• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To all full hop double fair marths.

takieddine

Smash Master
This isnt some major discovery, but it can be helpful.

I bascially realized that since marth's double jump (done really fast) is slightly lower than his full hop (much like ganon).

If you like to combo, or fair cam someone's shield, this will be a good tactic...why?

the first fair can be low enough to "sweep" someone on the ground, while also hitting someone in the air.

The second hit can hit the ground with barely any gap in between the two fairs.

All this means is basically you are less voneurable when using a double jump double fair.

jump, doublejump (as soon as you're airborne), >A, cstick >, l-cancel.

Enjoy.:laugh:

takieddine

Smash Master
sounds cool,, but if u get hitted u can be in troubles without ur second jump! :O
Well the deal is that it is relatively safe, because you'd be a little bit above, not like the SH double fair, where you are in grabbing range etc..., this is basically all the benefit of the speed of sh dfair but a little safer (i know its ironic since you dont have your second jump) because you're too far away.

soap

Smash Hero
YOU can brush tall characters on the ground with a full hop riser, people like marth and peach, you can even get fox if you are really quick. Also i like using triple fairs on shields, sh fair, double jump fair, falling fair.

also using the cstick for fairs on the way down is something i just started doing, i didnt realize how much faster it is to be able to fastfall first then fair. i dont really like using the cstick but it is really hard to fastfall then roll the the stick to do your move and space it out correctly with out it.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
sh double fair doesnt have u in the grabbing range if u use the c-stick and DI properly.

personally, i think using a double jump against an opponent without connecting the first fair is too risky.

fair comes out fast, but u can easily trade hits when its like that, and a marth's fair for someone else's quick aerial, is not a good trade at all.

for example, when ur doing it to falcon, he can jump out of his shield with rising uair, trade hits, u lose second jump, bad position.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Most people I know would just shield the first fair and jump out and sex kick you. I find it much safer do just do a SHDF so if they do jump out their shield I can fastfall and then shield myself.

demonsbane105

Smash Journeyman
its an alright combo. i only use it to greet someone falling towards me or anywhere in front of me. normally i would go with SHDF.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Short Hop Double Fair. I don't know if that's a real abrieviation, but people generally understand what you're talking about. It's kinda like the abrieviation SWD for Samus. It's a widely known technique and SHDF is so much shorter to type and say.

takieddine

Smash Master
what doesnt work?!

maybe i'll upload a video,

but if your double jump is higher than your first jump, you're probably doing it too slowly.. I can do it so that the two jumps take a fraction of the first jump's height, letting you keep pressure on a shield or be close so you can combo with the second fair.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
the problem is if someone elsd jumps out of shield and hits you between the the fairs you've lost your DJ. Which is very bad. repeatedly doing SHDfair can't stop someone from shield grabbing because there's enough time between the hits to react. There's still enough time in this case especially since then they only have to sh to hit you, as opposed to full jumping which takes enough time that you can repeatedly do full jump dfairs.

Top Bottom