• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

to those who dont mind 3rd party characters.........

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
your always welcome here.........

swho should/might/must be in the game:
1.sonic
2.snake (probably already in there for good)
3. megaman

i have my reasons, which i will not post, if you have a suggestion for a third party character, please also post your reason why you think he/she/it should be in the game. k?

p.s. dont post any sh*t about who you dont wanna see in this new and upcoming game, please do your self a favor and follow the rules... :ohwell:

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
Sonic (Sega: Sonic the Hedgehog) [with Super Sonic and Shadow alternate colors]
Knuckles (Sega: Sonic & Knuckles)
Pac-Man (Namco: Pac-Man) [with Ms. Pac-Man and Pac-Man Jr. alternate costumes]
Simon Belmont (Konami: Castlevania)
Bonk (Hudson: Bonk’s Adventure) [this will boost attention for the Virtual Console]
Megaman (Capcom: Megaman)
Protoman (Capcom: Megaman 3)

Sonic: must-have Mario vs. Sonic. it's *the* classic battle of the ages.

Knuckles: he's cool. add him in if sonic needs a companion.

Pac-Man: the grand-daddy of video game mascots needs to be represented. made a guest appearance in Mario Kart. none of us would be here today if it weren't for Pac-Man.

Simon Belmont & Megaman: two classic characters that were born on the NES and helped make Nintendo the household name that it is today. they were once synonimous with Nintendo, and they stood side-by-side with Mario on the NES. they deserve to be in the greatest Nintendo fighter of all time. also completes the "Captain N Experience."

Protoman: he's cool. add him in if Megaman needs a companion. easy clone.

Bonk: something a little unorthodox. Bonk is cool, and a fun game. adding him in would boost attention to the Turbografix-16 aspect of the Virtual Console and perhaps revive a lost franchise. good for Hudson, and good for Nintendo.

MarthHasASword

Smash Apprentice
Meh. I actually would like to see pacman in there, he would be a nice addition to the game, a variety of characters should be added into SSBB.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
pac-man owns. i would main him in a second. like i said, the mascot of all mascots needs to be in the ultimate mascot fighter.

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
Pacman would be awesome. His moveset might be a bit limited, but he'd still be a cool character.

For me, Frog (Chrono Trigger) and Megaman would be awesome.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Im all for 3rd party.... ok, here we go

Sonic and Tails (Duo like ICs)
Knuckles
Megaman
Gomon (From Gomon: The Mystical Ninja)
Will (From Illusion of Gaia, with ability to transform into Dark Friar and Shadow)
Crono
Geno (yes, they are Nintendo, but also half Square)
Mallow (^)
Glover (Master Hand anyone?)
Bombman (with different bombs)
Max (Bomberman Companion)
Regulus (From Bomberman 64 and Bomberman 64 2: the 2nd Attack)

I cant think of many more... but these stuck out in my mind. Id would LOVE....LOVE.... to see Will in SSBB. For those of you who have played Illusion of Gaia for the SNES, you all have to agree and back me up as to why to include him.

WanderingAngel

Smash Journeyman
althou i think Megaman doesnt have too many chances of appearing in this game since he was Marvel vs capcom he would be awesome and protoman too of course they would have to be the battle network version to make it different from MvsC bass would look nice there too or zero... i have my doubts about pacman but if the managed to make mr. game and watch to fit in y not put in another classic... i love knuckles he and shadow r my favorite characters from sonic games but if i have to chose ill say sonic and shadow no tails yeah sonic and tails r original team but it would be better to see rivalry in there sonic vs shadow more sonic characters would be to overwhelming... this is not a third party character but would be nice to see him to star wolf from fox i think thats his name not sure im not a fox game lover but he looks cool... also just thinking here sora and mickey from Kingdom Hearts 2 this might be an imposible since its from disney but anyone who have played KHII knows that when u get to use mickey he rocks... thats all i cant think of anyone else... :laugh:

psyt

Smash Journeyman
pah...pah...pac...man...? that would be.. terrible in my oppinion... wahts he ganna do.. turn u into a flashin ghost and eat you ... i sure as hell hope not )_)

this isnt supost to be character hating... character constructive criticism?

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
psyt said:
pah...pah...pac...man...? that would be.. terrible in my oppinion... wahts he ganna do.. turn u into a flashin ghost and eat you ... i sure as hell hope not )_)

this isnt supost to be character hating... character constructive criticism?

well, even so. if indeed it must be constructive critisism, then atleast make it sound less, i dont know, nicer? as in, dont be a simon cowell (what ever his last name is...) ya dig what im sayin' bruthah?

MetalGearLink

Smash Apprentice
yes, I'd lile soke third party characters, as long as they are leyends to te VG industry, and by leyends I'm not refering to old skool, but to characters that had an inportan position in the VG worl like snake, however i prefer only 1 third party character per license, for example, only sonic for now , not all the sonic team, thay way nintendo characters have priority

well I don't mind revolver ocelot in there :D

Impp

Smash Ace
Cloud wasn't mentioned in this thread. He's iconic in Video Games. FF VII is what modern day RPG's are compared to. That's just me. I prefer video game icons over those that have Nintendo afilliation. Everyone's pulling more for Crono, but... eh, he's semi obscure now I think, with a Cult following. I wouldn't mind him in it, just don't think it's likely. I guess during the SNES days,
I liked Secret of Mana better. Slim chance any SoM guys will be in the game, though.

And The Ninja from MGS and MGS2. Snakes in it, so he's gotta good chance. He's too cool not to be in it. I could see him being another Sheik, though. He's too cool not to put in.

The only reason I would like to see Pacman in the game is so you can K.O him, and hear that Pacman death noise. Wah wah wah. They could make a move set. Chomp Chomp Chomp Dropkick (what!) Chomp
They gave him legs and arms in the newer games, which opens up possibilities.

Well, Bomberman of course. He can throw bombs and... eh... he's gotta dome for headbutting.

Crash Bandicoot, I played a demo once, never was fan (is anyone?) I guess he's kind of popular, and ugly and lame. I'd still like him in the game, because he's recognizable and third party to the max.

Joanna Dark. Started off as Nintendo. I thought she was all Nintendo for a while. The cloaking device and proximity mine in Smash seems from Perfect Dark. Smash could use another Woman.

A tetris piece- Could fling little blocks at you. This is a stretch. They could be creative. Definitely an iconic game though. Maybe a tetris stage.

The newer characters guys seem lame. Jak and Dexter, Banjo Kazooie, and all them. I never got into them.

If they have Sonic, he should bring someone along. I prefer Knuckles over Tails. Tails is my favorite, but Knuckles is more popular, and would fit well into the game.

Shadow Ganon

Smash Cadet
third party characters i'd like to see in brawl. Hmm lets see. i'd liek to see most of the sonic characters and maybe some other MGS characters but i;m not a big MGS fan. I like Sonic more than MGS. Sonic, Knuckles, Tails Shadow could be in this game. I doubt megaman since hes already in marvel vs capcom. and even thought i'm a big Final Fantasy fan, i doubt we'll see any of them in this game. I'm hoping for sonic characters.

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've wanted Bomberman since the first SSB.

Pac-Man would be... interesting. I don't want to see the laaame Pac-Man 3D character, though. It would have to be the old school one. The problem is I just can't imagine him with moves. A special Pac-Man stage would be AWESOME even if he wasn't in the game. It could be a maze of platforms. It would sort of look like a break the targets level. The ghosts could be obstacles.

blinks

Smash Rookie
Impp said:
A tetris piece- Could fling little blocks at you. This is a stretch. They could be creative. Definitely an iconic game though. Maybe a tetris stage.
A Tetris stage would rock - someone is playing Tetris (with the appropriate music), dropping blocks into place on-screen. Have all the normal game mechanics (completing a row makes it disappear, etc.), and it would be loads better than the Poke-float stage from Melee.

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
As much as I know it'd never happen, I'd love to see Dante from the Devil May Cry series in Smash. He has a ton of moves to choose from, all of them awesome. Banjo-Kazooie would be nice too; also a ton of moves to choose from, splitting up being one of them.

Pac-Man...Bomberman...Megaman...I stopped caring. If they can find moves for them, whatever.

Crash could work. Sonic and Tails (Tails rather than Knuckles cause he's been around longer) could really work.

Geno. Hell yeah.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
Im not here to flame 3rd parties, i just want to say that the hate for third partiesComes from Super Smash Brothers being a Nintendo all star game. It was suppose to be Nintendo inclusive, and with teh additions of third party characters, it seems as though the feel of Nintendo brotherhood is dwindling. Were we to add a lot of 3rd party characters, or even ALL vide ogame mascots, the game might as well be Super Smash People, because they would no longer be brothers. Super Smash/Melee was in a way the accumulation of everything Nintendo, which becomes very apparent in their trophies, from which almost everything Nintendo appeared. It was a grand Ultimate Nintendo game, something that Sony, or Microsoft could never have, because no other video game company is so closely knit as Nintendo. Now that feeling has been dejected, and it is becoming more of a video game fighter, not nintendo fighter.

The addition of third party characters will not ruin the game, and not take away from the gameplay, but that Nintendo feeling is no longer completely there.

Impp

Smash Ace
Asianpride, that was the most compelling Anti-third party argument. Very well said. That Nintendo archive thing, with the trophies and everything, and the collection room with all the systems, was cool. That will be harder to pull off with third party characters.

However, the reason I want third party character is because the game would be completely ground breaking, much like the first Smash Bros. was. It'd knock barriers down. The nostalgic Nintendo feeling will be somewhat lost, but a new feeling will be created.. Yes, It'd no longer be a Nintendo fighter, but instead it'd become an all encompassing video game fighter, and a great one at that. And I'm sure the Nintendo part of the game will far outweigh any third party, and the trophy archive will be even more expansive.

phatJacob07

Smash Cadet
The only way I'd let Namco live with Pac-man in this game would be if here were his 2d, eyeless/limbless/characterless self.

Wesley Wicked

Smash Apprentice
oh heck yeah!! i almost forgot about bomberman 64, Regulus and Orion all the way!!

also i dont think many will agree with me here but Emerl (the brownish robot thing) from sonic battle for gba, he would be so crazy cool if he were in that game :laugh:

anonymous_joe

Smash Apprentice
i want zool from gremlin graphics, many of you are probably not familiar with zool, "Zool is "a ninja from the nth dimension" who is forced to land on Earth. In order to gain ninja ranking he has to pass seven lands."-wikipedia his game was on the SNES and gameboy and since gremlin graphics closed i think it will be relativly easy for nintendo to get the rights

Shadow Ganon

Smash Cadet
I forgot about bomberman too. He would be awsome in this game attacking with a variety of bombs. Pacman, uh, i dont knopw how a pacman character would play in this game. And as for tetris yes a stage would be cool but a tetris piece as a character. i dont think so.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Well since nobody has mentioned it, and all the delicious favorites have been covered so far:

Sephiroth for 2007 - "It's never too late to break the game, then patch it."

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
asianpride, very touching.... *claps*, but really, the feeling being lost? in what way? the great "nintendo feeling" will still be there, but not as you would recognize it, nothings permanent remember? the feeling will just change, it'll still be there. trust me. and besides that feeling will b eeven better, because mario will have more opponents to beat up, get my drift?

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
3rd-party character entrants is something that I believe was inevitable, especially considering that "Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima 'practically begged' for Snake to be included in the next Smash Bros. game." I'm for it as long as Nintendo chooses wisely which characters to let into the circle of the Smash veterans. By "wisely" I mean really really spend a lot of time to research all angles of a character before considering letting them in the game.

Now, onward to my suggestions for 3rd-party characters:

Pac-Man in his original 1980's form should definately be an entrant for a 3rd party character - after all, we already got Mr. Game & Watch, so another old-school icon from the past is appropriate.

The Red Mage from Final Fantasy. He could use black (offensive) and grey (effect) spells on the battlefield as well as melee attack (fairly weak attack strength) if he needs to get up close and personal. Some spell samples: BLACK: STUN: deals % damage and, for 2 or 3 seconds, makes the attacked character dizzy; GREY: SLOW: Halves the speed (animation) of the effected character. How a character would be chosen for a spell attack would be similar to Zelda's "Din's Fire" move except that once the spell reaches the target it's effects occur immediately.

Bomberman is near the top of my list as well. Some melee attacks, but mostly would rely on a variety of bombs to attack his opponents (remote detonations, timed bombs, kicking his bombs (and other items maybe?) towards his opponents).

Lastly, Simon Belmont from Castlevania. Seriously, he is #1 on my list of 3rd-party characters because he is just so friggen awesome with his whip! His whip can be magically infused, providing different kinds of whip attacks for Belmont (flame whip for massive damage, vine whip for extending his grabbing capability, for some examples). Belmont's whip, by default, wouldn't be that powerful since he'd use it as much as Marth or Link use their swords (and because it's simply a whip, so it would have a much greater range than a sword), but the different spells that could be cast upon it would determine how the player would use him.

kaid

Smash Master
Banjo-Kazooie, from Rare.

Microsoft has no handheld, and Rare's continuing involvement in Diddy King Racing DS and the Microsoft repersentitve's comment at E3 that people should get both Wii and 360 lead me to believe Mr. Gates would be willing to let this slide by. Plus the characters fit just as well as Sonic does.

hue_jass

Smash Cadet
as far as third party goes I would like to see some classic neo geo characters. IIRC it's Bob the dinosaur that stared in the bubble bobble and bust a move games. I think he has that classic 16 bit feel and was in both a platformer on the NES and a plethora of puzzle games for the neo geo. might be able to make him another double char like the ice climbers with his identical twin (bub?) It's really far out but the other big and nostalgic neo geo franchise is metal slug and it would be fun to have one of their characters complete with gun and grenades. the various slug vehicles and such would make interesting items (but this is pretty far out.

I'm also interested to see what third party items will come into play, if they have snake they will probably have some MGS items, active camo is already in there along with the equivalent of claymore mines. I could see rations being another food item. I would definately like to see the box somehow incorporated and that would definately add to the humours aspect of smash. The power pill from pac man could give similar hammer like abilities. Perhaps some sonic power ups will make it in there.

bomberman is definately my safe bet he's long over due in the game, although he's sorta a spammer...

pacman could make it in no problem and for those who think he doesn't have a move set. C falcon never appeared outside of the cockpit before smash and they gave him the f. Punch and kick not to mention a whole feeling no problem. I could easily forsee a pacman swallow and some sort of rolling attacks along with other classic pac man instances think it would be even more interesting if he had no arms or legs..

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
if sonic were let on in,an item would be rings, they work the same way they do in the sonic games, cool?.

and, ahem:
DO NOT POST about which characters you dont want in the game, i already typed that down on the rules page, k?
and incase you missed it, its the first page, first post. ok? and if i see any thing that breaks this rule, well.... lets just see what'll happen................

Black_Angel1

Smash Cadet
kilroy said:
Sonic (Sega: Sonic the Hedgehog) [with Super Sonic and Shadow alternate colors]
Pac-Man: the grand-daddy of video game mascots needs to be represented. made a guest appearance in Mario Kart. none of us would be here today if it weren't for Pac-Man.
**** ****ing straight

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
uh.... wah? im all for sega and namco and possibly others, but wha?
btw, i dont think the sonic with super/ shadow colors would work,
it may look kewl, but really, sonic would need to change animations that way, take too much space, nintendo probably wont do that.... but meh, why not ? ; )

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
smash~bomber said:
uh.... wah? im all for sega and namco and possibly others, but wha?
btw, i dont think the sonic with super/ shadow colors would work,
it may look kewl, but really, sonic would need to change animations that way, take too much space, nintendo probably wont do that.... but meh, why not ? ; )

why wouldn't it work? oh, i guess you mean, like for shadow's glide versus running, and that kind of thing?

i'm really just suggesting colors as a sort of nod to these characters. really nothing more than a yellow sonic and a black and red sonic, to sort of simulate these characters without giving them an actual char slot. it would make me more than happy without infesting the game with 3 different hedgehogs. ;)

oh, and i think BA1 was just vehemently agreeing with my sentiment about the historical importance of pac-man. =)

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
kilroy said:
why wouldn't it work? oh, i guess you mean, like for shadow's glide versus running, and that kind of thing?

i'm really just suggesting colors as a sort of nod to these characters. really nothing more than a yellow sonic and a black and red sonic, to sort of simulate these characters without giving them an actual char slot. it would make me more than happy without infesting the game with 3 different hedgehogs. ;)

oh, and i think BA1 was just vehemently agreeing with my sentiment about the historical importance of pac-man. =)

ah..........hah..........i......see..........
but yeah, thats what im saying, if he changes to s.sonic, hed be flying/ floating above the ground, shadow, he'd slide across, his spikes would have to be animated upwards. thus taking too much space, however, i think your idea rawx.............., just sayin' :)

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
smash~bomber said:
ah..........hah..........i......see..........
but yeah, thats what im saying, if he changes to s.sonic, hed be flying/ floating above the ground, shadow, he'd slide across, his spikes would have to be animated upwards. thus taking too much space, however, i think your idea rawx.............., just sayin' :)

i can dig it. :) i was always glad they gave peach a daisy color, which is in the same vein as this idea.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
well, in that case, they should make samus have all her additional suit costumes, kewl?

you know, like if you want to change color like you normally would in ssbm, youll be able to see like, say. the phazon suit (complete with energy lines and transparent shielding thingy covering her) and the light suit (from mp2:e) get my drift? :)

any way this is getting toooooo off topic (maybe not sooo much but, meh)
anyway back on topic please.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
smash~bomber said:
well, in that case, they should make samus have all her additional suit costumes, kewl?

you know, like if you want to change color like you normally would in ssbm, youll be able to see like, say. the phazon suit (complete with energy lines and transparent shielding thingy covering her) and the light suit (from mp2:e) get my drift? :)

any way this is getting toooooo off topic (maybe not sooo much but, meh)
anyway back on topic please.

ok. if i may, i'd just like to say that i definately agree with that samus idea. normal, light suit, phazon suit, and dark suit.

i do think fusion suit should be a different character, tho. a clone is fine. lighter, faster, and with ice missles.

ok, that's all. :)

Top Bottom