• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To clear things up

BlizzyWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlizzyWuff
PROF FTW
hypehypehypehypehypehype
Im sad he didnt win that set with Armada :c
(I dont have anything useful to say, but I am dying to see this MM xD )
Rolex: the more you speak trying to defend yourself the worse it gets for you lool I dont think you'll listen to people saying that, though

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
Going even with armada is nice, but i feel like its an unfavorable matchup for pit and i would have done the same or better if i faced armada at apex.
You reckon you would have just lost or beaten armada based on what? Considering tournament results are everything to you and he's never lost a Project M set and won every tournament set he's ever been to. I mean maybe if we were allowed to evaluate match vids and judge a player based on that...

Either way i didn't get the opportunity to face Armada and Prof came in 2/61 at one tournament. Still a long way to go to be classified as best snake.
What's a long way to go? Is him outplacing you at the next major enough? You do realise it costs about $700-800 plus expenses to travel to the USA.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Everyone telling Rolex to shut up: Bit hypocritical considering that Prof basically took five minutes post-BEAST just to call Rolex out? There's nothing wrong with this grudge match, just let it happen.

And if we're talking stakes, how about the right to name Snake's bread and butter combo? Stick -> Uthrow -> Uair -> C4. Now, Prof. just invented the far more hype Stick -> Throw offstage -> C4 -> Fair Meteor, which is the most pro of dunks, but you gotta stick to basics sometimes and Snakes' basic vertical combo is about as standard as it gets. How about it?

RolexPachinko

Smash Rookie
Everyone telling Rolex to shut up: Bit hypocritical considering that Prof basically took five minutes post-BEAST just to call Rolex out? There's nothing wrong with this grudge match, just let it happen.

And if we're talking stakes, how about the right to name Snake's bread and butter combo? Stick -> Uthrow -> Uair -> C4. Now, Prof. just invented the far more hype Stick -> Throw offstage -> C4 -> Fair Meteor, which is the most pro of dunks, but you gotta stick to basics sometimes and Snakes' basic vertical combo is about as standard as it gets. How about it?
Oh he did? i actually didnt see it if he did. On a serious note after watching those matches vs leffen and fuzzyness' fox it seems clear that fox is definitely an unfavorable matchup for snake. I struggle with it and it seems clear prof does some as well. If the fox knows the match-up and plays it correctly i think it is very very hard for the snake to win.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Oh he did? i actually didnt see it if he did. On a serious note after watching those matches vs leffen and fuzzyness' fox it seems clear that fox is definitely an unfavorable matchup for snake. I struggle with it and it seems clear prof does some as well. If the fox knows the match-up and plays it correctly i think it is very very hard for the snake to win.
He did. There was basically a Nikita fired ;)

Yeah, Fox wails on Snake and his poor approach too hard. Even so, Leffen probably hates Snake by this point, heh.

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Took the time to ask Leffen a question (via twitch chat) after Melee Doubles today:

Flashingfire: Leffen, who do you think is the best Snake in PM?
Lffn: rolex
Lffn: second at beast vs 4th at apex

TreK

Is "that guy"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwlGAN-P48
Here it is if you want to watch it

NiPPs

Smash Cadet
rolex never said he wanted to do it in apex 2015 thats what the general consensus from random players was so idk where pro got that from unless rolex posted that somewhere here a few pages back. rolex will be at w/e tourny pro is at when he comes to the US no need to worry ;)

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
Uthrow > Uair > Now only works at higher percents. Fthrow > Now > Spike can kill much sooner. I'd say both options are pretty bread/butter. Think of the first option as Fox's uthrow > uair while the second is like Falco's shine > spike.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
rolex never said he wanted to do it in apex 2015 thats what the general consensus from random players was so idk where pro got that from unless rolex posted that somewhere here a few pages back. rolex will be at w/e tourny pro is at when he comes to the US no need to worry ;)
I am definitely down for the $100MM. Still unsure whether or not ill be able to attend another Major that's not Apex 2015 at this time though.
Yes....a general consensus from random players...lol.
Wouldn't it help if you knew what you were saying before blindly/desperately defending him?
But yeah, you said he will be at the next event so I am ok with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwlGAN-P48&t=3m5s

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
i would have done the same or better if i faced armada at apex.
LMFAO HAHAHAHAH
100 dollar mm rolex vs armada?
if what you're saying is true thats a garaunteed 100 bucks. then you atleast won't have lost any money at the end of the day for being a salty, prideful insecure **** crying about not everyone sucking your **** as the best snake, eagerly calling out prof and refusing to back down even when you realize you're gonna lose

Last edited:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LMFAO HAHAHAHAH
100 dollar mm rolex vs armada?
if what you're saying is true thats a garaunteed 100 bucks. then you atleast won't have lost any money at the end of the day for being a salty, prideful insecure **** crying about not everyone sucking your **** as the best snake, eagerly calling out prof and refusing to back down when you realize you're gonna lose
LOL Yeah, I was a bit confused when he said that, I got Armada down to last game/last stock, so he's implying he would beat Armada.
@Armada vs @ RolexPachinko RolexPachinko $100MM??
Also :confused: at anyone who is saying 'Pit vs Snake is in Snake's favour' as if #1 they play that MU to confirm it's true and #2 it even matters against a player of Armada's level and this stage of the metagame.

Hulter

Smash Cadet
wow did swf just censor tw@t? lmao
My word. We've got a Euro adapted profanity filter on our hands. Or do we? I can't help but follow the urge to investigate. Sorry in advance.

I must say, mikeyboy, tw@ already has the "T" in it, you blithering pillock. @[at].

Cunnie, slag, hussy.

see, none of this is getting censored. Eurofilter disproven.

NiPPs

Smash Cadet
but prof only plays vs his scrubby friends right
so lets see here. prof struggled to beat leffen after he was thoroughly, absolutely demolished, and embarrassed the first set then went last stock last hit the second set game 5 where leffen should have won if he didnt sd and make technical mistakes which pro even said how much worse leffen played the second set. Also pro would have lost to someone half as good(fuzzyness) if we went fox the whole time. professor pros actual tough opponents faced in this 61 man tourny are the following........armada....leffen....and thats it.

Yes....a general consensus from random players...lol.
Wouldn't it help if you knew what you were saying before blindly/desperately defending him?
But yeah, you said he will be at the next event so I am ok with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwlGAN-P48&t=3m5s
i never saw the post and did not intend to go pages back to find something of such little relevance anyway. The only thing that matters is whenever you feel like coming to the next US major tourny which seems to be ktar or sktar or w.e the name of it is

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
so lets see here. prof struggled to beat leffen after he was thoroughly, absolutely demolished, and embarrassed the first set then went last stock last hit the second set game 5 where leffen should have won if he didnt sd and make technical mistakes which pro even said how much worse leffen played the second set. Also pro would have lost to someone half as good(fuzzyness) if we went fox the whole time. professor pros actual tough opponents faced in this 61 man tourny are the following........armada....leffen....and thats it.
Keep in mind that Fuzzyness trains with Pro fairly often, so he's much more comfortable with the matchup and the player. Plus it's pretty dismissive to not consider him an "actual tough opponent" when he got 33rd or something similar at EVO 2013 (I forget the precise number, but I think that's the lowest it could have been).

You're downplaying the importace of Pro's set against Armada as well. We're talking about a set that went to the last stock of game 5, featuring the absolute highest level of PM play in Europe, between two PM-specific characters with a rapidly developing metagame. Both players were whipping out stuff I'd never seen before, coming up with new combos, and adapting their strategies. Oh, and Pro was going up against someone who is considered by some to be the greatest smasher of all time (or at least the greatest Melee player of all time), who has yet to drop a set in PM to M2K, Leffen, or anyone else. The fact that Pro got THIS CLOSE to breaking Armada's record is pretty freaking impressive.

Now, Leffen. After losing to Rolex at Apex, it seems Leffen got himself quite a bit of matchup knowledge and adjusted his gameplan vs Pro, who subsequently lost in what I'll admit was a bit of an embarrassment compared to what I had been expecting. No johns, it was a 3-0 and it was rough to watch. But Pro adapted. He came back through loser's and made it to Loser's Finals, where he proved to be quite capable of stepping up his game in response to his earlier loss. It wasn't a reverse 3-0 or anything, but it was a win. Leffen should've won? Well, he didn't. Professor Pro did, and in my humble opinion, he finished things out with one of the greatest finishing combos of any game of smash ever.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Did Professor Pro ever play Armada in a recorded non-tournament MM or casual set? I seem to recall he was planning to, I don't care about the result I just want to see more gameplay

NiPPs

Smash Cadet
Keep in mind that Fuzzyness trains with Pro fairly often, so he's much more comfortable with the matchup and the player. Plus it's pretty dismissive to not consider him an "actual tough opponent" when he got 33rd or something similar at EVO 2013 (I forget the precise number, but I think that's the lowest it could have been).

You're downplaying the importace of Pro's set against Armada as well. We're talking about a set that went to the last stock of game 5, featuring the absolute highest level of PM play in Europe, between two PM-specific characters with a rapidly developing metagame. Both players were whipping out stuff I'd never seen before, coming up with new combos, and adapting their strategies. Oh, and Pro was going up against someone who is considered by some to be the greatest smasher of all time (or at least the greatest Melee player of all time), who has yet to drop a set in PM to M2K, Leffen, or anyone else. The fact that Pro got THIS CLOSE to breaking Armada's record is pretty freaking impressive.

Now, Leffen. After losing to Rolex at Apex, it seems Leffen got himself quite a bit of matchup knowledge and adjusted his gameplan vs Pro, who subsequently lost in what I'll admit was a bit of an embarrassment compared to what I had been expecting. No johns, it was a 3-0 and it was rough to watch. But Pro adapted. He came back through loser's and made it to Loser's Finals, where he proved to be quite capable of stepping up his game in response to his earlier loss. It wasn't a reverse 3-0 or anything, but it was a win. Leffen should've won? Well, he didn't. Professor Pro did, and in my humble opinion, he finished things out with one of the greatest finishing combos of any game of smash ever.

It was a very hype set and you make some good points unlike haggar lol. I'm not trying to undermine pros accomplishment as it was something pretty great but it didn't take much effort to get where he was is what I'm saying.

@above post
Inb4 armada pp vs Rolex and m2k 100 dollar mm >:)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
There's so much salt in the post lol, it's so obvious you wanted me to lose and you are salty that I didn't, I can also create hypothetical situations for me taking a set off of Armada in the last game, but I'm not....because I didn't.
Also if I was knocked out by Fuzzy and never got to play Leffen again, you're the type of person who would have said 'You would have never beat him, he already beat you 3-0 earlier on' so keep on holding onto that salt lol.

i never saw the post and did not intend to go pages back to find something of such little relevance anyway. The only thing that matters is whenever you feel like coming to the next US major tourny which seems to be ktar or sktar or w.e the name of it is
LOL I know you didn't intend to go back which is the funny part, because it shows you will just defend anything said about Rolex despite whether you actually know if it's true or not...you must realize how hard you are licking his bum right lol? I mean you can't not realize it.

Also it's not whenever I 'FEEL' like coming to the next US event, it's whether I can...big difference, but yes, I'm trying to work stuff out to make the next big event.

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
There's so much salt in the post lol, it's so obvious you wanted me to lose and you are salty that I didn't, I can also create hypothetical situations for me taking a set off of Armada in the last game, but I'm not....because I didn't.
Also if I was knocked out by Fuzzy and never got to play Leffen again, you're the type of person who would have said 'You would have never beat him, he already beat you 3-0 earlier on' so keep on holding onto that salt lol.

LOL I know you didn't intend to go back which is the funny part, because it shows you will just defend anything said about Rolex despite whether you actually know if it's true or not...you must realize how hard you are licking his bum right lol? I mean you can't not realize it.

Also it's not whenever I 'FEEL' like coming to the next US event, it's whether I can...big difference, but yes, I'm trying to work stuff out to make the next big event.

yo **** the haters and keep doin you man fun watching your snake epic fair set ups

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
Professor Pro: Great job at BEAST man, you are an inspiration! Learn so much every time I see you play.

This is a bit off topic but can people elaborate on why they think Pit beats Snake? I feel Snake is at a disadvantage to a keep away game and Pit can do that really well on most stages..

NiPPs

Smash Cadet

i have ZERO salt from this lmao. no idea what you're talking about here just putting words in my mouth. what do i have to gain from watching my cousin rolex beat your sorry ass? this isnt about me so why dont you direct your threats where it matters and talk **** to rolex not me. I didnt want you to lose in the slightest actually. didnt even expect leffen to take a game off of you based on your bold acclamation's you made about yourself especially after you made fun of rolex for dropping a set to leffen back in the day. i am nowhere near the type of person to say "you would have never beaten him blah blah blah 3-0d already blah blah blah" sure i defend rolex but take a gander at your butt buddies who only show up when you do like haggar and dash lol....i look forward to when you come to the US so the match can finally happen and watching two of the best players create probably the hypest match yet for pm only outclassed by grand finals at apex :D. gonna be hype and should obviously draw such a crowd to the match/

@ Alpha Dash Alpha Dash and @ MikeHaggarTHAKJB MikeHaggarTHAKJB for cutest couple 2014

Heartstring

Smash Legend
you should come too since your one of the few people who actually know how to run a tourny >:)
Thanks very much!
As much as I want to toot my own horn (toot toot),It's easier to run a tournament in america when you have a clear microphone, a recognisable accent and have the brackets already done for you. as opposed to having to make them all yourself.

Oh trust me, We're working on it.

Miko

Smash Cadet
i look forward to when you come to the US so the match can finally happen and watching two of the best players create probably the hypest match yet for pm only outclassed by grand finals at apex :D
I agree with the sentiment, the highest level of Snake ditto is no doubt going to be immensely hype, but if I'm perfectly honest the Grand Finals of BEAST4 were, for me at least, more hype than the Grand Finals of APEX2014.

That's not putting down M2K at all he is literally one of my favorite smash players and that set was hype but he wasn't playing as well as he should have been, you could see it in Melee too, he seriously needs to drop Brawl :( but that's off-topic. You might think that my opinion is biased but it's honestly not; I watched both live on stream, and even if I am from the UK that's not why I enjoy watching Prof play, the same way my not being from the US affects how much I enjoy watching M2K play naught. Everything about that set with Prof and Armada is more hype than I can describe, and in my perfectly honest opinion it is the best Project M set that I have witnessed to this day.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
So down for that. America v/s Europe doubles? Hype.

Edit: Tell Rolex to use his MK or Prof to use his secondary, tho. Same character on two teams is weeeird.

(You can tell I watch Melee doubles all the time. Not.)

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Real talk is this not true for literally every character lmao

Top Bottom