• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips/ Help against G&W

fangochango

Smash Rookie
I've been having some problems fighting G&W , i've already searched on advantages and disadvantages when fighting him and mostly i only find one thing .SPAMMING MT and i frecuently do pull it off , but i dont really like relying on the spamming game :/ , he usually beats my fair with his fair , and in the ground the only thing he does is an infinite down smash barrage it's not that he gets me always but i cant really counter attack it unless i use a special attack and most of the times it leaves my open to an attack , i've been finding the down tilt very effective against it ,but if he gets me with the d smash he usually sends me flying and thats where the problem begins , he almost always wins in the aerial game and pushes me into a defensive gave and it's commonly a very even match ,but i like having control of the match .

Most of the times i finish him off with an up +b , or a dsmash , but then he just comes back and gets me with one of his d /smashes and ko's me very easily and the whole cycle repeats again and again , i was wondering if someone could give me some advice i'd really appreciate it , i didn't find a thread of G&W match up , sorry if there's already a place to talk about this , but if you can help , id be very thankfull

Program

Smash Apprentice
Wow, He is Dsmash spamming? Im surprised. Just Sh Fair or float above him with MT. Box should NOT be out prioritizing your air game. If I were you, Id be much more worried about his 5 second Fsmash.

fangochango

Smash Rookie
yes , well actually he spams both fsmash and d smash i forgot to say that , but thanks i'll be keeping that in mind

Bug~

Smash Ace
ftilt..im a gw main, and ftilt is a good move to use against a dsmash spammer..also, do alot of up b's glide attack..

did you know? you can start an up B RIGHT AWAY after slashing from a glide attack..keep doing this.

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
Well Zephyr and I have our insight on our Ask All Matchup Questions Here thread on our first page (towards near the end of the first post) if you want to take a gander at that...

Top Bottom