• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TKI: UK's First Brawl Tourney. May 24th. Sunderland. Confirmed.

Kone

Smash Master
Kone and GAwes present: The Kone Invitational.

This will be the fifth smash series tournament I have personally ran. So expect quality ;) . It will also be the first ever UK brawl tournament. Im expecting a good turnout, so please put the effort into making this. Tournaments are a great place to meet people and play like minded people. Don't miss it!

Contact Details

MSN - ceddon@hotmail.com

or by pm on smashboards, alternatively by mobile number on request.

Venue

To be confirmed. However, in rare situation there is not one found ( highly unlikely) my house shall be used.

Housing

Offered the Friday and Saturday night.

50 Rosedale Street
SR1 3RW

Travel

Train : To either Newcastle upon Tyne central station or Sunderland. If arriving at Newcastle take the METRO from Newcastle train station to 'UNIVERSITY' stop.

Plane : Fly into Newcastle International Airport and take METRO to 'UNIVERSITY' stop.

Coach: Take coach to either Newcastle then METRO to 'UNIVERSITY' stop OR coach to Sunderland and then walk to mine.

Walking from Sunderland coach station/University metro station : DIRECTIONS WILL BE UP NEARER TOURNAMENT DATE. BOTH TAKE VERY LITTLE TIME.

Tournament Details

Fees

Singles :£5
Doubles: £10 per team.
Hall cover (if not at my house): £5

Prizes

Singles/Doubles entrance pot split 70/20/10 for 1st/2nd/3rd.

Singles

• Round Robin pools -> Double Elimination Bracket
  • No Items
  • 3 Stock
  • 6 minute time limit
  • Matches best of three, Best of 5 in any finals.
  • No stage ban atm
  • Slob picks

Doubles

Same as above albeit double elimination only.
Team Attack ON

Stages

Random

• Smallville
  • Yoshis Story
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Pokemon Stadium 1
  • Lylat Cruise

Counter Pick

• Brinstar
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Castle Siege

Understandbly the above counter pick list is short. The following list is of potential stages to be used for counter picking. Please state whether you think they should be on. If enough people wish so, they wil be added to above list.

Potential Counter Picks

• Luigis Mansion
  • Great Sea
  • Norfair
  • Halberd
  • Onett
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Elektroplankton
  • Corneria
    • Skyworld

Setups

Please post if you are able to bring a wii + brawl. TVs will be fine, ive got plenty.

• Jam
  • Ed
  • Adam
  • Wes
    *Charles
    *Aiko

Housing Issues

Rules for this will be updated nearer the time. General be respectful :)

I decided to make a new thread for this as id accidently posted it under Wes name and the old thread had become stale. PLEASE LET ME KNOW OF YOUR INTEREST. I want to get a list of potential attendees. THIS IS IMPORTANT. As it allows me to decide whether I need a community hall.

Thankyou

ED

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Depends if Brawl is out in the UK

Kone

Smash Master
Q: what does may mean? you may come or that you dont like it being in may ;) ?

Who else is up for this? this is the real deal for new players. Howays!

NeuralScan

Smash Cadet
I'd love to go. I'll see if I can get some friends to come, too. I'm not amazing but I've never been to a tournament before, so this should be good! (even if I lose early)

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
Q: what does may mean? you may come or that you dont like it being in may ;) ?

Who else is up for this? this is the real deal for new players. Howays!
I just thought I'd make a non-committal comment in the thread, shouting the month seemed to be appropriate at the time.

Kone

Smash Master
Q: just get your *** here ! ;)

Neural : Brin your mates. First tourney so dont worry about how good you are/others are. Heck, you maybe no.1 atm, no one knows. Regardless you'll improve, get to know everyone and enjoy the tourney.

Kone

Smash Master
For those travelling from the south or london funfares are now available. Funfares are really really cheap tickets if you travel from london to any destination. Go to nationalexpress.com .

Suggestions :

Friday 23rd May ->

09:30 (DEPART) 16:40 (ARRVE) = £7 !!!
13:00 20:25 = £7
16:30 23:45 =£7

Sunday 25th May ->

07:15 14:40 = £1
08:35 16:10 = £7
14:25 21:40 = £7

SO, if your coming from london this will either cost you £14 return or £8 return. That is amazingly cheap. Yes, it takes a while, but heck its worth it for the price.

I know charles has booked the late coach on both days ;)

For those that aren't from london but want to travel cheap go through london eg

brighton -> london CHANGE london -> sunderland i.e. book TWO funfares. You can normally make it so that the change is of very little time.

If you book quickly then it'll stay at seven each way. When charles booked yesterday he got it for £2 return LOL.

London get on it! if youre all on the same coaches you wont feel the time ;)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
yesss though tbh, get a book/ DS/ magazine and your pretty much sorted. I have to travel from Liverpool to Southampton all the time which is a 4.5 hour journey. It seems like no time at all if you go about it the right way.

Ed- You can put me down for a setup unless having US brawl will be a problem. I don't think there's any major differences but it might need a certain TV as my TV only plays it in black and white cos it's an NTSC game. (I'm borrowing a t.v. atm)

Kone

Smash Master
Ben - Thanks and any setups atm will be accepted i.e. US, japanese or chipped. Ill be testing my TVs prior to the tournamnet to ensure all play ntsc :)

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm still interested in coming to this but it's very much up in the air right now. It's right in the middle of my final exams. However, I don't know my exact schedule yet and there's a possibility all my tests could be in the first half of the exam period. In which case I'd be done by the 22nd and could possibly make it to this. So, for now I'll just have to wait and see how things turn out.

Kone

Smash Master
Fair enough matt. I know the date isnt greant, its just the only weekend I have my house available for hosting. Hopefully if you can't make this I will have another tournament you can make in late summer =)

Box: Awesome =)

SLVR

Smash Cadet
i might drag myself to this. costs me more to get to this than the ******* londoners > no johns lads.

****ing londoners.

should be big turn out. new game. even playing field. my chance to shine. haha.

^_^

Kone

Smash Master
Dont post in here if your going to be negative. Brawl needs time to develop competitively. Im not going to throw in the towel anytime soon =)

VA

Smash Hero
brawl is mega fun, I would suggest practicing zelda one and all as there is no other way to beat a wario!

definately can't make this, unless I go to uffie the night before then get on a sleeper train at like 4 in the morning in brighton which teleports me to sunderland in like 6 hours times. Hmmm.....

Kone

Smash Master
Sounds like a plan robby. You know you have to make this man. Its u v adam for best snake in UK =x

Ill dress up as lucas lol

DevMBC

Smash Ace
go go matt !!
let us know about your exam timetables, would be too cool to have you guys back in the uk!

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Hey man, me and my friend would love to go, but we need to know a few things if thats alright?
what time approx. would the tournament start? we live around 3 hours away, so we need to check coach times etc.

I may also be able to bring my Wii+brawl if i can make it, hope i can!±

Kone

Smash Master
Yenith - Tournament will most likely begin at 12, starting with doubles. Then singles before 3. Whole thing ending 8/9. Expect a proper schedule up soon, however if you arrived by 12 you would be fine :)

Also, to yenith and all new players. At UK smash tourneys alot of people choose to turn up the night before (to meet people and get friendlies in) and leave the day after. Ill be putting everyone up in my place for both nights. Therefore, to save you guys travelling on the day your more than welcome to stay with everyone else at mine.

Housing fri or sat night =)

Yenith add me on msn ceddon@hotmail.com an welcome to the UK smash scene =)

Skalor

Smash Apprentice
Yenith - Tournament will most likely begin at 12, starting with doubles. Then singles before 3. Whole thing ending 8/9. Expect a proper schedule up soon, however if you arrived by 12 you would be fine :)

Also, to yenith and all new players. At UK smash tourneys alot of people choose to turn up the night before (to meet people and get friendlies in) and leave the day after. Ill be putting everyone up in my place for both nights. Therefore, to save you guys travelling on the day your more than welcome to stay with everyone else at mine.

Housing fri or sat night =)

Yenith add me on msn ceddon@hotmail.com an welcome to the UK smash scene =)
Hey Kone, im Yeniths irl mate. Ive also added you on MSN. I think we're both upto this aslong as we can get there lol! I think best option is Coach or Train, theres a chance my dad could take me but i doubt it.

In Sept ill be going to Tesside University, so hopefully I can become a regular on the Smash Scene up North! Check my Wolf Vids out in my sig if you wish.

I really hope we can make this!

Kone

Smash Master
Hey skalor. I think your best bet is coach. Itll take longer but much cheaper than train. As ive stated if you come up fri and leave sat night or sunday then travelling shouldbnt be a problem for yas!

also glas to hear youll be at teeside. Im hoping to get a newcastle/sunderland/middlesbrough scene going :)

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
Hm. I may well turn up to this. I'll speak to my brother/Amy/whoever else I can get interested. Not really bothered about travel time - I have a pillow and an iPod. Been playing alot of Lucario recently and would rather like to get in at the start of the scene, presuming theres going to be one =) Whats housing like? As in, any free soft spaces? Is it the same house you did the last tournament I came to at your end? Cos if so I can just ninja a sofa early and cling to it for dear life.

Oh, furthermore, I can bring a setup. Annnd I think Luigi's Mansion should be on counter. /nod

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Hey man, just thought id get back to you on this, as things stand at the moment, it all looks great, me and two friends,including Skalor should be on are way come May!

We will most likely be leaving from are town are around 1, taking a train from a local station, and thus get to yours for 5 or 6?, or earlier providing we don't get lost!:p So would staying at yours for that night be good? all we need is a bit of floor/sofa, and then we're all set:). Looking forward to this, should be great.

Top Bottom