• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for Falcon?

HerpuhDerpin

Smash Rookie
I'm a fairly new player to the technical side of smash, but I've been to pick up Dash Dancing, Wave Dashing, and L-Canceling pretty quickly. The things I'm struggling with on Falcon is approaching my brothers Zelda (and approaching in general). Whenever I'm far away he'll use SideB and when I try to get in close he'll just use neutralB to get me away from him.

yohoos

Smash Apprentice
I find any Zelda that uses SideB in neutral will generally eat a knee from my falcon. Din's fire is a very laggy move and you should be able to jump in and get a hit off before zelda can Neutral B. This may not be the case if she places the din's fire right in front of her but then you don't really have anything to worry about and just continue dash-dancing/baiting. You have to be careful approaching Zelda because she can wall with double Fairs/Bairs making it very dangerous to approach. Jump in with neutral air when you are around mid-range to apply some pressure but make sure to stay grounded otherwise. You can also throw out full hop dairs too as they should avoid the fair/bair wall. Dash into shield to try to bait out laggy moves like dash attack or any of her smash attacks and get a shield-grab. For the most part, work on your movement so that Zelda can not catch up to you in neutral and you should feel much more comfortable. Zelda is much slower than falcon and her projectile isn't very useful against him so just play around her defensive moves and punish accordingly.

If you are feeling flashy you can throw out a random falcon kick to mix it up and confuse your opponent. It does come with a risk though.

Last edited:

Shinryuenjin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shinryuenjin
Use your speed to your advantage and try your best not to get hit. Dash dance like mad, jump around, wave land onto each platform as you do so to keep up your speed around the map. Pull away and dash back out of a approach if you read her Nayru's Love or fair/bair wall coming out as you approach.

If she gets you in neutral things can be very, very bad for you, so you have to make sure when you connect one of those hits, you follow it up. Once you learn how to SHFFL your Knees and other aerials I think you'll find Zelda isn't too bad of a MU for Falcon though it must definitely seem daunting for you at the moment.

As for her fair/bair, as yohoos, said, Dair works wonders. That said, try not to dish out Knees against her fairs/bairs. Her fair/bair will win practically every time as it comes out too fast and the PM developers made the Hitboxes for the moves absolutely ludicrous. Honestly if you play around her fair/bair and Nayru's Love, Zelda becomes a much easier MU for Falcon. That's most of what you need to fight her.

Last edited:

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
Do lots of pushups, don't ever shave any hair on any part of your body, and go to tournaments shirtless.

Top Bottom