• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tom Nook is VERY LIKELY to appear in Brawl. Read Why!

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Thanks to Zinc, we now know that there will be an Animal Crossing character in Brawl. It could be the humans, Nook, KK Slider, Resetti, etc. But someone else also noticed that in the Random Name Generator on Melee, among the names were PIT, IKE, TOAD, and other names of likely Brawl candidates. Among these were TOMM and NOOK. Put these two hints together and what do you get? Tom Nook in Brawl! :chuckle:

EDIT: These are the two threads that show the info:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2719148#post2719148

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=105742

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
we don't know unless sakurai say "there will be an animal crossing character in brawl. guess who"
you take too much out of too little, which won't get you very far here.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
You seem almost positive that there will be an AC character playable in Brawl... proof plz?

The icon theory thread, while extremely well thought out, is still just a THEORY. It is not fact, and it will not be unless Sakurai gives us proof that there will be X number of franchises represented in Brawl. And the random name generator thing is not solid proof either. It is a strange coincidence, definitely, but it is by no means proof.

And I'm pretty sure this conversation belongs in the Tom Nook support thread in Brawl Character Discussion. Just sayin'.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
You seem almost positive that there will be an AC character playable in Brawl... proof plz?

The icon theory thread, while extremely well thought out, is still just a THEORY. It is not fact, and it will not be unless Sakurai gives us proof that there will be X number of franchises represented in Brawl. And the random name generator thing is not solid proof either. It is a strange coincidence, definitely, but it is by no means proof.

And I'm pretty sure this conversation belongs in the Tom Nook support thread in Brawl Character Discussion. Just sayin'.
If there wasn't an AC Character, why would there be the AC icon?

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Why should I? I'm not just another nut going "omg, an AC stage and item, so nook iz confirmed!!11"
If you bother to read the explanation, you will see why there is going to be an AC character. Tom Nook is my guess, because of the Random Name thing in Melee.

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
The only evidence I see about an AC character being in Brawl is that there is a symbol for the item and stage. Plus AC is one of the most popular series for nintendo so why not represent it right?

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Tom Nook IS in Brawl.

See, there's Nook in the background of the stage. Guess he isn't a fighter!

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
seriously, everlasting yay, you need to chill. Plus it's still possible for him to be in the game, if someone plays as Tom Nook on the Smashville stage he doesn't appear in the backround. OH MY GOD HOW DID I FIGURE THAT OUT

TheBlackblaze

Smash Cadet
Didn't I tell you something in that other thread?

SHUT UP
Hey I have an idea, why don't you
SHUT UP
there's still a decent chance of Nook being a fighter, seeing how capt. falcon's racer is racing in big blue while capt. Falcon is fighting doesn't make sense, also when you do fox's secret taunt with falco also on the feild, falco's face will show up, does that make sense. Stop picking on this kid just because he thinks Nook actually has a chance.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
seriously, everlasting yay, you need to chill. Plus it's still possible for him to be in the game, if someone plays as Tom Nook on the Smashville stage he doesn't appear in the backround. OH MY GOD HOW DID I FIGURE THAT OUT
there's still a decent chance of Nook being a fighter, seeing how capt. falcon's racer is racing in big blue while capt. Falcon is fighting doesn't make sense, also when you do fox's secret taunt with falco also on the feild, falco's face will show up, does that make sense. Stop picking on this kid just because he thinks Nook actually has a chance.
Thank you! At least someone isn't ignorant.

off topic: lol at your avatar, BlackBlaze

Cenedar

Smash Ace
If there wasn't an AC Character, why would there be the AC icon?
My guess is the icon was on the site as another indication that the stage and item came from Animal Crossing. I guess my main point is that a franchise having a stage in Brawl =/= a character from that same franchise MUST appear on the roster, or vice versa.

Hejiru said:
He's in the background, so what? That dosen't prove anything.
And neither does the fact that there is a stage and item for AC. Example, Lip's Stick was an item in Brawl, and yet Lip wasn't on the roster. Marth and Roy were characters in Melee, and yet, what's this? There was no Fire Emblem stage! At least none to the best of my knowledge.

I'm not saying it's IMPOSSIBLE for Nook or another AC character to arrive in the roster, I'm just saying that I just think your overestimating his chances at this point in time... just my opinion.

Besides, if there is one thing I've learned after all the curveballs that Sakurai has thrown us with updates alongside all the rumors that have been flying in and out of the internetz, I refuse to accept anything as 100% confirmed unless it comes from SAKURAI HIMSELF. But again, not meaning to flame and it's just my opinion.

I still think this belongs in the Tom Nook thread, I know I've seen one around here...

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
Not that my opinion matters at all, but I think Hejiru and everlasting yay are both equally annoying and stupid. And they should both shut up.

Also, as has been stated, there is evidence both for and against Tom Nook. But it's leaning towards a "no" for old Nook. The name generator thing from Melee is not evidence either. It is absolutely nothing. The icon is somewhat evidence, but not much. It could just mean we can expect a few AC related updates, not necessarily a new character.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I think Nook being in the background kills his chances, personally.

Sakurai is very careful about what he places in these shots, and the fact that the 4-5 pictures of the AC stage include a number of the regular characters who fell under the "would be combatant" title, I think, means that he was intentionally doing so to remove them from the "potential" list.

That said, you'll notice Mr. Resetti is notably absent from the pictures, but I still suspect him of being an AT and not playable.

Honestly, I think AC has a 50% of a playable character: they showed Yoshi's stage before they showed Yoshi, but they showed Ike before they showed Ike's stage so it's anyone's guess.

AC has sold over 10 million worldwide so I've no doubt that the franchise DESERVES a playable character, but I don't know if that's the case in Sakurai's mind.

IllidR

Smash Champion
This isn't really "proof" of anything. Sure his name shows up in the random name generator but that doesn't mean anything... Tom Nook was in melee i'm pretty sure as a trophy hence why his name would show up in the generator, same with Pit. Ike i'm not so sure about. And toad shows up because he was in a game too, in the form as an attack for Peach. But we really can't confirm or deny anything until Sakurai tells us.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Nook was in the background, because Sakurai didn't think he was important enough to even be an AT. Thus, he won't be playable.

XDead Sexy

Smash Apprentice
There Was the flipper in melee thats from ballon fighter wasnt it? he wasnt in the game. the super scope was in duck hunt or used to play it right? jsut cause theres stuff in the game doesnt mean they'll actually been in the game and him being in the background is a major blow in his chances of being playable so im gonna go with no.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I KNOW that items and stages=/=PC. I hate it when people say that if theres an item, there is a character. I ambasing this on the fact the someone found icons for the fighters and an AC icon was among them.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
I KNOW that items and stages=/=PC. I hate it when people say that if theres an item, there is a character. I am basing this on the fact the someone found icons for the fighters and an AC icon was among them.
You really hate it eh? You know what I hate? I hate how people take theories and state them as fact without ANY other evidence.

For the last time, the icon thread is based on THEORY, and is by no means a factual confirmation of what franchises will be represented in the Brawl playable roster. They may be represented in the game as a whole, but that doesn't automatically mean that Tom Nook or ANYONE from AC will be on the roster.

Again, just stating my opinion, and ONCE AGAIN, this conversation belongs in the TOM NOOK SUPPORT THREAD. I'm leaving now because quite frankly, I couldn't care less about this particular thread. This topic has been discussed to death ever since the AC stage came out weeks ago. bye y'alls.

Blackadder

Smash Master
*Bangs head*
AC threads always go to hell in the end, or is it just me?
I think Tom being in the background of Smashville hurts his chances a fare bit. It implies he is not only not playable, but that Sakurai doesn't even think of him as AT worthy.
I wont bat an eyelash if he is in or out either way.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
For the last time, the icon thread is based on THEORY, and is by no means a factual confirmation of what franchises will be represented in the Brawl playable roster.
Unless I'm mistaken, the icon support thread wasn't even purported to suggest that icons represent playable characters but to point out that the icons were numbered and that there were some missing numbers, meaning that there are more franchises coming which will be represented.

Like the SSB icon was #1, Mario's icon was #2, etc. but the numbers went, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 14 or something along those lines.

Yeah, the AC icon is there, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for Resetti because I don't honestly suspect he'll be playable (though I'd sh*t a brick if it was).

M.K

Level 55
BANANA!

Sorry, I felt like I wanted to be a part of the Big Red Obnoxious Letters Club. Anyway, I can't wait until half of the people arguing against Tom Nook main him IF he gets in.

On the other hand, the character I believe will get it will K.K. Slider JUST BECAUSE it SEEMS like a special event to have him play ONLY on a Saturday Night. Wouldn't that make sense?

Hehe...Animal Crossing is a fun game...don't bash it because they look different. Animal's have feelings too.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
THREE-TOED SLOTH!

Wow, that IS fun!

Keep in mind that a playable AC character would, without a doubt, have a higher polygon count and a better texturing than the ones pictured in Smashville.

If Resetti were playable, you'd see the same studded buttons and creases on his overalls that you see on Mario. You'd see the scratches on his pickaxe, the veins in his eyes, etc.

I don't think the quality of the basic models matters because playables always get a better treatment. Compare the ATs to playable characters. You'll see what I mean.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I highly doubt they'd put him as a playable if he's sitting there in the background.

KTHXSHUT UP
This sounds like a case of the Toad. By the way, you should put a trademark on that.
You need to chill, since you take humor too seriously. How DID you figure that out exactly? You make barely any sense.
I never said it wasn't possible. It's just that these IDIOTS have the most moronic arguements ever.

SHUT UP
It isn't possible though. Like I said, it's a case of the Toad. Quite true about the second sentence, trademark that!

Hey I have an idea, why don't you
SHUT UP
Why don't YOU SHUT UPtm?Nook bare;yu does, it's a case of the Toad.
Not that my opinion matters at all, but I think Hejiru and everlasting yay are both equally annoying and stupid. And they should both shut up.

Also, as has been stated, there is evidence both for and against Tom Nook. But it's leaning towards a "no" for old Nook. The name generator thing from Melee is not evidence either. It is absolutely nothing. The icon is somewhat evidence, but not much. It could just mean we can expect a few AC related updates, not necessarily a new character.
You're not stupid either? You're going against Nook, but going against the people against Nook? SHUT UP

Top Bottom