• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To all md/va melee players

Lobos

Smash Master
Wow lololol
I just started playing melee today, like practice tech skill and stuff.
It'll probably take me a few weeks or a good month to get down all the basic tech skill to even be considered a good fight lmao.

So expect me to come to a smashfest in a few week's.

Also Phil remember that melee controller you let me borrow @ UGZ?
Your controller was really **** even though I used it for brawl and got 2nd with it. lmao
You selling it?
LOL It will take you a few months to even be considered a decent fight :awesome:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
uh we'll see about the melee sessions

but im definitely not training you alan. like lobos said it'll take months maybe even a year until you're even worthy of fighting a member of team arlington

/boats and hoes

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
You should seriously just come sometime regardless of the amount of techskill you have
We have dudes who are less experienced than me / Winston / ChivalJoe (and we are by no means that good) and playing with people can help you a lot ... even if all we can do (for now) is give pointers on like, how to work on tech skill / what to work on

Not that anything beats putting in the requisite hours of practicing in your room with the lights off haha

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Takeo..

College Park is prolly closest to you.. (me and boss used to play there all the time)
but now, I usually play melee with boss and bunch of other people in VA like every week (Sypher's in VA)

also Omni mad rusty in melee btw.. lol

edit: also.. whenever you know that you going to see me (at fest or w/e) if someone bring melee set-up, I would totally give you a great practice (Korn's time chamber for you lol.. :awesome: )

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
O if Omni isn't willing to train you I'll totally train you bwahahaha
Even though I suck and you probably don't want to play anything like my style

hova

Smash Champion
i'll train you Takeover

i'm amazing at teaching noobs in any game. once you get down the fundamentals i'm worthless as far as teaching

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
uh we'll see about the melee sessions

but im definitely not training you alan. like lobos said it'll take months maybe even a year until you're even worthy of fighting a member of team arlington

/boats and hoes
Da troooof.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Thank's everybody for there support.
Just makes it that much easier to transform my skills into a much harder game.
Thanks Wenbo, Hova, & Korn for willing to help me. Wenbo & Hova just pm me your #'s or aim me
I def. need Hova practice, after all pretty good in both games, a great teacher, and you live close to me. lol
Korn I'm going to bring a melee set-up whenever I come to stuff.

lmao @ Omni, you said a year? **** no.
The brawl community that knows me and thinks I'm taking this as a joke, I'M DEAD SERIOUS LOL
I'm going to be practicing my tech skill alot.
I plan on competing in a couple months.
For now just going to get help from playing in smashfests and read the melee boards for help.

Quick question: Should I mod my controller to make things easier or just learn the hard way?

hova

Smash Champion
modding your controller is actually illegal in melee... or at least it has always been a standard rule at all tourneys although no one checks for mods

Omni's right dude, you're not going to be a threat to anyone for awhile. although i've never seen someone start melee after playing Brawl competitively... should be interesting

most people new to melee are also completely new to Smash in general

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Thank's everybody for there support.
Just makes it that much easier to transform my skills into a much harder game.
Thanks Wenbo, Hova, & Korn for willing to help me. Wenbo & Hova just pm me your #'s or aim me @ Takeover1806 so I can hit you guys up for practice.
I def. need Hova practice, after all pretty good in both games, a great teacher, and you live close to me. lol
Korn I'm going to bring a melee set-up whenever I come to stuff.

lmao @ Omni, you said a year? **** no.
The brawl community that knows me and thinks I'm taking this as a joke, I'M DEAD SERIOUS LOL
I'm going to be practicing my tech skill alot.
I plan on competing in a couple months.
For now just going to get help from playing in smashfests and read the melee boards for help.

Quick question: Should I mod my controller to make things easier or just learn the hard way?
Melee doesn't work quite that fast hahahaha, people are much better than you think. <3

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
modding your controller is actually illegal in melee... or at least it has always been a standard rule at all tourneys although no one checks for mods

Omni's right dude, you're not going to be a threat to anyone for awhile. although i've never seen someone start melee after playing Brawl competitively... should be interesting

most people new to melee are also completely new to Smash in general
Wow completely did not know they were illegal in tournaments.
Thought modding them with help fox/falco/falcon mains maintain control of there character better. o_o

But yea should be interesting lol.
Also I'm one of the brawl players that's always watched tons of melee vids while I've been playing brawl competitively. IDK melee helped me establish mindgames in brawl lol. So I have an idea of how the game works.

@redd I know there are alot of melee vets that are still good. lol

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
All Fox/Falco/Falcon mains do is use their controller a bunch haha
The only character that really cares for a loose controller is Fox / maybe Falco anyways ... Falcon has less technical inputs and relies more on precision

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Falcon and Jiggs have the first and second highest horizontal aerial mobility in the game. I have every right!

Edit: If you ignore Mewtwo and Yoshi. :bee:

Vist

Smash Champion
Takeover you should come to UMBC on Wednesdays if you can. We have weekly fests with people that have a decent variety of skill levels, characters, and all that good stuff.

I'm always open to train anyone who's willing to learn or want any kind of advice btw. Even for people that are already good, I'm down to give my 2 cents for improvement especially with the not-so obvious stuff. I usually don't bother if someone doesn't ask or acts like they're too good to listen to advice tho

I was pretty awful for a good while once I came back from playing brawl a year or so ago and had to go through a ton of improvement to get where I'm at now. And where I'm at now is decent I guess but I still got a way to go. Actually, the same goes for a lot of md/va. A lot of us are or have been rusty as **** and getting around it is mostly just a matter of who you practice with and how lame your playstyle is lol

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Def. plan on playing with you soon vist.
I REALLY NEED LUIGI PRACTICE. lol

But seriously your **** and I alway's take great advice so hope to meet you soon.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
chillin and i play almost every day. you'd be welcome to come, if you can handle getting annihilated for hours at a time. depending on your experience takeover, we'd literally 4 stock you repeatedly.

but i mean, youd get better faster.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
chillin and i play almost every day. you'd be welcome to come, if you can handle getting annihilated for hours at a time. depending on your experience takeover, we'd literally 4 stock you repeatedly.

lol G-reg.
Your're right though, I'd get demolished. As long as I can get advice, I'm all good with getting *****. :)

G-reg pm me your number son?

Omni

BRoomer

yea this happened to me

fighting chillin's fox with sheik is so ****ing intense

skyheart

Smash Lord

best post in this thread so far. getting 4 stocked for hours is definitely the best way. then a couple days later play people who are on your lvl of skill you find that you **** them slightly harder. then repeat from step one and soon you'll just be ****** the guys who were once as good as you were.

Also you can come to my house and play anytime you'd like. I can help you practice as well and people sometimes come to my house to melee

Inui

Banned via Warnings

hmm, yup

I met M2K in January 2006, had him stay over my house a while in February, played him a lot, got fourstocked and demolished a lot

by the end of that summer I was ranked 3rd in my state, over long time players like Emblem Lord and WoZ, and I was only under Mew2King and Zang

lol

how to get better when you're somewhat new to something and are naturally smart = get ***** by top players and actually learn from your mistakes

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer

Like in Alexandria? I'll be at those over Thanksgiving. <3

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
best post in this thread so far. getting 4 stocked for hours is definitely the best way. then a couple days later play people who are on your lvl of skill you find that you **** them slightly harder. then repeat from step one and soon you'll just be ****** the guys who were once as good as you were.

Also you can come to my house and play anytime you'd like. I can help you practice as well and people sometimes come to my house to melee
you live in Bowie right?
wow alot of the melee community lives near me.:)

skyheart

Smash Lord
haha yea bowie. pm me and i'll give you the address so you can see how far i am from you. but yea basically i can set up a smashfest whenever

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
oh ho ho ho ho someones trying to jump in with the big boys now D: i wanna see how this plays out lets hope you can beat my mewtwo in a year :D

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
oh ho ho ho ho someones trying to jump in with the big boys now D: i wanna see how this plays out lets hope you can beat my mewtwo in a year :D
When I never play this game, got you down to two stocks.
Now I know what I'm doin, you'll get ***** lmao

more like by next month son.

yea Chivalruse he plays ssf4

Omni

BRoomer
$10 says Takeover gets his *** beat for 6 months+ straight.

Top Bottom