• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on using Doc's pills with minimal landing lag?

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I've been maining Doc since the game basically came out. And I've noticed my slow point with Doc is trying to implement his pills into my game-play. I always find myself short jump/reg jump, pill, land with lag from the pill, get punished. Does anyone have any tips to not get the annoying pill landing lag? If there are any.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
You can cancel the land lag completely if you full-hop when using pills, so you might just want to be jumping higher. You can still move around in air during the move's downtime, so you can make some distance, or move in as freely as you'd like, and obviously still can act straight out of landing, too. Pretty much the best advice I can give on this, really. I don't think there's really much else too it. Doc isn't my main though, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Last edited:

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
If you full hop rising pill you can DJ before hitting ground. Which means you can pretty much do whatever you want upon landing. I like to FH Rising Pill then DJ Retreating Nair. Like @ Conn1496 Conn1496 said, No other options for lagless meds.

Top Bottom