• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on getting used to Guarding, Rolling, Ect

MidniteBlaze

Smash Apprentice
The place I currently reside at is Coral Springs,
Considering i mostly forget to do these things, I think I do pretty well. Throwing too I tend to forget...basically I'd obviously win more matches by upping the defensive game a bit. Any tips perhaps on how any of you got used to the idea of blocking/evading because I can never seem to remember to most of the time...

Link he come to town...

Smash Apprentice
Well I just played game modes where i had to guard alot, I guess the best would be intense boss battles in Brawl, or you could play games where your goal is to guard or dodge all of their attacks until you die but not retaliate, except with shield grabbing.

Unrelated: the song in your sig is one of my favourite songs, I think Sidstyler is the best though.

Dojo Sam

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I had this problem too when I wanted to incorporate spot dodging into my Melee game.

This is going to sound lame, but you just need to practice. I'd go over replays and see where I could incorporate a defensive maneuver instead of doing something else. Above all, you'll need patience. Bad habits are hard to break, but good habits tend to be hard to pick up too. Eventually these maneuvers will become second nature.

Maybe you can tape onto your T.V. a piece of paper that says "DODGE" to remind yourself to do so. Dunno, your choice. :D

Top Bottom