• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I have seen those exact points from a user on this site before. Either that user subscibes to another forum or someone on that forum has stolen ideas without giving credit. Jerks.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
That was by Yoshi_Lord, who I know is at Gamespot. His Q/A part is kinda like my Point/Counter Point part, but his seems to be superior.
Yeah, I think he pretty much covered all the pros of Toad. Honestly, there's no reason he shouldn't be in the game, now it's all up to Sakurai to make our dreams come true! :chuckle:

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Grats on debater Uncle Kenny!!!!!!

Is there a thread with descriptions of all these special ranks anywhere?

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
dotdotdot I love you and congrats on broom status
Danke shein mine liebling. (sic) Merely one step on my never ending quest for Subjugation and conquest of the Intertubes.

Where the hell is my love? Alright, I see how it is. Debaters don't count for jack anymore...
And you too Uncle Kenny. I just know if I hit the Debate hall I'd make a ridiculous *** out of myself before the end of the first week.

Also, I think that that hugantic quote from Gamewinners is cool. The moves are a little tenuous, but then again, I have quite specific ideas as to what Toad's moves should be.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
And you too Uncle Kenny. I just know if I hit the Debate hall I'd make a ridiculous *** out of myself before the end of the first week.
I have no clue what is implied in this statement. If it was a congrats then thanks, if it was a neutral statement then whatever, but if it was an insult...

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
It seems to me that Toad is at least under very heavy consideration. At least that's what I took away from the babelfish translation of a japanese messageboard. I wish they'd open up more with Brawl information. I need to know if my little guy made it in.
Translators cannot always be trusted says the guy who brought up the translator in the first place. What we need is somebody who can read Japanese who can translate it firsthand.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have no clue what is implied in this statement. If it was a congrats then thanks, if it was a neutral statement then whatever, but if it was an insult...

See why I'd make a crappy debater? I couldn't even get across the point that you are a personal hero of mine, one of the good ones, as it were.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I bear no ill will towards you dotdotdot. You are one of the cooler Broomers I know. In any case, I still think Toad's super should be The Master's transformation in stage 3.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I bear no ill will towards you dotdotdot. You are one of the cooler Broomers I know. In any case, I still think Toad's super should be The Master's transformation in stage 3.
Right back atcha. And nice use of classic movie gifs.

also, I have a feeling that unless you're talking about Manos: The Hands of Fate, I'm not quite sure what transformation happens on which stage 3. sorry.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
The Master always was a vague character...

Allow me to explain. He appeared in Paper Mario 1 as a secret boss and ran his own dojo much like Jinx from SMRPG. He was a toad and the last time you fight him (his stage 3 being the third fight) he turns yellow and gets a flame around him much like a SS from DBZ. No beams though, just a large boost in stamina, speed, and strength. I will go find a pic, hang on.

Edit: Better then a pic! Information and a pic!

The Master

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Oh I remember The Master from that game. His special attack was the ridiculously strong 3-hit attack did about 18 damage if you couldn't defend effectively. So Toad's special is getting older...? Or would he just be a young Master?

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like a cool idea, but most people wouldn't understand that the attack is from Paper Mario and the Master. After all, many people haven't played that game, fought him in his 3rd form, and he isn't exactly THE Toad.

But otherwise that is one of the best super attacks for Toad I've heard. :D

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
A clever allusion to a lesser-known Toad character, and ultimately a mildly feasible idea (since a lot of Toad's moves would be "invented," so to speak).

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Toad is the last top-requested Mario character yet to appear, and he can rep the Mario 2 love while Peach adopts her moves from the DS. C'mooon...it makes perfect sense to include Toad!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Indeed, no waluigi, no petey pirahna, its TOAD who deserves the shot at brawl, and no one else from the mario series who arent already in the game...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Peach + SPP Moves = <3
Toad + Brawl = <333

The SPP moves would negate her neutral B, thus giving all base naysayers a reason to shut their collective trap.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
The only thing Toad's good for is mushroom toppings on my pizza. Yummm!

His cameo appearances in Melee (Mushroom Kingdom stage when fighting the Yoshis & one of Peach's counters) could mean that it is possible for him to get a spot in the Brawl character roster. His appearance is highly unlikely, but it could happen.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
The only thing Toad's good for is mushroom toppings on my pizza. Yummm!

His cameo appearances in Melee (Mushroom Kingdom stage when fighting the Yoshis & one of Peach's counters) could mean that it is possible for him to get a spot in the Brawl character roster. His appearance is highly unlikely, but it could happen.
As the last real Mario character, I would say his chances are actually quite high. Mario, Luigi, Wario, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, DK, and Toad are referred to as the Big Eight in the Mario world, and Toad is the only one so far who isn't in Brawl. And Sakurai even hinted at him slightly in one of his fan responses (it was hard to get details through the translation, but it was a definite most likely).

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Plus, there's still always this:

Sakurai-San said:
It is and - it is to be - it is. Because it is understood.
A misleading tidbit or a tounge-in-cheek confirmation? It sounds pretty good to me.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
i was surprised he wasnt in melee
He was, through an attack of Princess Peach's and in the backround of the SMB Adventure stage.

Plus there was the one rumor that one could unlok him, though it wasn't as popular as the Sonioc and Tails rumor.

Top Bottom