• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
I'm thinking Toad will be wearing a soccer outfit lol
Just because "regular" Toad is sort of...taken *shakes fist*
Toad will be unique so he should be a PC...it's only fair...Saki knows it...

Toad For Brawl!
as long as he's in!

Toad is only good enough to be an AT nuff said.
ughh...at least you didn't say "lulz toad cant be playable becuze hes a b muve!!11!"

If it is you opinion, I'm ok, if not defend yourself.
Either way, get out some burn ointment if you are smart...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
At this moment, he seems good enough to take on Bowser.

LOOK AT THOSE LITTLE LIMBS FLY! HE'S CHARGING!

You see that glint in his eye? That, my friend, is the glint of a champion.

Derek~Joe

Smash Apprentice
Please do explain.
Most certainly, isn't his race/clan whatever suppose to be peaceful? Why the f*** would he be a fighter in the game. Its certainly not consistent and that goes against everything his race stands for. Plus he's peach's B move.

Rayman on the other hand would kick a**!!!!!

jus sayin

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Most certainly, isn't his race/clan whatever suppose to be peaceful? Why the f*** would he be a fighter in the game. Its certainly not consistent and that goes against everything his race stands for. Plus he's peach's B move.
Not quite. There are several Toad's throughout the Mario series that fight. First of all the one from Super Mario Bros. 2, and then there's the Toad called "The Master" in Paper Mario. They are very well capable of fighting and will do so if they have to, as seen in SMB2.

Gindor

Smash Ace

QFT lol!

Rayman on the other hand would kick a**!!!!!

jus sayin
ughh...did you get the ointment like I said, cause I am ready now with them-Oh wait here they come!

EDIT-lol already came!

Derek~Joe

Smash Apprentice
Not quite. There are several Toad's throughout the Mario series that fight. First of all the one from Super Mario Bros. 2, and then there's the Toad called "The Master" in Paper Mario. They are very well capable of fighting and will do so if they have to, as seen in SMB2.

You may have a point, but overall the general response to Toad is a pu*** a** little she-male who looks like he couldn't lift a flower off the ground.

Am I suppose to believe that Toad could take on Bowser? or more Rayman!?

get real brother nuff said.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
You may have a point, but overall the general response to Toad is a pu*** a** little she-male who looks like he couldn't lift a flower off the ground.
The "overall general response"? You speak for the entire Smash community then?

About as much as you're expected to believe that Peach can.

You use "nuff said" like it's irrefutable proof of something.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

What makes Toad a she-male...? and besides why does it matter anyways? Toad is male, there are also female variations of Toad.

Bowser's already in the game... and as far as importance, Toad is the next most important Mario character that would make it in. (unfortunately he didn't, but still he's important.)

How do I need to "get real"?

Derek~Joe

Smash Apprentice
okay Circus Rhymes, look at Toad and his history, then look at Peach and her history, get it?

Derek~Joe

Smash Apprentice
Andrew, I mean get real, Toad would never get a slot, GET REAL about that, he has just as much chance as Ridley which is slim to none.

jus sayin

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
okay Circus Rhymes, look at Toad and his history, then look at Peach and her history, get it?
No, I'm afraid I don't.

Peach and Toad are both extremely iconic characters of the Mario universe, both have been playable/main character in at least one game and both have a rather limited history of fighting.

What's your point?

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
ur dumb.

Most certainly, isn't his race/clan whatever suppose to be peaceful? Why the f*** would he be a fighter in the game. Its certainly not consistent and that goes against everything his race stands for.
isnt falcon supposed to be a racer?
isnt fox and falco supposed to be spaceship pilots?
isnt game and watch supposed to be everything except a fighter?
isnt kirby supposed to be a walking testicle?
isnt ganon supposed to be the only black man in smash? (g&w doesnt count)
isnt yoshi supposed to be a dino?
isnt link supposed to be a fairy boieee?
isnt y. link supposed to be a young fairy boieee?
isnt bowser supposed to be satan in nintendo form?
isnt peach and zelda supposed to be wh0res?
isnt ice climbers supposed to be incest brother and sister?

who cares what they originally do or what they are supposed to be. you can put anyone in brawl and make them work.

Plus he's peach's B move.
i've already discussed this, this is the most ******** excuse IMHO...peace

-hiroshi

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Andrew, I mean get real, Toad would never get a slot, GET REAL about that, he has just as much chance as Ridley which is slim to none.

jus sayin
Oh my gosh...

Why don't you go say that in the Ridley topic. :laugh: You can't say Toad will never get a spot in a future Smash game, you aren't Sakurai.

Derek~Joe

Smash Apprentice
Oh my gosh...

Why don't you go say that in the Ridley topic. :laugh: You can't say Toad will never get a spot in a future Smash game, you aren't Sakurai.

yeah if you havent seen, i got the first Ridley thread closed, because they got DEFENSVE with me...and they decided to spam the thread to its death. not my fault. Trust me Im 212 percent sure Sakurai wouldnt consider.

Why dont you just agree, bro?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Why are you so sure Ridley won't make it? -_-

Derek~Joe

Smash Apprentice
ur dumb.

isnt falcon supposed to be a racer? hes bounty hunter
isnt fox and falco supposed to be spaceship pilots? protect lylat system suppose to be good fighters
isnt game and watch supposed to be everything except a fighter? wheres that proof, he does EVERYTHING
isnt kirby supposed to be a walking testicle? cool
isnt ganon supposed to be the only black man in smash? (g&w doesnt count) okay thats ridiculous
isnt yoshi supposed to be a dino? Who ACTUALLY fights yes
isnt link supposed to be a fairy boieee? Hes part of the triforce, hes literally SUPPOSE to be a fighter
isnt y. link supposed to be a young fairy boieee? same
isnt bowser supposed to be satan in nintendo form? once again fighter
isnt peach and zelda supposed to be wh0res? f*** you
isnt ice climbers supposed to be incest brother and sister? done

who cares what they originally do or what they are supposed to be. you can put anyone in brawl and make them work.

i've already discussed this, this is the most ******** excuse IMHO...peace

-hiroshi

Proved ma point. I win, nuff said.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Probably because you're acting like a ****, and you're wrong.

I mean, true enough, Sakurai may not want Toad in Brawl. If so, he has his reasons. But you're not him, so you don't know. It's really just that simple. Toad would be a fine Brawler. His disposition and his past fighting prowess don't effect that in the least.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ridley just doesn't have the body or characteristics of a smasher, he looks like he belongs fossilized in some museum or somethin, get it?
What exactly are the "body and characteristics of a smasher"?

Because I'd wager one of the characters that's been in Melee or revealed for Brawl would probably contradict your answer.

Derek~Joe

Smash Apprentice
look...when toad AND ridley don't get confirmed, just know people tried to tell you. Its common sense.

jus sayin

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
look...when toad AND ridley don't get confirmed, just know people tried to tell you. Its common sense.

jus sayin
If they're not in, it's not because they're not "right" for Smash; it's because Sakurai thinks there are better characters to fill the roster.

Ridley and Toad both have the credentials to be playable characters in Smash. It's fact. You can't deny it.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I refuse to respond to the most recent poster of combative messages because:
1) He is confident that Ridley will not be a PC. Um...:laugh:
2) He has two first names, and we all know how those ones are. Ricky Bobby, anyone? :chuckle:

I still have tremendously high hopes for Toad in Brawl. Seeing Peach's moveset staying unchanged kind of dashed those hopes though. I mean, in that Nintendo Power issue long ago, Wario and Toad were the top 2 characters voted by the fans to be in the next game. I just don't understand why they don't take that into account. But I shouldn't be saying that since I really don't know the true outcome of the game. Heres to still hoping. Persistance is key!

TOAD FOR BRAWL!
I actually mentioned that poll a while back. Wario was tied with Toad for the number one pick for inclusion in the next Smash game. (Interesting note: Our own Gideon was quoted in that article!). Considering that many of the members of Treehouse--the Smash localization team--were interviewed and polled, such a strong sentiment would be difficult to ignore, especially from people who work so closely with the game.

im not going to lie, i still believe that toad has a perfectly good chance of being in the game. so he is used as a counter by peach. so? so sakurai didnt want to alter peachs moveset, does that mean all of a sudden toad is not going to be in. so what of toad shows up in one little b move, he could still be a PC. i'm assuming mot of you are using the reasoning of "oh, toad is peachs b move, how can he be a playable character?". easy, its a videogame, they can do whatever they want to do. on a side note, i have another argument as to why the peach update means nothing. "oh, but how can toad be in the game, if he is being used by peach. if toad is fighting peach, how can he himself counter himself?". hiroshi says," well little kids, how can a fox fight another fox at the same time. how can a pika fight another pika. how can we have dittos? oh thats right, cuz the same character can be onscreen more than once at the same time. calm the fvck down. toad is in brawl....peace

TOAD FOR BRAWL!!111!!

-hiroshi
lol Your logic is simplistic, but it's effective as well. Continuity and logic seem to serve only as "suggestions" for Smash: they don't disappear completely, but they are far from important to the game itself. We can only hope that this same "anything goes" atmosphere will allow for Toad as a PC.

Bahahah I love it! Circus FTW. It's true, though; if Toad can take on Bowser here, what can't he do?

Not quite. There are several Toads throughout the Mario series that fight. First of all the one from Super Mario Bros. 2, and then there's the Toad called "The Master" in Paper Mario. They are very well capable of fighting and will do so if they have to, as seen in SMB2.
Lest we forget Prince Mush, champion of the Glitz Pit! It is true, though, that Toads can fight if the need arises, but are less inclined to than other denizens of the Mushroom Kingdom. Likewise, few Toads are known for their ability to fight (Kinopio - SMB2, Wario's Woods; The Master - Paper Mario; Prince Mush - PM: TTYD), but they do exist.

Probably because you're acting like a ****, and you're wrong.

I mean, true enough, Sakurai may not want Toad in Brawl. If so, he has his reasons. But you're not him, so you don't know. It's really just that simple. Toad would be a fine Brawler. His disposition and his past fighting prowess don't effect that in the least.
I see Toad being as speedy as Pichu, as frantic as Luigi's dash attack, and hitting kind of like Ness. That's a rough idea, but it's plausible.

If they're not in, it's not because they're not "right" for Smash; it's because Sakurai thinks there are better characters to fill the roster.

Ridley and Toad both have the credentials to be playable characters in Smash. It's fact. You can't deny it.
It's true that public opinion and fan input plays a significant role in determining the Smash roster; but at the end of the day, it all comes down to Sakurai. He could very well ignore the overwhelming support for Ridley as a PC and just make him an AT. Sakurai, however, is a bit more compassionate than that. While he does have the final say, he knows that to ignore public sentiments would be an injustice to the strong fanbase that the Smash series has developed and a travesty to what the series stands for: a cross-section of Nintendo's collection of characters duking it out in an engaging and innovative fighter.

Ridley and Toad do have potential as Smashers. Now we can only hope that Sakurai feels the same way. :)

Gindor

Smash Ace

jus sayin
...ridley has a high chance. sakurai is is looking for villains (subspace emissiary needs villains), aerial chars (mix up the game), heavy chars (mix up the game), retro chars (just look at PT), and popular chars (he is trying to please us right?), ridley fits all of them.

yeah if you havent seen, i got the first Ridley thread closed, because they got DEFENSVE with me...and they decided to spam the thread to its death. not my fault. Trust me Im 212 percent sure Sakurai wouldnt consider.

umm, it is the popular threads like ridley's that get closed, and if they don't, it means that they have died.
some mods = sobs

Proved ma point. I win, nuff said.
huh, how?

Ridley just doesn't have the body or characteristics of a smasher, he looks like he belongs fossilized in some museum or somethin, get it?
and wario belongs in a donut shop, eating till he gets a heart attack

okay, we'll see.
That I would like

jus sayin
???

^^ god i love this guy...peace

-hiroshi
/concur

Vali

Smash Ace

jus sayin
I am now officially pro-abortion. Jus' sayin'.

Oh and before you let your deluded little ego get a bit too big for it's own good, the Ridley thread being closed had more to do with people spamming due to nothing to talk (concerning Ridley in Brawl) anymore, which had been happening for weeks. You had nothing to do with it.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Yeah, I think Ridley has a much bigger chance than your Rayman.
:laugh: The next Rayman game is going to be a Wii exclusive. In my mind, that gives Rayman a much larger chance than Ridley. Ridley's chances are 100% fabricated. You people think he will be in there simply because you want him to be in there so badly. I will be surprised if he makes it in as an assist trophy.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
:laugh: The next Rayman game is going to be a Wii exclusive. In my mind, that gives Rayman a much larger chance than Ridley. Ridley's chances are 100% fabricated. You people think he will be in there simply because you want him to be in there so badly. I will be surprised if he makes it in as an assist trophy.
Um... no? Sakurai wants more villains AND Metroid characters. You can only assume that means Ridley. >_>

It's really Rayman that I'd be surprised to see as an AT.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Ridley's theme song (acknowledged by Sakurai himself to be Ridley's theme song) is in the game already, for what it's worth.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
You can only assume that means Ridley. >_>
'Assume' is the operative word here. What about the other hunters? What about the troopers? What about other characters? Why is Ridley the only choice? Why can't villains come from other places?

Top Bottom