• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Token Power Mafia 1.2 | Game Over - Town Win

ExLight

Smash Lord
IT'S NOT EVEN SELFISH, IT MAKES NO DAMNED SENSE. DOCTOR IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT ROLES FOR THIS SETUP. I'M NOT EVEN SURE HOW WE AFFORD ANOTHER MISLYNCH NOW.
if he's telling the truth about being the doctor he self hammered himself just to prove that he's town, which is pretty selfish

a one-shot doctor isn't that strong in this setup, they had 1/7 chance of protecting correctly and if they didn't get messed up, calm down

we have other roles that are somewhat verifiable, so I feel like PoE might be the key for cracking this game

although, yea, us not being able to mislynch again because of someone acting bratty is what worries me the most

ExLight

Smash Lord
there's also the chance he's back at claiming doctor so we stop discussing

he was after all annoyed by the twilight, so wasting our discussion time by causing panic might've been his main reason for reclaiming doctor

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
This, I was waiting to see who would come in with the hammer, especially after Up pointed it out. But he decided to do it himself sadly.

My mind is boggled by the fact he may actually be doctor and did this if he is doctor. I don’t understand at all why that play seemed good to them.
This is deadass possibly the worst day 1 I've had as town. We tunneled two slots causing us to have less definitive reads on everyone as a whole, the one we stuck with turned out to be doctor, and instead of at least having some sort of basis for a day 2 scum read in the form of the hammer vote, we had that taken away from us because the doctor hammered themselves. We've lost our one way to make this 7 slot 2 scum game seem manageable and we're going into day 2 lost as to who we should really target.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
if he's telling the truth about being the doctor he self hammered himself just to prove that he's town, which is pretty selfish

a one-shot doctor isn't that strong in this setup, they had 1/7 chance of protecting correctly and if they didn't get messed up, calm down

we have other roles that are somewhat verifiable, so I feel like PoE might be the key for cracking this game

although, yea, us not being able to mislynch again because of someone acting bratty is what worries me the most
What other roles can prevent scum from nightkilling one of us?

ExLight

Smash Lord
What other roles can prevent scum from nightkilling one of us?
Watcher and Tracker can directly expose a killer scum best case scenario, and confirm they're town neutral case scenario; Commuterizer has twice the chance of stopping a scum kill than doctor and can't be strongmanned; Bulletproof can stop a normal kill

calm down

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I already claimed doctor and everybody on my wagon admitted they were unconvinced and weren't wavering. Nobody was going to accomplish anything in the last 3 hours anyway so please stop kidding yourselves that some breakthrough was going to be made. This is far more telling than me quietly being bussed allowing for town to move on without learning anything from it. In fact, I'm more confident than ever that the scumteam is Jackrito and ExLight. Raxxel has had the best response to this imo.

Instead of moving on with the game saying "it was an agreeable lynch, don't worry about being wrong", I have successfully fueled rage and hate towards my slot, which is all I needed to do given that I was never surviving anyway. Every single person in this game was perfectly alright with my slot being killed, with my doctor claim not even wavering anybody.

ExLight

Smash Lord
I already claimed doctor and everybody on my wagon admitted they were unconvinced and weren't wavering.
so you decided that finishing yourself was better for your team than insisting that you were the doctor?

how is shortening discussion time, avoiding EoD interactions, and guaranteeing a town lynch any good?

this isn't going to make your theories more credible, if anything they'll make them sound coming out of someone who is acting like a lunatic

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Jackrito would've hammered btw don't let them convince you that they wouldn't. They had admitted that my slot was scummy and they had voted me in the past. So if you want to treat it as somebody hammering me imagine that Jackrito did it.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Jackrito would've hammered btw don't let them convince you that they wouldn't. They had admitted that my slot was scummy and they had voted me in the past. So if you want to treat it as somebody hammering me imagine that Jackrito did it.
noone sane usually hammers wtf
why would they bring unnecessary attention to themselves

ExLight

Smash Lord
even if he was going to, if you think he's scum then why didn't you let him do it?

it would've said a lot more about him than your dying selfish words

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Nah dude self voting is ridiculous. I was in the middle of reconsidering when you did it. And the last few hours are literally the most important part of the phase. Scum have to fight for their preferred lynch and you get a lot regarding how people treat the wagon up til hammer. You took that away.

ExLight

Smash Lord
I'm really hoping you're scum doing this to stress town, poy

because if it's not I'm going to be really ****ing disappointed at you

ExLight

Smash Lord
not game related but

I just noticed some post have the member's signatures and some don't
why's that

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
These are the posts that I think are scummy from Z25. In Sorcerer's I noticed that he excessively described his process and liking people's posts in a way that I hadn't seen from his town game (Videogame Mafia)

Good question, I don’t know if it’s been addressed anywhere. osieorb18 osieorb18
I’ll ask both of you this since your new and I want to interact and learn more about you.

Ever played this setup before? And Jackrito ever played with anyone here?
Thanks for the breakdown on everything! This is good information for us to consider as we move forward with each phase.
Utopian is claiming doctor? I really don’t understand why they would act like that. I can’t see it being doctor either. But Zen and Ex beat me to that thought.

Also a good Post.

Laying out a plan last minute would be super risky and scum could take advantage of that. Don’t know why Utopian thinks otherwise, but we kinda of established that slot had weird plays today.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
man I'm just going to go to sleep and wake-up to the flip. ffs

Jackrito

Smash Ace
If I did hammer you it would not of being until closer to the end of day, you also never gave me a chance to react to your claim. I don't like to hammer early as any side because it is a bad look and not helpful. Only exception would be if all topics of convo are gone and game is dead.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Bolded lines from top to bottom.

#1 Buddying
#2 Describing how what he's doing is townie
#3 Pointing out obvious. Filler. Trying to look helpful.
#4 Pretending that he didn't know UP would claim Doc.
#5 Buddying

Lynch Z tomorrow.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
By the way UP, self-hammering is rarely to your advantage even as scum. There is a considerable chance your wagon could have dissolved. I was in the middle of contemplating voting Raxxel when you hammered. Also now we have all this information in twilight based on the way people reacted to your claim.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I can still see Z25 as scum as well tonight I will look into them in more detail but as my readlist showed earlier they are a slot that have bothered me a lot this game. This partly depends on whatever the hell UP is as well I could get mad about it, but 5 years of playing has taught me not to get mad at trolling and just wait to see the flip. The reactions to it will be intresting to look back at though if he is town and a lesser degree if scum.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
top-tier troll, i like it
In hindsight people are going to think that I’m dodging criticism by claiming redirector when that’s really not the case. I don’t think I’ve lost my sanity yet. I woke back up because I didn’t want town to be betrayed more than they already have. I’m the doctor, but you all probably won’t take this seriously either. Claiming redirector the second time was pointless. I promise this is my final claim.

While my online personality is definitely punchable and I’d be doing the same, I can’t leave the thread as a person knowing that I’d be dodging valid criticism by claiming scum. So yes, I’m the sleep deprived doctor, release your anger and I’ll read it in the morning.

If there’s any positive, it’s that this should be far more revealing from a tone perspective than any EoD talk for the final couple hours that remained in the day. But that’s simply my disagreeable perspective.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
So, if UP is truly not capping this time and he was in fact redirector, it's a good outcome of course that we lynched scum, but it does raise something important. We're still down a doctor if I understand the rules correctly, since UP held the token that had the doctor role on it still. In this case we always were down a doctor and could do nothing about it, but still worth noting.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
oh for the love of god this is the last time I'm looking at the thread tonight. Goodnight.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Poy, EoD wagonomics are one of the most important things in mafia games
please, never self-hammer again

it's literally one of the worst plays anyone can do for reasons everyone already mentioned

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
These are the posts that I think are scummy from Z25. In Sorcerer's I noticed that he excessively described his process and liking people's posts in a way that I hadn't seen from his town game (Videogame Mafia)
Your using one town game as an example though.

I’ll give you that I played similarly as scum in Sorcerers but why would I literally do that again? Especially when your playing this game. If I was scum, I think you should understand I’d be extremely careful in my play after that last game with you. Because honesty you always seem to have little trust towards my slot.

Ive been trying to better myself as a townie in recent games because I’ve played some terrible games as a townie. That were only bad because I was stupid and reactive. So I’ve been aiming to be a better player in these games.

I also have stated this before but honestly I tend to put more effort into power role games because that’s more my element. And I enjoy them more then games where I’m vanilla townie.

That’s just my opinion though. Also I tend not to like too many posts unless I fully agree or it’s more of a meme post. Liking being used as meta is just bad imo

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Final Day 1 Votecount

Moderation Roulette: Flaming, Poor Sportsmanship, OoG, Inactivity, Cheating

Round and round she goes, and where she stops nobody knows!
UtopianPoyzin (4) - ExLight, Xivii, Z25, UtopianPoyzin
Xivii (2) - Raxxel, Jackrito

Not voting: LogicoftheVI

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Day 1 Lynch

UtopianPoyzin has been lynched! They were... Town Doctor.

DO NOT POST IN THE THREAD DURING THE NIGHT PHASE.

Night 1 actions will be due in roughly 24 hours, then Day 2 will start roughly 24 hours after that.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Day 2 Start

ExLight has died. He was... Town Watcher.

It is now LyLO. Votes will be locked when made.

Day 2 Lynch Deadline will be 12:30 PM on Tuesday, March 31st.

Last edited:
Top Bottom