• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Titanfall

Which platform will you be getting this game for

• Total voters

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
TF2 is the most casual piece of trash I've ever had the experience of playing. It is the Brawl of FPS games. Counter Strike would have been a better example.
It is the Brawl of FPS games.
BEST COMPARISON NA

Hijacking thread momentarily to bash TF2.

First of all, I'm not an F2P basher. But damn was tf2 good when it was paywalled and when there weren't any updates. The balance... oh, it was SUBLIME. It was BEAUTIFUL. A work of art. Then suddenly 10 years of development down the drain because they decided "Oh hey, **** balance, **** the paywall, and **** everything this game stands for because even though this is the perfect multiplayer shooter we just really want to mess it up." I can only play that game for short bursts of time before I see some absolute trashy bull**** weapon being abused because devs forgot what balance was. TF2 was like a beautiful girl who had no other option but to sell her body on the street to a bunch of sleazy scumbags just to make a couple bucks.

That said, it's still fun if you want to get your ****s and giggles out of a totally silly shooter. But man, what a waste.

Not to mention valve just paid out over a million dollars to map creators/third party community developers earlier this year.
Didn't actually know that. Good for them. It's a great thing that they're doing. It just shouldn't have happened to something as brilliant as original release TF2. Maybe if there was TF2 standalone with no updates and TF2 freeplay I wouldn't be so mad.

Before someone calls me out saying "oh but you wanted community made maps for Titanfall"
Yes, I do. But not in the main game rotation.
Also before someone calls me out saying "oh but if you don't like updates why do you like ____ game etc"
Because TF2 was literally perfect before its updates. That's what gets me. They weren't even updating the game to fix anything, just to add some really broken **** to the game.

Back on topic:

Goddy, I still need a reason for why you aren't using the sidewinder. Use the sidewinder. Everyone should use the sidewinder. Sidewinder for president. Vote sidewinder.

Also, here's the poster you get from Gamestop: http://titandrop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Poster_med.jpg
Really excited Mass Effect Titanfall. Sorry, just got mixed up from the incredibly generic poster that hardly focuses on TITANS which is what the game is about.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Why is it silly? Halo (before CoD took over) and CoD both have thrived without the need for mouse/keyboard. I bet I could look at any of the players on a pro CoD team and the majority of them would be using a controller (if not all of them).

TF2 is the most casual piece of trash I've ever had the experience of playing. It is the Brawl of FPS games. Counter Strike would have been a better example.
On a pro CoD team? OK. You have teams that play on console and teams that play on PC. What's your point there?

TF2 can be played casually or competitively. Counter strike is a great game too. A friend and I ran a server for 3 years in the top 10% of servers in the early 2000's. Any game can be taken casually that others find really competitive. Halo is grandma speed for me. I never understand how people enjoyed it but others loved it. Who am I to say what people should and shouldn't enjoy.

D

Deleted member

On a pro CoD team? OK. You have teams that play on console and teams that play on PC. What's your point there?
There is no CoD community for PC and if there is one, it clearly doesn't compare to its console counterpart.

Goddy, I still need a reason for why you aren't using the sidewinder. Use the sidewinder. Everyone should use the sidewinder. Sidewinder for president. Vote sidewinder.
I didn't give much thought to my anti titan weapon, I just kept using the rocket because that was working for me.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
They just did a weapon balance patch in January towards all new and old weapons. I don't think if the game kept getting updated that people would still play. If anything I think the updates saved the game. Did you really want the pyro running around with 200 health? I think it was good he got knocked down to 175.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
You tell me, Mr. PC Mustard Race.
Calm down tough guy. There are plenty of people who do play CoD games on the PC. You just don't hear them screaming all day in your ear like the casual teenagers on xboxlive or PSN. Most of your friends maybe yourself included will most likely have a xbox or playstation which's understandable. Most people don't have the balls or know how to slide a video card into a motherboard and connect a power supply. I have a playstation 3 myself and Wii U. I'm not going to kid myself though on the hardware. I could buy a 90 dollar video card and have it be better than the hardware on any console I have. PC mustard race cracka. Bess recognize!

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
Anti titan weapons got a huge buff. Heavy rocket is now usable. Disregard whatever I said about the sidewinder.

Been reading up on what's in the game, and it looks like there isn't as much customization as I had hoped. Welp

D

Deleted member

Calm down tough guy. There are plenty of people who do play CoD games on the PC. You just don't hear them screaming all day in your ear like the casual teenagers on xboxlive or PSN. Most of your friends maybe yourself included will most likely have a xbox or playstation which's understandable. Most people don't have the balls or know how to slide a video card into a motherboard and connect a power supply. I have a playstation 3 myself and Wii U. I'm not going to kid myself though on the hardware. I could buy a 90 dollar video card and have it be better than the hardware on any console I have. PC mustard race cracka. Bess recognize!
I'm talking about pros here, I know there's probably like 15 people playing CoD on PC. How come pro CoD players use a controller when they have mouse/keyboard available to them?

Last edited by a moderator:

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I'm talking about pros here, I know there's probably like 15 people playing CoD on PC. How come pro CoD players use a controller when they have mouse/keyboard available to them?
Most don't know how to use something beyong hitting a power button and sliding a disk in. Most people on PC don't play CoD. We did when those games first came out. Battlefield Vietnam, and the first versions of call of duty. I don't know how old you are man but I've been playing FPS's for a long time. Check out the call of duty wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Call_of_Duty_media

Kids didn't even start playing Call of Duty on Xbox until 2009. PC owners had already played the game since 2003 when it ONLY came out on PC. Sales were slow with each new version of call of duty that came out so they decided to go after the console owners and low and behold did they strike a casual gold mine. Now anyone that can hit a power button on a console can play.

D

Deleted member

Most don't know how to use something beyong hitting a power button and sliding a disk in. Most people on PC don't play CoD. We did when those games first came out. Battlefield Vietnam, and the first versions of call of duty. I don't know how old you are man but I've been playing FPS's for a long time. Check out the call of duty wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Call_of_Duty_media

Kids didn't even start playing Call of Duty on Xbox until 2009. PC owners had already played the game since 2003 when it ONLY came out on PC. Sales were slow with each new version of call of duty that came out so they decided to go after the console owners and low and behold did they strike a casual gold mine. Now anyone that can hit a power button on a console can play.
Dude, you've jumped ship so many times that I don't even know what you're arguing for any more.

D

Deleted member

I haven't jumped ships at all. This game will be decent. You choose to play it on a console go right ahead. That's it.
You went from saying playing FPS games on anything but a PC is silly because of mouse/keyboard. When I asked you why pro teams use a controller instead, you started talking about how PC has no players because they don't know how to install a video card. I don't even think you know what you're trying to say any more.

Last edited by a moderator:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
All I do is play Hardpoint on this game. Anyways, I do fairly well playing it, and if you can get at least one person communicating with you and doing call outs, you'll be surprised at how well you'll do.

Anyways, enjoying myself greatly with this game.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
As the days go by I can't brush off this feeling that the 360 version is somehow gonna be ****ed up.
Eh, from what I have been hearing, the 360 version is going to be the same as the Xbone/PC versions, but with down-scaled graphics. So one game won't have more features than the other. But the way that it is going to run? We'll see.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if there will ever be a day when game studios overestimate the time they need to develop and release early rather than the frequently seen opposite.

I didn't know that they were developing for next gen initially then porting to previous gen. I thought they were upscaling the 360 version for xbone. Interesting.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I wonder if there will ever be a day when game studios overestimate the time they need to develop and release early rather than the frequently seen opposite.

I didn't know that they were developing for next gen initially then porting to previous gen. I thought they were upscaling the 360 version for xbone. Interesting.
They originally designed the game on PC, since they never had a Xbox One dev kit at the time. Once they got their hands on it, they started to develop for both. A 360 port is being done by a different dev team, and it appears that the port is going along smoothly for the most part.

Last edited:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I'm excited to teach my friends how to play Titanfall.

Globe

I only care for waifus
It was my Birthday a few days ago I was thinking about buying Titanfall then I realized that I had to buy Xbox Live and ehh didn't want to do that so I bought all these instead

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I mean if we're trying to use other people's opinions to back up our own opinions then lets just go blow for blow, ill match any vid you post with vids to people that share the same opinion as I do

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
^Nice b8 m8

But really bro, the game is freaking good. If coming into an online forum and bashing games on a completely opinionated basis on a Sunday evening is your way of satisfying your glaringly obvious inferiority complex, go right ahead. I have no intention of stopping you. Hell, more coal for the fire I guess.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Bored or not, don't start provoking others just because you don't like the game.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Due to work and other real life stuff I haven't been able to play too much but I got to play with F8AL for a few hours on release day... The game is insanely fun can't wait to jump back in once life stops being so damn stressful.

EDIT: #StryderTitanMasterRace

Last edited:
Top Bottom