always attacking me when one was available.

D-tilt: :023:

>And of course, visitors of this social thread, we CHALLENGE your character forums to create a compilation video between your forum members and see if you can top ours!

I might have to check out the :4darkpit: thread :roll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

8:35 though. sorrynotsorry

also, for anyone interested:
If we had a Robin Social compilation video, I would totally join in on it.
I have a couple of good replays that I would love to share!
Unfortunately, I don't have a capture card...

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If we had a Robin Social compilation video, I would totally join in on it.
I have a couple of good replays that I would love to share!
Unfortunately, I don't have a capture card...
Nor did most people in that video, they just sent the replays to me and I recorded them. I could do the same here, if there's enough interest :) (though I may sit it out myself, since there's no way I'm topping that ZSS 0-to-death string)

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Okay the theory that Aqua is secretly villainous or a major antagonist is really starting to seem more and more plausible.
...If anything, Kamui seems more like the villain from that scene. Nobody really knows if Kamui can actually control their dragon transformation.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I found a different, much shorter trailer.

Enjoy
Well, as I saw with the Prison thing about not being able to Capture certain enemies and this trailer...

"They're dead. 4 sibs gonna die tonight."

Where's info on Path Julian/Neither Path when you want it?

Top Bottom