• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ok, that's all I've got time for with you, @ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 .

Big major super huge areas for improvement:

1) STOP AIRDODGING EVERYTHING. Super free landing traps, for the most part.
2) You need to use Elwind in place of the above. Defensive Elwind is at least a mix-up before they get the chance to hit you.
3) You spot-dodge waaaay too much as well. You rely too much on that and airdodge for avoiding things, and will lose heavily to things that either beat spot-dodges (like jabs) or people who bait it.

Your play with the Thunder variants was generally fine? Probably needs more Thoron in your life. You stuck mostly to Elthunder.

Your Arcfires were often unsafe. Try to retreat it more effectively, I was usually able to punish you for it.

More Bair as a punish tool. I don't recall you using it that much.

I...... think that's it?

@ Papero Papero : I think I'm gonna have to post-pone to another night, I'm very sorry. I need to get some sleep for work, and I can't justify staying up super late.

Doing my best to try to find time for everyone, but I'm but one man.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
@ Soul. Soul. I have no idea what that means, mobile is a nightmare to navigate.

@ Elezir Elezir Aww : (
Mind you that I'm talking about their social only.
There should have people in the general Pit/Pitto character thread to help you with any question you might have, I guess.

You might find some people in the Pit thread raging about you using Pitto, though.

Last edited:

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys, I haven't posted in the Robin boards uh... ever, despite being a Robin main.
Wanted to introduce myself before jumping in, I play mainly in offline locals. After a larger tournament experience I'm trying to expand more in Smash4. Looking forward to playing, talking with you guys :) Thanks.

Elezir

Hi guys, I haven't posted in the Robin boards uh... ever, despite being a Robin main.
Wanted to introduce myself before jumping in, I play mainly in offline locals. After a larger tournament experience I'm trying to expand more in Smash4. Looking forward to playing, talking with you guys :) Thanks.

Welcome dear.:cheep:
Hope you like it here.
Any question we are always here to help.

also, Tales of Destiny ftw.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let me know when you have free time so I can bury you with :4link:

<3

:upsidedown:

Last edited by a moderator:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Welcome, welcome!

My turn to post the traditional image! :D

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
She's way too much of a poster girl to be a villain. Nintendo usually doesn't have poster boys/girls as villains. Recurring villains (Ganondorf, Bowser) are possible exceptions, but you usually don't see Ganondorf plastered alongside Link and Zelda in promos and such.
Just because Nintendo hasn't done it in the past doesn't mean that it can't be the case here. In fact it backs up the theory in my opinion. They could be hiding Aqua in plain sight, luring us into thinking she'll be a secondary protagonist to Kamui, a trustworthy and honorable ally, when in actuality she has much more sinister motives. It would make for a really great twist to see the sweet, innocent songstress turn out to be the main or major antagonist of the story. I'm especially a fan of the idea that she hates both kingdoms, and wants to use Kamui as a weapon to destroy them both.

Of course this is just me spitballin' here, but I feel like there's just something about her that's a little to "perfect."

Elezir

Just because Nintendo hasn't done it in the past doesn't mean that it can't be the case here. In fact it backs up the theory in my opinion. They could be hiding Aqua in plain sight, luring us into thinking she'll be a secondary protagonist to Kamui, a trustworthy and honorable ally, when in actuality she has much more sinister motives. It would make for a really great twist to see the sweet, innocent songstress turn out to be the main or major antagonist of the story. I'm especially a fan of the idea that she hates both kingdoms, and wants to use Kamui as a weapon to destroy them both.

Of course this is just me spitballin' here, but I feel like there's just something about her that's a little to "perfect."
Let's not forget about Airy, either.
She was a poster 'mascot' of sorts to BD, and look what she turned out to be:smash:

All in all, for now, I won't put too much faith in this theory, though, but it sure would be a interesting plot twist and something new for the serie.

Last edited:

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Let me know when you have free time so I can bury you with :4link:

<3

:upsidedown:
Thanks for all the replies guys, pretty amazing so quick :)
Will happily play you Soulless, I could use some Link experience. I normally have a wii u but I lent it out this week, otherwise I always have a 3DS available too.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Ah hello! The pleasure is ours!
...If anything, Kamui seems more like the villain from that scene. Nobody really knows if Kamui can actually control their dragon transformation.
I disagree. There's been nothing to suggest that Kamui can't properly control dragon form, though on the other hand there's been nothing to deny it either. But he/she grabbed Aqua around the neck, which seems like a very deliberate move. If they were truly out of control they could have just crushed Aqua's head. It seemed to me that Kamui was angry about something, maybe something that Aqua did, and now they're questioning her.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Mmmmmhhh fresh mea-
I mean,
:starman:WELCOME! :starman:

Last edited:

Papero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paperio
@ Papero Papero : I think I'm gonna have to post-pone to another night, I'm very sorry. I need to get some sleep for work, and I can't justify staying up super late.

Alright. Whenever you're available, I'll see if I can get on then.
Welcome to the club. Try not to get lost.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I can honestly see the benefit of a Strength IV perk on that weapon. That attack is godly if you get Argorok on the basic special.

How about the Level 3 Harp one? I've got that mission sitting there and preventing me from going places.

And while we're on the subject, how about Agitha's level 3 one (And Girrahim's and the level 3 Baton (gag))?
Agitha: Painful. The 837 Dinolfos at the beginning do not do any favors. But once they're taken care of - Have a Vs. Dragon skill equipped, and have either Guard Breaker or Item Powerup or SP Replenisher activated - just play the mission regularly and you should be fine, if just barely.

Ghirahim: Strong IV and then canceling it before the false Bokoblins spawn is a good screen clearer. If you have Hasty Attacks on one of his swords, use it; Ghirahim can cancel out of one of the regular attacks that spawn the needles, and be ready to attack as they shoot out, or cover both sides with the sword and the needles at once.

Zelda Baton: GET A STRONG ATTACK+ SKILL AND SPAM THAT MOVE LIKE CRAZY. That whirlwind is EXTREMELY powerful despite its size, and you can manually control its position. Aside from that, Strength II is pretty decent, and Strong VI is great. Hasty Attacks recommended.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
G'Day!

Welcome to our little bundle of joy. Also don't worry about any trouble here, we tend to stay well way from all the flaming of the internet. Though just a warning, this thread can get strange from time to time.

Still, welcome and I hope you it here :)

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
She's way too much of a poster girl to be a villain. Nintendo usually doesn't have poster boys/girls as villains. Recurring villains (Ganondorf, Bowser) are possible exceptions, but you usually don't see Ganondorf plastered alongside Link and Zelda in promos and such.
You've clearly never played a Kirby game before. :p

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Intelligent Systems, why are you doing this to me? Between all this new info/trailers and the JP release fast approaching, the wait will be excruciating for the NA release. ;w;

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
Do I see Hyrule Waifu discussion in here?

I really need to buckle down and play it, but all the save data is on my console back home. This one has nothing, and I don't wanna grind it all again.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'll be honest, I didn't expect to be awakened this morning for this:

Thanks so much for this @ Skyblade12 Skyblade12 !!!

IT'S SO CUTE

EVERYTHING DRESSED AS ROBIN IS CUTE

AND I GET TO HAVE IT

Hey, it's not my fault they delivered it early in the morning and woke you up for it! ;)

Glad I could help you get it, Valk.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hey, it's not my fault they delivered it early in the morning and woke you up for it! ;)

Glad I could help you get it, Valk.
Boy, you really have to know how much you did. All Robins sold out in Finland since Day 1, half were pre-order exclusives, and no restocks despite my month wait whatsoever.

You and your friend were literally my only way to get him.

Last edited:

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
All these people saying Kamui is strangling Aqua. Calm down. He's just pushing her down!

Look at it in a different light people. They just reached S-support and Aqua's into Dragon things.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
All these people saying Kamui is strangling Aqua. Calm down. He's just pushing her down!

Look at it in a different light people. They just reached S-support and Aqua's into Dragon things.
I can't imagine that being anything but painful.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Radiant Historia is a real hidden gem on the DS.

Absolutely fantastic story, battle system, music, and characters. One of my favorite DS games, up there with TWEWY.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Ok, that's all I've got time for with you, @ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 .

Big major super huge areas for improvement:

1) STOP AIRDODGING EVERYTHING. Super free landing traps, for the most part.
2) You need to use Elwind in place of the above. Defensive Elwind is at least a mix-up before they get the chance to hit you.
3) You spot-dodge waaaay too much as well. You rely too much on that and airdodge for avoiding things, and will lose heavily to things that either beat spot-dodges (like jabs) or people who bait it.

Your play with the Thunder variants was generally fine? Probably needs more Thoron in your life. You stuck mostly to Elthunder.

Your Arcfires were often unsafe. Try to retreat it more effectively, I was usually able to punish you for it.

More Bair as a punish tool. I don't recall you using it that much.

I...... think that's it?

Thanks for the advice and I'm not fully used to speed thunder number uses and recharge time yet. Also i need to use up b more on stage defensively as you said and practice on recovering discarded items better.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Thanks for the advice and I'm not fully used to speed thunder number uses and recharge time yet. Also i need to use up b more on stage defensively as you said and practice on recovering discarded items better.
Its recharge time is the same as regular Thunder. Tomes always have the same respawn, regardless of custom used. They DO have different usage values, of course.

Now I'm imagining a world where Fire Wall had a faster respawn.... *drools*

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger

She's into some pretty kinky stuff then...

Also, here are some gifs from the trailer:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Its recharge time is the same as regular Thunder. Tomes always have the same respawn, regardless of custom used. They DO have different usage values, of course.

Now I'm imagining a world where Fire Wall had a faster respawn.... *drools*
Hey, Raz, what do you think of Goetia? Is it any good?

Top Bottom