• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To those who say characters are "Broken"

Beagle007

Smash Apprentice
Toon Link can fight snake and stand a chance :D! However metaknight is broken, I can't tell you how many timmes people on GB will pull out meta and d-mash their way to victory XD

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
Snake's "brokeness" is evened out by his learning curve IMO. He's actually pretty difficult to use. MK really isn't that difficult to use, so IMO, hes the most broken

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
tiers DO NOT MATTER.... Meta Knight is beatable, deal with it. Playing a Snake? Counterpick! Not unbeatable... I've beaten several Meta Knights and Snakes with Link. Link vs. Snake always turns out to be a fun projectile match, and its fun to piss Meta Knight's off when the only thing they can touch is my bombs... I've had my share of losses against these characters, but my share of wins too. THEY ARE BOTH BEATABLE!

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Honestly, I don't think Metaknight should be banned because he's broken, I think he should be banned because his competitive-level-of-play playstyle is friggen ********.

Why do you think so many sports have an offside rule? It's because sitting beside your opponents net waiting for a free shot is a good tactic that is insanely lame. That's it. It's beatable, it's not broken, it's just really, really stupid. So everyone got together and said "Y'know what? Eff that shi'."

That's why I think he should be banned. Nobody wants to see Tornado>Tornado>Tornado>Spotdodge>Spotdodge>Dsmash>Dsmash>Dsmash for ten minutes. It's a drain on the game.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
tiers DO NOT MATTER.... Meta Knight is beatable, deal with it. Playing a Snake? Counterpick! Not unbeatable... I've beaten several Meta Knights and Snakes with Link. Link vs. Snake always turns out to be a fun projectile match, and its fun to piss Meta Knight's off when the only thing they can touch is my bombs... I've had my share of losses against these characters, but my share of wins too. THEY ARE BOTH BEATABLE!
MK ***** Link. Your MK opponent was horrid.

kk bai.

Veril

Frame Savant
in street fighter, the word broken was only used to describe one character, that was banned from tournament play because he was, in fact, unbeatable.
Um, this is not street fighter and regardless I don't believe that sh** for a second. If that was true, gamers would be unified in their lexicon, and never "misuse" broken at all. Slang is dynamic; b****ing is constant. That definition wastes a good word (for b****ing). If I wanted to say "game-breaking"... I would say game-breaking. Broken is a great pejorative term for unfairly good. I can even add adverbs! Usually profanity...

The fact that lots of people (mis)use "broken" this way vindicates its (mis)use (slang, remember?). Gamer dogma provides no actual incentive to do otherwise (unless the person cares, which they shouldn't). I don't like street fighter, didn't play it, so I've never was exposed to the true meaning of broken. I think I will stick to the version you dislike.

And people can complain as much as they want as long as it isn't right before, during, or after a non-friendlies match. No Johns... ever? F that. B****ing is an integral part of gaming, up there with opposable thumbs. And all the *****ing in the world won't make Snake any less... broken. I just b****ed about your b****ing about the b****ing of others. Unfortunately I will have to miss the counter-*****ing (flames). :p

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Snake counters MK, G&W counters MK, from what I've heard Charizard counters MK, and Bowser stands a chance against him.

BTW, MK isn't even close to unbeatable, lol.

Jackal478

Smash Ace
When people say broken they basically mean a significantly better character(any other time theyre a sore loser).

Sadly. Most people who say that play High Tiers also...

TheX0913

Smash Apprentice
Jersey City, New Jersey; Cornell at Ithaca, New Yo
give it three months and one of three things will happen:

1: a glitch similar to wavedashing will be discovered and exploited to hell and back, completly changing the criteria for good and bad characters, shuffleing the tier list (who knows, even bowser might make god tier given the werdest game breaking "advanced technique" imaginable)
No new technique will be found. Period. Its been too long and nothing has been discovered. It will never be discovered because other gaming communities find the techs and everything for the said video game in three months. We haven't found anything at all.

Onxy

Smash Lord
I love how people say that you just have to exploit weaknesses of a character like MK, when he clearly has none.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
I love how people say that you just have to exploit weaknesses of a character like MK, when he clearly has none.
...actually, he does have weaknesses, for example, you can knock him out of his B attack from above, just go do some research, you'll find out some, even only a few, use those to there fullest!(cause Metaknight won't have alot of weaknesses).

Royale

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight has no projectile attacks and needs to be at a close range to attack. There are ways of countering him, depends on the character of choice and the guy whose calling the shots, namely the player.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Snake is broken, lots of characters can easily avoid his nikita and claymore attack, and since grenades and C4 are not that easy to use it would be difficult even for a pro Snake to deal with some other characters.
Snake has a great recovery and some deadly attacks, though. This makes Snake an excellent character, not a broken one.
You show me people using the nikita often

Hell, I can tell you Bowser has the capability to smack Snake around on a smaller-than-FD stage. Yoshi's Story ftw.

Onxy

Smash Lord
...actually, he does have weaknesses, for example, you can knock him out of his B attack from above, just go do some research, you'll find out some, even only a few, use those to there fullest!(cause Metaknight won't have alot of weaknesses).
That is not a weakness.

Top Bottom