• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on camper falco

vCannino93

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so here's the deal.

I consider myself a pretty skilled brawler, and I know a few AT's... but there's this asian kid I know that is always bragging about how much better he is at brawl than everyone else. So I versed him. He beats me 60% of the time, and brags about it. He sucks at brawl and knows very little of it. When describing moves, he even calls his side smash 'side - a'. Hhe doesn't use any tilts and just rolls away from you and spams the blaster.

He never jumps. He never runs (he rolls away from you). He only uses three moves (for the most part): Falco Illusion, [Side Smash], and Blaster.

Do you have any tips on how I can beat him? I've tried nearly every character, but after looking at the matchup board, it seems Mr. Game and Watch fares well against falco. Also, I've always had some skills with this character, so he is my last resort to shut this kid up.

TheSnakeEater

Smash Rookie
Watching the Wizard of Oz for the 50,000th time (a
Bucket the Blaster. When he gets wise to that, use a whole lot of B-airs and grab him, d-throw, and use the c-stick on smash to d-smash. He CANNOT escape a d-throw to D-Smash. This will annoy him. Remember, bucket, B-air, DTrow-DSmash. Other techniques (such as UpB to Key) are useful if he begins to mix things up, but those three will utterly kill almost any Falco you can find.

vCannino93

Smash Apprentice
Thanks.

Any other tips, anyone? Is it good to chase him when he rolls? He usually follows up with a side/up smash, but I need to work on my sidestep timing...

Also, is SH nair good on him?

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
If he spams Blaster its a easy bucket.
If he rolls alot just predict it and punish
same with "side a" just predict it and own him
for the illusion just get in the air ure ure turtle alot and ure Key

Neb

Smash Lord
Laser spam? Its as easy as pressing down on the joy.
SQUAT. The clearance of the blaster is too high to touch a crouching G&W, that'll cut down on some of that excess laser damage. Bucket the first three shots so your not filling up a stale Oil Panic.

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
Laser spam, its as easy as pressing down on the joy.
SQUAT.
Why squat when you can fill the bucket :O
btw dont waste the bucket right away cause usualy when it is full your opponent wont want to get hit and will play alot more devesivly. When it is full falco will probaly use his lasers more so then yes, you should crouch down so they cant hit you

Neb

Smash Lord
-_-, I meant after you fill the bucket, of course!
Jeez.

Anywho, learn how to spotdodge and shield precisely. And if he's only attacking at ground level, punish him from the air.

Neb

Smash Lord
S'all good, buddy, just thought that was a little self-explanatory.
And, you said to not fill your bucket earlier? That can be good sometimes, but your ultimately lowering the strength of your Oil Panic if you absorbing stale laser shots. Its better to sponge-up the first few so you have the most powerful splash you can.

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
S'all good, buddy, just thought that was a little self-explanatory.
And, you said to not fill your bucket earlier? That can be good sometimes, but your ultimately lowering the strength of your Oil Panic if you absorbing stale laser shots. Its better to sponge-up the first few so you have the most powerful splash you can.
Yea but if you Dodge the Lasers (they dont touch you) they wont Decay and stay as strong as usualy but yea.. not guna happen so yea when playin Falco listen to Neb get the bucket filled fast :D

Neb

Smash Lord
lol, with all the fancy pewpew tricks Falco has going for him, your bound to get hit by a few lasers, not saying its impossible, but you have to have pretty descent air-dodge, spot dodge, shield timing, etc. Its easier if you snag several shots, then go commando with your evasion/approach, or you could just be lazy and crouch, and force your foe to approach. But anyway, lol.

keeper

Smash Champion
If you want to show off, just predict where his Phantasm will end then punish it with a judge, just for fun if you're already winning.

cutter

Smash Champion
So basically only uses 4 moves (Laser, Side B, Fsmash, Usmash). You shouldn't have too many problems.

Countering lasers has been said ad nauseam.

Against Falco's smashes, just use a well-timed Dtilt, dash attack, turtle, or key. Against Side B, anticipate the startup time, spotdodge, chase, and punish.

Don't forget, when someone like Falco uses their smashes to build up damage, they're going to have a MUCH harder time KOing you because his smashes will be so stale.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Ok, so here's the deal.

I consider myself a pretty skilled brawler, and I know a few AT's... but there's this asian kid I know that is always bragging about how much better he is at brawl than everyone else. So I versed him. He beats me 60% of the time, and brags about it. He sucks at brawl and knows very little of it. When describing moves, he even calls his side smash 'side - a'. Hhe doesn't use any tilts and just rolls away from you and spams the blaster.

He never jumps. He never runs (he rolls away from you). He only uses three moves (for the most part): Falco Illusion, [Side Smash], and Blaster.

Do you have any tips on how I can beat him? I've tried nearly every character, but after looking at the matchup board, it seems Mr. Game and Watch fares well against falco. Also, I've always had some skills with this character, so he is my last resort to shut this kid up.
you have a godd*mn bucket that kills at like 50% with Falco's lasers, no complaining
Falco can't 0-death GW with his awesome recovery so basically you have absolutely everything you need, just learn how to use it.
and falco's forward smash can be seen like an hour in advance

Ilex

Smash Ace
Your Bair out-prioritizes his Fsmash so use that to your advantage. My brother who I play with is also roll-crazy with his falco and I wouldn't recommend the dair as that's pretty much an invitation to get punished. Also, play mindgames with him; use empty short hops and such to make him roll behind you and you can punish with a bair in his lag. Your squat also goes below his reflector I believe.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Don't focus on filling the Bucket too much if Falco is at mid range. You'll need Falco at 65% to get a kill if I recall from lasers. Not all that exciting really.

Duck under lasers and wait for Falco to approach you. Falco is fairly easy to deal with from there. Your tilts if timed right will cancel the illusion. Your B-air BEATS the illusion and so does your F-smash. The only other attack Falco can safely hit you with when you are crouching is the reflector, so yeah. Just be really patient, and watch out for the Side B and Down B.

Keep in mind that Falco has about the same range you do, although not disjointed.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
This is what I see happening:
-Start of match
-He starts lasers, so bucket it
-He continues to laser, you duck
-He gets annoyed so he rolls a bit and phantasms to you
-Block/avoid and punish until about 50%
-Oil Panic
-You say, "LOLZ!"
-He says, "Dude! WTF wuz dat! Cheap!"
-New life and he's still shooting blasters.

vCannino93

Smash Apprentice
This is what I see happening:
-Start of match
-He starts lasers, so bucket it
-He continues to laser, you duck
-He gets annoyed so he rolls a bit and phantasms to you
-Block/avoid and punish until about 50%
-Oil Panic
-You say, "LOLZ!"
-He says, "Dude! WTF wuz dat! Cheap!"
-New life and he's still shooting blasters.
omg how did u kno that?

He calls anything and everything that beats him cheap. I was going to use lucas in a tournament and he tried to get him banned (the tournament was over my friend's house). I still lost though... I can't wait to OP him.

Thanks for all the help everyone :)

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
i beleive if he spams b then u spam b back if he only rolls and if he keeps doing it spam dair that will irritate the crap out of him

vCannino93

Smash Apprentice
i beleive if he spams b then u spam b back if he only rolls and if he keeps doing it spam dair that will irritate the crap out of him
there's one flaw though.

falco's neutral b goes straight forward and is quick and makes you flinch a lot. MGW's neutral b tosses sausages that go slow and have poor range. Not the best idea....

Neb

Smash Lord
there's one flaw though.

falco's neutral b goes straight forward and is quick and makes you flinch a lot. MGW's neutral b tosses sausages that go slow and have poor range. Not the best idea....
Don't listen to "noobs" (unless they know what they're talking about), they need to be educated before they start babbling information they're not sure of. If someone says to "spam dair", you just know they're a below average G&W player.

Top Bottom