• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for going against a Ness?

JohanVonBronx

Smash Apprentice
Having a bit of trouble fighting Ness. Any particular tips that could help? I feel like maybe I shouldn't put the hydrant down as much since Ness seems to be able to knock it around fairly easy.

NimbusSpark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NimbusSpark
A few notes you could use -
  • You'd really want to play lame with Ness, to be honest. He has trouble approaching due to his poor mobility, so he's easily camped in general situations.
  • If he actually PK Fires you successfully, spam your trampoline and try to escape, in a matter akin to Megaman's now dead 'Rush Cancelling' tech.
  • In fact, Trampoline generally screws over what's important about him - grabbing us and punishing us really hard.
  • His aerial game beats ours, but we have more range in general, thus spacing Ness is easier.
  • And I agree with not using Hydrant too often in this MU. One sweetspotted B-Air = instantly launched hydrant.

Top Bottom