• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I'm a fellow wolf mainer myself! and from what I see, you're doing fairly well! You're aerial game is very good, and you make some pretty good use of the smash attacks. Maybe a little TOO good with the smash attacks, which could be a problem. You should probably use his 3 hit Combo a lot more often; just using all smash attacks on the floor COULD help, but pretty soon people will follow your formula, and immediately shield. Hence, why you should do a 3 hit combo, it's quick and very effective. You could also try using his Reflector for some Counter attacks too. All in all, good work. You play fairly similar to me.

Kensiko

Smash Rookie
Not bad at all man. Problem is (and I went through this as well), is that practicing against a level 9 computer makes you develop some bad habits. They just don't act like a person would and can do some pretty superhuman stuff (like sidestep and airdodge 20 consecutive attacks sometimes and then just start letting you hit them no problem...). Doesn't help practice mindgames and changing/improvising tactics on the fly either.

It IS good for practicing the moves themselves though, though I'd suggest (like one of my friends suggested to me) using a lvl 1 CPU instead. That way you can truly practice you're spacing and timing (lvl 9's can be all over the place sometimes, so it can be hard to practice what you want, when you want).

'sides that, you use your Usmash way too much IMO. You used it a couple times when the CPU was next to you and he didn't even move. A human player would've punished you bigtime there. Other than that, you didn't seem to abuse the Fsmash too much, but you had zero variety to your attack patterns (which happens when you play mostly against CPU's), so you were pretty easy to predict lots of times.

Play around with different moves. I like Nairs (you can use it to knockback or to do a couple hits to launch a combo, depending on how you hit the other guy), the Reflector (quick hit with decent stun, can stop someone in their tracks and maybe set up a combo), RAR's, AAA, Ftilt...

Wolf has so many different things he can use, you have to try everything you can. Try SH'ing more, you didn't seem to do it very much (although you used the Bair a lot, that's good ;)). And try to avoid the Fair, unless it's for a killing blow or if you can master its L-cancel. Otherwise you get punished. ;)

DAKMASTER

Smash Apprentice
L-cancelled aerials are just sex onscreen

so you got aerials stage scarring blah blah blah

as far as actual gameplay i reccomend using you shine in there sometimes. I would also be careful with the d-air it can screw you up. maybe also add A ground combos in, because your ground game is little too f-smash oriented.

overall teh goal of a good wolf player is to have a thousand different approaches that work and when one doesnt work make another couple thousand :)

Acid_Wolf

Smash Cadet
Your gameplay looks solid, just refine it some more with ground combos more defensive manuevers etc. I would also recommend practicing against level 8's instead of 9's though, like Kensiko said. 9's have unrelealistic dodges/shields.

Top Bottom