• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TITS1 Melee/Halo1-2, SF4 Jacksonville, IL POSTPONED $300+ in prizes

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Team Iowa Tournament Series #1 not actually in Iowa

Jacksonville is 40 miles west of springfield.
I want this to be a big tourny. If we cannot get over 40 people, I will probably cancel it.
The payout is still being determined. If this tourny happens, I will ensure that first place makes 300 dollars, even if I have to pay my own money. I am willing to put up 200 dollars into the first place pot.
There will be halo setups and at least 1 SF4 setup the entire time. If anybody wants to LAN after the tournament, we can arrange housing / you can use one of the many hotels.
The entry fee will be 10 dollars for singles, 20 dollars per team. Crews are very possible.

We have 2 local recording setups. We have 4-5 melee setups. Bring what you can.

rules:
Random Stages-FoD, DL64, BF, FD, Stadium, DL64
banned stages-Stages banned: Yoshi's Island, MKI, MKII, Venom, Big Blue, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Termina, and Yoshi's Island 64

•Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not pick the last stage where you won in the same set.
•Knock-out: Each person may knock out one stage for the entire match. This stage must be selected before any stages are chosen for the set.
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then
loser may change characters
•Double Blind pick for the first game of a set may be called at any time
•Wobbling is banned

•Special Team Rules:
• Team Attack ON
• Life stealing allowed
• Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned

Other Rules & Special Issues

-- Controller modifications: removal of components/buttons and cosmetic changes are allowed. Turbo or programmed buttons or add-ons are not allowed.
-- Naughtiness such as throwing round robin matches may be grounds for disqualification.
--Being absent for your match for more than X minutes/calls will be grounds for forfeiture, where X is subject to time constraints and the TO's remaining patience.
--No stalling (making yourself unreachable by your opponent) or making matches unfinishable or other such evildoing.
--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.
--If there is a dispute for controller port, it will be settled by a ro-sham-bo. Rock paper scissors will determine who goes first.

This is probably going to be postponed until the next circuit.

ATTENDES:
Tomacawk
Ripple
Gambit
Oranos
Samurai
Kourck
Brandon
BlackPanther
Dart
Gooey
Anthony
Sean
Meneks
Kochiha
total=13

Last edited:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
george, get chicago and purdue to show up and you'll have a ride. And you'll have housing, too. I will house you, along with meneks.

Dart

Smash Lord
Dude where do i ****ing sign up?! Only problem is SMYM10 is Aug 1st...which is fall dude. i don't know if i can make it to two big tourneys in the same season :/ Ill do my ****ing best to make it. No johns

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I'm not sure what to do about the date. I'm gunna see what people want and then try to fit it in.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yes. Only to guarantee a turnout so out of staters will come. If I really need to put up 200 bucks, I'll do it.
Please tell me if you're planning to attend in your posts so I can edit my original post.

darkatma

Smash Hero
sounds interesting
I'd definitely go if st louis people can give me a ride. It's only 2 hours away as opposed to champaign, which is 4 hours

edit:
put a date on this and put melee in the title and you'll get more interest.

doubleedit:
man in norcal a 40 man tourney is considered pretty small. step it up midwest

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
First off, Josh, you make some of the most fail posts I've ever seen lol.

Second off, I'd be interested I just need a date and hopefully it's not near another tournament date like TTR or SMYM10 so it doesn't seem to my employer that I'm trying to get a ton of consecutive weeks off...

Dart

Smash Lord
First off, Josh, you make some of the most fail posts I've ever seen lol.

Second off, I'd be interested I just need a date and hopefully it's not near another tournament date like TTR or SMYM10 so it doesn't seem to my employer that I'm trying to get a ton of consecutive weeks off...
first of dave, i don't give a **** lol

second off, this is getting mad ****ing hype! im linking this at another site dammit

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Run Halo 2 + set this in mid-August and I'm in. Really.
I hope you're ready to be demolished at H2, and then again at H1. :)

IDK how to edit the thread title because I'm a noob.
by Monday I should know a date. MORE HYPE!
more details will be posted as I learn them.
Also, I will need somebody to help run this biotch.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
if you want this to be like 2 days, what do you plan on having besides dublays and singles? Crews? Low tiers? Tiny melee?

And I'm sure all of team iowa will help, and you should purposely not make top 8 so you can start commentating top 8 matches to show the midwest your commentating skills so your considered for smym 10 ;-)

Tomacawk

Smash Master
If I made it two days I was thinking it'd be friendlies/halo lan day 1, then actual tournament day 2 + crews (day 1 is totally optional, i mean the venue is free after all). Is anybody besides champaign opposed to having it a two day tournament?

And is a date really this crucial that it can't wait until tomorrow night? When I talk to blackpanther I'll have a guesstimate. 7/10 may not give people enough time to call off work, 7/17 is a day before blackpanther wants to have his tourny, and 7/24 is one week before smym10, which is why I have this dilemma.

Would anybody have a problem with doing it mid august?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Thank you very much kirkq, that was extremely useful.
So I'm down to the 17th, which is what BP was planning, a week before SMYM10 (very unlikely), or 8/14 or 8/15.
Please let me know what you guys want, anytime is convenient for me.
Also, PLEASE tell me how many you are bringing. I want this >40 people and like I said I'm willing to put up 200 bucks of my own money to the pot but I want to know how many I can expect to show up before I throw out so much of my $

Tomacawk

Smash Master
oh ok, that's cool too I guess. Thanks tom.
EDIT-
Bottom line, this has massive potential. It is extremely friendly to out of staters, and I am ENSURING the pot is big (enough). Tomorrow night I am going to do a big update, and will add the address, finalized date of the tourny, venue information, pix of the venue/video of the venue if you guys want, and will begin counting the possible attendees to begin planning.
If I can't get 40 people, I'm probably cancelling this. Also, if there are 40 people I'll be ensuring first place takes 300 dollars.
The entry fee is going to be 10 dollars for singles, 20 dollars per team for doubles.
If anybody has concerns/questions/suggestions, please inform me here.
So if 40 people exactly show up, 40 x 10=400 dollars for singles. I'm not sure how I will allocate the prize money, but first will take, as i've said, no less than 300 dollars home, leaving probably 70 dollars for 2nd and 30 dollars for third.
This is of course the LOWEST amount of money you guys are looking towards playing for, and I'll put in some of my own money even if first can take 300, just because I want to make this a bi/tri-yearly and I want to ensure out of staters it is worth coming to.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
u need to set the date later to get hype!! these things take time to build up! hurry up and pick a date. do it in early september, once we are back at school. then i can go cuz i will have a ride lool

Meneks

Smash Lord
this tourney has GREAT potential like seriously a whole entire floor and its a 2 day event...I mean seriously guys HYPE it up

Dart

Smash Lord
ok so im pretty much 99 percent positive i can make this on a weekend...UNLESS i have a soccer game on the Saturday *which is the day this will prolly be held on* ****

Kochiha Ichihara

Smash Apprentice
Very interested in this after musical obligations (and AoB) kept me from SMYM. And because I likes the sound of Melee and a little Halo. (Guilty pleasures are aptly named, in Halo's case.)
As for taking place in the fall, that would depend on where my college scheldule falls, but make it during a weekend and I'll be all over this, hopefully. (Any far-western Chicago suburban-types (think Naperville) have an open space in a car? Hm?)

Kochiha Ichihara

Smash Apprentice
I harbor no hard feelings towards AoB; in fact, my rejoining the boards has been less rocky than I thought. I mean, Trail's not even telling me off for no reason...

rhan

Smash Hero
I'll check this thread in about a month to see how popular this gets.

I'm interested.

Top Bottom