• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips For A Heavyweight Team

tyrone

Smash Rookie
Im new 2 the forum but not 2 the game so please dont dismiss me as a noob, anyways a local brawl tourney is coming up in my town its going 2 be 2v2 on FD(final destination) 5 stock, no items
my team for the tourney is called team KO POTENTIAL (BOWSER&GANONDORF) and i kno what ur thinking that u could come up with a 100 better combinations 2 use for a team

but the point im trying to make is that when ppl see the team they get a false sense of security in thinking that we are noobs........until there flying up as a star KO and my bowser is doing his down taunt or my teamates ganondorf is drooling over his sword and then by the time they take us seroiusly its to late.....then they try 2 find some excuse for losing 2 such a lame team in their eye's.
i know my team wouldn't be a favorite 2 win but i kno some good players will go home pissed that they lost 2 a team like that:mad:. but enough talking......gimmie some tips on how 2 combat the cookie cutter teams out there u kno teams that use ike,snake,MK,marth etc all those so called high tier characters,
and i know for a fact that IKE SPAMMERS WILL BE THERE u kno ppl who c-stick with him and hope 2 hit the lottery. so please give me tips on things like stage control, edgegaurding ,or set ups for there powerfull moves. so far our plan is to use bowser's fire breath with ganon behind him doing his UP TILT A cause its sucks them in while charging for extra damage

thesultan2112

Smash Apprentice
i've been thinking of tryin to get a heavy team together too, but i play D3, i think you'd have to be focused on fighting together and not letting them seperate your characters, also, i don't really know how effect the reach of each of their grabs are, but that seems like somethingto work on, and Gannon's side B, the choke slam could set you up pfor a nice attack, , , , , about the fire breath, i do kinda the same thing when i play with Pit playeron my team i have pit do his shield while someon's dashing, then i'l stand behind and chagre a fsmash, so when the dsasher reflects of the shield, he getts a hammer,, , , ,good idea though, will Gannon's utilt suck them in reagardless of the fire? seems like something to check out

tyrone

Smash Rookie
well by the time ganondorf usually starts his up a tilt bowser's fire start's running low so they still take damage from the fire and then ganon's foot layeth the smackdown on them.
im thinking of using D3 as well but his chain grabs would get interrrupted to easily i think he's better for 1v1 matches.

thesultan2112

Smash Apprentice
there's allot more better stuff to D3 besides the cahingrab, besides, if your playin in a tourny, it's likely to be banned anyway

tyrone

Smash Rookie
naw ive been 2 this place before and the tourney organizers kno nuthing about smash its anything goes 2 them but some of the players might frown upon it though.

Amide

Smash Lord
I recommend that when ever someone trys to get physical with you/teamate, other person hurts them real bad.

Top Bottom