• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tipo Mastr's HRC guide HELP WANTED read first post

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
telling people that my name is pronouced "Typ
This is my HRC guide in progress. I am currently in need of people to develop videos and high level strats for me. Here is my policy on videos:

• Do not make any video more than 5 megabytes.
  • The video quality must be okay, at least. You must be able to see what is happening in the video.
  • Video types: I will not accept .mov or .avi. Period. .movs are bad quality and .avi requires the correct codec. My standard is wmv, but mpegs will work also.
  • Music: You can choose whatever you want to do for music.
    Note: You do not have to import extra music into the video. And try not to make silent movies.
  • Profanities: In the audio, any word that is blocked by smashboards is allowed ONCE per video. I also will reject videos that have racist, antisemetic, or in any way discriminating lyrics.

This is a sample video showing the basic format.
http://rapidshare.de/files/8307526/2000jiggzfinal.wmv.html

Okay, PM me if you are interested in helping me! ^_^ If you want to give me a strat, post it here. Also, you can contact me on AIM; My SN is madmailler.

On this page I will also post my latest scores: (n00bs, prepare your jaws for some major dropping)

NOTE: scores in red are new scores.

Score in feet/score in meters
Doc: 2465.3/751.4
Mario: 3304.2
Luigi: 3170.4/966.3
Bowser: 2325.8/708.9
Peach: 2322.5/707.9
Yoshi: 4384.0/1336.2
DK: 3146.1/958.9
Capt. Falcon: 4246.5/1294.3
Ganondorf: 7785.0/2372.8
Falco: 2918.7/889.6
Fox: 2771.7/844.8
Ness: 3015.5/919.1
IC: 2317.3/706.3
Kirby: 2064.7/629.3
Samus: 3651.x
Zelda: 2022.7/616.5
Link: 2041.7/622.3
Y. link: 2100.8/640.3
Pichu: 2249.1/685.5
Pikachu: 2102.1/640.7
Jigglypuff: 3350.1/1021.1
Mew2: 2005.9/611.4
G&W: 4333.x
Marth: 2337.3/712.4
Roy: 3519.1/1072.6

Total: 74823.4/22805.3

Scores above 2000: 25
Scores above 2500: 13
Scores above 3000: 11
Scores above 3500: 5
Scores above 4000: 3
Scores above 7500: 1

Ravenlord

Smash Apprentice
Well, here are my scores

Doc 688.8m / 2259.9ft
Mario 988m / 3241.6ft
Luigi 687.5m / 2255.6ft
Bowser 749.9m / 2460.3ft
Peach 763.8m / 2505.9ft
Yoshi 1331.8m / 3713.3ft
DK 913.5m / 2997.1ft
Falcon 1297m / 4255.3ft
Ganondorf 2569.4m / 8430.0ft
Falco 735.1m / 2411.8ft
Fox 736.9m / 2417.7ft
Ness 768.9m / 2522.7ft
IC 885.5m / 2905.2ft (I'm PAL)
Kirby 652.7m / 2141.4ft
Samus 932.7m / 3060.1ft
Zelda 672.2m / 2205.5ft
Link 524.5m / 1720.8ft
Young Link 531.2m / 1742.8ft
Pichu 648.6m / 2128.0ft
Pikachu 676.8m / 2220.5ft
Jiggs 861.9m / 2827.8ft
Mew2 647.9m / 2125.7ft
G&W 1347.7m / 4421.7ft
Marth 885.2m / 2904.2ft
Roy 1173.4m / 3849.8ft

Total: 22470.9m / 73725.9ft

FireKP1

Smash Lord
Here's how.

1. Short hop and dair on the sandbag.
2. Immediately charge a up-smash and release when the bag comes back down.
3. When you see the bag coming down immediately do a dair.
4. Charge a up-smash a tiny bit and release.
5. When the timer says 1 press the button.

I'm not sure if this is completely accurate but try it.

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
...on topic... I will write guides on how I did mine.

First, you need to learn how to do a bat drop combo. Go right next to the bag, and jump. Now, press Z to drop the bat and then use the bat drop move I have specified. If you don't get it the first time, keep trying. It took me a while as well. The sand bag will not move.

Now, practice this technique so you can do them 3 times in a row. You should be able to pick the bat up when you reach the ground after doing the downA. If you are having trouble getting the bat before it hits the ground(If it hits the ground it has a chance of disappearing) , press L,R,or Z right before you hit the ground. you should recover more quickly.(This is called L-cancelling and is required for advanced strats).

Refining: Okay, here's how to do the bat drop combos really fast. Do a regular bat drop combo, and L-cancel it. Now, jump, and press Z twice, and then do the down A. This should make you catch the bat, and then drop it, and then spike it down. L-cancel, then repeat. NOTE: This is REALLY hard the first couple times you try, especially if you haven't had experience with bat-drop combos before. Remember, practice makes perfect. :psycho:

THE STRATS!!!!!!!!

Uber begginer: This is how to get a bare minimum of 1000 feet with your character. I have TRIED to make them w/out bat-drop combos, but Link, Y link, and Marth need them. :(

Begginer: Pretty simple, these strats sometimes involve bat drop combos. These aren't too hard usually, and let you have some time extra so you can line up a tipper correctly(tippers are when you hit the bag with the tip of the bat. it is used to get the farthest distance with the bat).

Easy: Farily simple, these usually involve bat drop combos. If you aren't fast enough, you may run out of time though.

Hard: These are complex strategies, used to get the fathest possible distance I have done. These strategies may take upwards of 30 trys to get.

Too the guide...

EDIT: I just improved my Doc score from a measly 1800 to 2000 feet! And my mario went up 100 feet.

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
Doctor Mario strat time!

Uber begginer: grab the bat and dash up to the bag. use two up smashes. It should land behind you. Now turn around and do another up smash. It should land around the center of the platform. Now use 4 super sheets, and do a smash with the bat.
Taget: 1000+

Easy: Same as above, except use 8 super sheets.
Target: 1500+

Hard: Grab the bat and dash to the bag. Use 2 up smashes. It should land behind you. Now jump backwards and when you are above the sandbag(should be lying on its side) and drop the bat. Now do your down A. This is a bat drop combo. Now, your going to do 3 more bat drop down A combos. HOWEVER, make sure you are a step or two away from the sandbag. The beggining of the down A attack should hit, and while the attack is going(it has multiple hits), the bat should hit it. It should do about 30% damage.Now, pick up the bat and smash.
Target: 2000+

Easy/Hard: Grab the bat and dash to the bag. Use 1 up smash. Use a neutral A attack. (with bat). Now do another up smash. turn around and do one more up smash. You should hit with the tip of your head, and it will go to the center of the platform. It should be @ around 48% damage. Now, do 3 bat drop combos. Pick up the bat, and then smash.
Target: 1700+

Mario's up next! :)

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
Mario

okay, I've found a way to get higher than 1000 with link and young link w/out using bat drop combos. And here's the mario.

Uber Begginer: Grab the bat and dash to the bag. Do an upsmash. Now roll around it and do it again. Roll back to the left of the sandbag. Now cape it 6 times.
Target: 1000+

Easy: You need to learn how to do his double jump bat drop combos. Jump, at the peak of the jump, jump again, and drop the bat. Use the forward A, and then press down on the control stick. This will make you fastfall the down A Jump, air catch, jump, drop, forward A, fastfall, and repeat.
The strat is to use 4 of these, cape when you reach the ground, then pick up the bat and smash. Target: 1700+

Easy/Hard: Do 5 double jump bat drop combos, and then smash the bat. To do them this quickly, you must jump right after you pick up the bat, and you must fastfall the down A. The easiest way I've found to do this is to jump, press Z and your jump button at almost the exact same time, then press Z again, press forward A, and then down. Jump, aircatch, jump, drop, forward A, fastfall. Target: 2000+

Hard/Easy: Same as the other one, but as the bat is comeing down, use the cape, and a neutral A attack. By this time the bat should be on the ground. Pick up the bat and smash. Target: 2300+

Hard: Jump, and at the beginning, use an up A for 10-11 damge. Do your doulble jump, and do a bat drop forward A. Do 4 more. Now, use a cape, and then pick up the bat and smash.
Target: 2400+

Harder: Do a slightly charged upsmash, then do 5 double jumnp bat drop combos. When you land, L-cancel, use the cape attack, pick up the bat, and smash. Target: 2500+

AshtonDragon

Smash Cadet
I'll have to post all of my scores later. Off the top of my head, my total is just barely over 80k. I know my Falco score is 3333.1 feet, and Ganondorf is just over 9k. Can't remember the rest of my scores.

AshtonDragon

Smash Cadet
Tyle325 said:
how did you do falco's HRC
My 3333.1 feet strategy:
1) Grab the bat. Run and double jump above the sandbag.
2) Strongly throw the bat downwards and also use a dair, so that the dair connects just after the bat.
3) Perform two more of these bat throw combos, catching the bat in the air each time. Perform the third one on the right side of the sandbag, so that it moves left. Falco is still facing right.
4) Single jump backwards, catch the bat, drop it, and peform Falco's uair. Time it so that Falco's uair hits twice, and the bat hits, but the sandbag doesn't go anywhere.
5) Do a few more of these. I think I did four bat drop uairs, but it might have been three. It was a long time ago.
6) Jump, catch the bat, move backwards in the air. Fire a laser just before landing, and smash the bat forwards just as you do. Try to hit with the tip of the bat.

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
Okay Tile, I'll make my Falco section early just for you. And thanks for the strat Ashton Dragon. How to do falco's Bat-drop combos(Lets call'em BDCs. BTW, Fox and Falco's are bat throw down combos, so they would be BTD combos.) : Do a double jump. Throw the bat down(don't drop it) and use the down A. L-cancel if you feel like it. Now doa single jump, air catch the bat, jump again, throw the bat down, use the down A, and repeat. The sandbag will not move, but it will slide a bit to the right.

Uber beginner:
1: GttBDttB. (grab the bat, dash to the bag. I <3 acronyms.)
2: Use 3 upsmashes. Turn around, and do 2 more.
3: Jump up and spike the bag with the down A.
4: Do another up smash.
5: Roll to the left, and smash the bat.

Easy:

1: GttBDttB.
2: Do 3 double jump bat throw down combos.
3: Jump up and air catch the bat. Fastfall down.
4: When you land, shoot 2 lasers.
5: tipper.
Target: 1300+

Easy/Hard:
2: Do 4 double jump bat throw down combos. After the second one, jump over the bag so when you land from the BTD you are on the right side of the bag. Then jump back over the bag so when you land from the BTD you are on the left side of the bag.
4: Laser when you land.
5: tipper.

Hard:
2: Do 5 Double jump BTDs, alternating sides each time.
4: Tipper.
Target: 2100+

Here's one I did not come up with and I have never done. I'm going to rate it very hard.

*Strategy created by Ashtondragon*
My 3333.1 feet strategy:
1) Grab the bat. Run and double jump above the sandbag.
2) Strongly throw the bat downwards and also use a dair, so that the dair connects just after the bat.
3) Perform two more of these bat throw combos, catching the bat in the air each time. Perform the third one on the right side of the sandbag, so that it moves left. Falco is still facing right.
4) Single jump backwards, catch the bat, drop it, and peform Falco's uair. Time it so that Falco's uair hits twice, and the bat hits, but the sandbag doesn't go anywhere.
5) Do a few more of these. I think I did four bat drop uairs, but it might have been three. It was a long time ago.
6) Jump, catch the bat, move backwards in the air. Fire a laser just before landing, and smash the bat forwards just as you do. Try to hit with the tip of the bat.

AshtonDragon

Smash Cadet
I guess it would be very hard, yeah.
For an extremely hard, do the same strategy I posted up to step 5.
6) Land the last uair on the right side of the sandbag. (Should be fourth or fifth uair)
7) Perform a slightly-charged downsmash.
8) Grab the bat, swing to the right, so that you strike the sandbag just as it passes you.

I've yet to come close to pulling this off. Usually the bag hasn't taken quite enough damage and falls short of the platform after the downsmash, or I run out of time just before I pick up the bat at the end.

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
telling people that my name is pronouced &quot;Typ
Yeah, I saw a vid of someone doing that. See, this guide isn't really directed toward people that are that good.

Bowser:

Uber beginner:
Do upsmashes until time runs low, then smash.

Easy: Same thing, but as it is coming down, walk a bit to the right so it falls on you. Do the bat smash so Bowser swings the bat right as it falls on him. You should hear a *thwack* sound instead of a *piiiiing!!!!!*.
Target: 1300+

Hard: Jump, drop the bat, then use an up-B. Fastfall down, and repeat 2 times. Now use a fully charged forward smash.Target: 1900+

I'm gonna rate this Hard/Very hard. *created by Ravenlord*
1. Grab bat
2. Double jump above the bag, bat throw up
3. Fastfall, Up B
4. Repeat 2 more times
5. Fully Charged Forward Smash

Target: 2300+

bobfungus

Smash Apprentice
Tipo, used a fully charged forward smash instead of a bat swing for that last strat with Bowser.

Ravenlord

Smash Apprentice
My bowser 730m+ strat:

1. Grab bat
2. Double jump above the bag, bat throw up
3. Fastfall, Up B
4. Repeat 2 more times
5. Fully Charged Forward Smash

Seretur

Smash Journeyman
do you at least know that the world record holder's high score is something like 124.xxx.x feets?

i got 25,5 k meters.. you have to do 25,5k X 3,21xxxxxxxx = feets

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
*cough*bump ;) *cough*

Fox:

Uber Beginner:
What could be simpler? Grab the bat and shoot with the blaster until time runs low, and do a tipper.

Easy:
1: Fire a laser.
2: GtBDttB.
3: Jump. At the peak of the jump, jump again. Throw the bat down, and immediately use a down A.
4: Jump, press Z to grab the bat, jump again, and throw the bat down. Immediately use a down A.
5: Repeat step 4 twice.
6: Jump, catch the bat by pressing Z.
7: You should have ample time to set up for a tipper.

Easy/Hard:
1: GtBDttB.
2: Jump, at the peak, jump again, throw the bat down and immediatly use a down A.
3: Jump, press Z to air catch the bat, jump again, and throw the bat down. Immediately use a down A.
4: Repeat step 3 three times.
5: Jump, air catch the bat, and DI into tipper position as you fall down.
6: Tipper(what else?)
1900+

Hard/Easy:
2: Jump, jump again, throw the bat down, and use an up A .
3: See step 3 of the easy/hard strategy.
4: Repeat step 3 three times.
5: see step 5 in the easy/hard strategy.
6: tipper.
2000+

Hard:
2: Use an upsmash. It should land in front of you.
3: Dash to the bag.
4: Jump, jump again, throw the bat down, and use a down A. Land on the right side of the sandbag.
5: Jump, catch the bat, jump again and throw the bat down. Use a down A. Land on the left side of the sandbag.
6: Repeat step 5 three times.
7: Jump, catch the bat, DI into tipper position as you fall.
8: Tipper.
target: 2200.

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
Hey, if you're going to show us your incredible scores, why not make strats for them? People that are better than me at HRC would appreciate it. :)

Oh! 3000 with Captain falcon! :chuckle:

EDIT: I watched it. And I have a question. How the hell do you do those bat drop down As w/ jigs???:confused:

Ravenlord

Smash Apprentice
Tipo mastr said:
Hey, if you're going to show us your incredible scores, why not make strats for them? People that are better than me at HRC would appreciate it. :)

Oh! 3000 with Captain falcon! :chuckle:

EDIT: I watched it. And I have a question. How the hell do you do those bat drop down As w/ jigs???:confused:
The sandsack must stand on the edge.. you must drop right, and the first 2 strikes of the down a must hit right...

The strat:

1. Grab the Bat
2. Double jump over the sandsack, drop the bat, forward a(a bit later, so the sack stands on the edge)
3. 4 bat drop combos(see above)
4. Double jump, drop the bat, down b

here a jiggs guide by me:
Very Easy:

(1) With Bat Smash
1. Grab the bat
2. 7 uncharged upsmashes
3. Batsmash
Target: 300m+

(2) With Rest
1. 7 uncharged upsmashes
2. Down b
Target: 350m+

Easy:

(1) With BD Rest
1. Grab the bat
2. Double jump over sandsack
3. Bat throw up
4. Down a
5. Up smash when bat hits
6. jump, catch bat, throw up, fastfall down
7. up smash when bat hits
8. uncharged upsmash
9. jump to the sack, drop the bat, down b
Target: 500m+

Normal:

(1) With BD Rest
1. Grab the bat
2. Jump, forward a
3. Neutral a without rejump
4. jump, catch the bat
5. jump over sandsack, bat throw up
6. Down a
7. Up smash when bat hits
8. jump, catch the bat, jump
9. drop the bat, neutral a
10. throw the bat while running to the sack
11. when the sandsack comes back, drop the bat, down b
Target: 800m+

Spuddles

Smash Rookie
i've never used the bat as an attack
reading all this will get me addicted to that **** home run contest
i've been clean for months!

-i don't know if this is rubbish or not but its easiest with bowser
hitting the sandbag with a smash HRB when its in the back of him
and it makes a "put" sound making it go further
or does "put" have a fancier name

Spud ala n00b for starters anyone?

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
Thanks, Ravenlord, now I just have to work on air catching the bat.Here's what I'm gonna do, raven. I'll make my own and if any of your strats are different, I'll put them in.

Uber beginner:
1: Dash to the bag. Do not grab the bat.
2: Use 7 Up smashes.
3: Jump up and use rest on the bag.(For it to hit, jiggs must be touching the bag for it to make it go anywhere)
Video: http://de.geocities.com/ravenlord_1...rcVERYEASY2.wmv

Easy:
2: Use 4 upsmashes.
3: Jump up, throw the bat, drop down, use a neutral A attack. Now do an up smash so it hits right after the bat does.
4: Jump up to the bat and use a rest.

Easy/hard:
2: Use 5 upsmashes.
3: Jump up, throw the bat, drop down, use a neutral A attack. Now do an up smash so it hits right after the bat does.
4: Jump up to the bat and use a rest.

Hard:
2: Jump up, throw the bat, drop down, use a neutral A attack. Now do an up smash so it hits right after the bat does.
3: repeat.
4: Do it again, but this time use the b+forward, so it flys up.
5: Jump up, and use rest on the bag.
target: 2000+

EDIT: after making this, I found the only one that was different was the last one, and I didn't really understand it. Because in the first part, it says use a forward A and a neutral A w/out rejump. Then it says aircatch the bat. It didn't say to drop the bat in the first place.

BTW, Raven, can you try to post your scores in feet? Remeber, metersX3.2=feet.

EDIT2: Scuddles, thats actually one of my strats for bowser. :) And that "put" is called a no-ping hit.

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
Okay, sorry for double posting, I really could have edited my last post, but that would make it really lengthy. ANYWAY! Here's my updated HRC scores, in feet.

Doc: 2069.3
Mario: 2541.4
Luigi: 2061.4
Bowser: 1631.6
Peach: 1428.8
Yoshi: 2709.7
DK: 2951.5
Captain Falcon: 3021.4 XD
Ganondork: 4462.7 (yes I said ganonDORK) ;)
Falco: 2202.8
Fox: 2325.0
Ness: 1756.6
IC: 2120.8
Kirby: 1474.1
Samus:2174.9
Zelda: 1642.1
Link: 1405.2
Y.Link: 1357.0
Pichu: 1762.8
Pika: 1763.5
Jiggz: 2035.5