• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips vs MetaKnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
^Better yet, why do they bring up threads by scraping at the bottom of the barrel? It's one thing if it's still on the front page, but another thing entirely if you have to change page settings to get something ancient lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if a thread is madd old, doesnt the forum still give the "last post on the thread was 6 months ago, dont post unless its important" warning?

despite that, I agree with dekar.

Demp

Smash Journeyman
Well, being that MK is still unquestionably the biggest threat at tournaments, I find this thread to still be relevant :)
Really. So what if a post is necrofied? This guide can still help people, so what's the big deal? Would you rather have someone C&P the OP and make a new thread, or have someone just bump the existing one?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
The dude who bumped this topic should be infracted.

It's part of the rules not to necrobump unless something VERY relevant comes up for that topic (Like a MU topic that's 4 months dead, but suddenly a character finds out they have a CG in that MU, that would desirve a necrobump), people need to learn to read things.

learn2readpeople

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
if a thread is madd old, doesnt the forum still give the "last post on the thread was 6 months ago, dont post unless its important" warning
Correct.

But you won't get this message because you're a ***, ignoring me.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
It's actually amazing to me that people can find these threads, and then completely ignore the bolded warning that tells them that this thread is over a year old.

How can you miss that?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
By thinking that your post is important enough, probably.

Anyway, this thread is still legit right?

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Mk isnt unbeatable he has a lot of other character moves like pikachu's nair except without lag when auto cancelled or land cancelled, his uair and dair is like marth's except again can be auto cancelled or land cancelled, and MK's fair and bair are the same and are great for tech chasing.

M2K answer this for me are there any tips for stopping MK's nair? I seem to be die by this alot on aib. Only way to lose to mk's besides shuttle loop and the occasional SD. Thanks for the help on the shuttle loop.
You need an infraction. GET.OUT.:mad:

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I didn't know about this, an it's information from one of the best players in the game on how to beat the most common obstacle in tournaments, and one of my worst matchups.

Infraction or no, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I'm really glad this topic was bumped because I am having a hard time with Meta Knight lately and this topic helped give me some new ideas. I've never read it before until a few days ago. Everyone can stfu!! Peach > Everyone

LanceStern

Smash Lord
It's been what people have been repeating for a long time now.

Oddly enough, MK still destroys people who know these tips:
+ Tornado is still a PAIN to try and break and you often get hit cause opponents generally aren't going ot let you fall on them or punish their tornado
+ Shuttle Loop still KOs ridiculously early and puts you at a disadvantage spot no matter how you try and DI it

rchau

Smash Cadet
So yeah, those are some random tips I thought of maybe could help you people, but it mostly comes down to fighting MK center stage, use my Tornado tips, and have good DI.

what do you mean... YOU PEOPLE? :p

gg tips/advice. This should be stickied imo.

Sharky

Smash Master
2 things:

1. this thread is definitely still viable, so people complaining should shut up.

2. all these "OMG YOU NECRO'D INFRACTIOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!" posts are also against the forum rules I believe, so...yeah...lol.

that said, I think we should try to work on this thread/issue some more lol

.Marik

is a social misfit
Sharky is a reasonable and smart fellow!

More people should listen to him!

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
I'm really glad this topic was bumped because I am having a hard time with Meta Knight lately and this topic helped give me some new ideas. I've never read it before until a few days ago. Everyone can stfu!! Peach > Everyone
The big one for peach is tornado DI. If you don't DI, then tornado > all of peach. But if you smash DI up on the first hit, you can easily counter with dair or nair. Peaches that learn this are a lot harder to beat.

I know I'm not a big name in Meta Knight, but I'll try to pass on any tips I've gathered over time.

-Tuen

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
yeah even though this thread is really old I still found alot of the tips helpful. And I can say that its still relevant in that I didn't see something in the OP that doesn't apply anymore (cept for maybe the double down smash).

smasher01

Smash Ace
You don't think that's a little bold of you to state "you only lose to good MK's" when you haven't even been out of your area? Inui is a good player? Nah, no he's not. Why do you think so.. because he beats you with MK? Or because he beats Atomsk with MK? That doesn't make him a good player. He's a bad player using a broken character. And - further note, I am not amazing, I lose to bad MK's (Plank is a bad MK imo). When considering how BROKEN MK -ACTUALLY- is, you should NOT use the term 'good' as loosely as you are. Inui is not a good player, his performance with Marth/Snake should show you that much. I'm allowed to have an opinion, and in my opinion most Metaknights aren't actually good... they're just Metaknights.

I've heard you're a nice guy Pierce, apparently much more kind than I am, but don't give people so much credit rofl
maybe you lose to bad mks cuz your a bad marth?
simple as that.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh God, you quoted him.

More importantly, you quoted him from one year and two months ago.

Somebody please close this, and then burn this thread in hopes that the necromantic arts die along with it. Hurry, before it's late! :urg:

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
That dude w/ the anime avatar needs to get his *** in here.

I assume the mods. simply think that people will stop posting and the thread will be lost on its own but now they're just being lazy...:urg:

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
People always complain that MK is broken and too easy to pick up, right? Well if you think you're the better player, just learn the MK ditto. Last I heard that MU is 50:50

InfiniteBlaze

Smash Apprentice
55:45. Port priority.
>_>

Too bad port priority can go both ways.

Stop trying to make MK more broken than he really is. You pro ban people are getting desperate. The match-up is ****ing 50:50 god dammit.

Words cannot express how much this post pissed me off.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
>_>

Too bad port priority can go both ways.

Stop trying to make MK more broken than he really is. You pro ban people are getting desperate. The match-up is ****ing 50:50 god dammit.

Words cannot express how much this post pissed me off.
lol @ you for thinking he's godly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom