• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tmnt

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Stop reading this and go see it. I mean right now. I don't care if it's three in the morning. Break into the theater and start the projector yourself.

Seriously.

No, I'm not kidding.

Go.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Stop reading this and go see it. I mean right now. I don't care if it's three in the morning. Break into the theater and start the projector yourself.

Seriously.

No, I'm not kidding.

Go.
Ewwwww.

I used to like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but then Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles used to be pretty good.

This movie looks horrible, just like the new show that's been going for a while now.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you

Seriously.

No, I'm not kidding.

Go.
i totally agree with it. i thought it wasn't gonna be that good 'cause it was animated, but MAN WAS IT GREAT!!! i'm gonna go see it again......

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I think my friends and I are going to see it. Not because we think it's going to be good, oh heck, no. We're all certain it'll be a disaster, but we HAVE to see it, nonetheless. It's TMNT, fool.

We have too much money. :(

0rion

Smash Journeyman

Seriously.

No, I'm not kidding.

Go.
It'$ that good huh? Well if McFoxy is impressed then I have to go $ee it. It must be off da chain if McFox put that much empha$i$ into this thread.

Raphael for the win baby!

Sandy

Smash Champion
After the defeat of their old arch nemesis, The Shredder, the Turtles have grown apart as a family. Struggling to keep them together, their rat sensei, Master Splinter, becomes worried when strange things begin to brew in New York City. Tech-industrialist Max Winters is amassing an army of ancient monsters to apparently take over the world. And only one super-ninja fighting team can stop them-those heroes in a half shell-Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael! With the help of old allies April O'Neil and Casey Jones, the Turtles are in for the fight of their lives as they once again must face the mysterious Foot Clan, who have put their own ninja skills behind Winters' endeavors.

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
I went with hesitation to see this movie (really, the only reason is because it was the Turtles). I was surprised to find that the movie was pretty good. A much darker film than I expected, though not as dark as I would like- my greatest desire is to see a TMNT film rated R. Despite a few kid moments, I give the movie high reccomendations if you're a fan of the Turtles. Too bad Mako won't be available for a sequel.

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Long time no see SmashBoards. I had to stop by just to spread the word on how awesome this movie turned out to be. Don't judge this movie on looks, go see it for yourself, the animation is awesome, the direction is excellent and the acting is really top of the line. Sure there is maybe one or two lines of dialog for the kids in there, but this is still an excellent movie. Go see it kids!

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
I have to say, I was actually pretty dissapointed.

While the action scenes were top-notch, the dialgoue was piss poor at best. Thank God the movie focuses on Raphael and Leonardo, because every line that came out of Michelangelo's mouth made me want to shoot myself in the face (though Donatelo's weren't that much better).

This series is still stuck in the bowels of Saturday Morning Cartoons, and that really needs to change for the franchise to make a comeback. Who knows, maybe the next one will be a little more adult orienated (and with the promise of Shredder coming back, you know I'll see it).

And you're all wrong. This is the best scene in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle history.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
the movie was for kids/family, so yeah, it was a little corny. the story was decent and new, but i wouldn't praise the movie for those things.. i wanted shredder, lol.

the animation, however, was where the movie truly shined. the fight scene between
raphael and leonardo
was awesome-ly done. the photorealism of the rain was really impressive, and the choreography was great for a lot of the action scenes. they could've been longer.. but hey, it's enough to please the kids.

it's a great movie if you watch it with "nostalgia goggles" like they described in the BRoom lol.

*omgzzzz :X pardon mez im givin out broom secrets oh noz!!1*

The Burrito of Time

Smash Journeyman
This movie is awesome. I saw it today. Better than I expected, being the Turtle fan that I am.

Cool fights and everything.

And a sequel? I hope so...

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I just saw this movie over the weekend. I didn't expect much, but I was wrong.

It was extremely good, quite dark, and there was a great dynamic between the characters. It had some serious themes, but it also definitely had a lot of humor that is meant for the adults/teenagers, not the kiddies. In conclusion, go see this movie now.

Top Bottom