• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Too bad Venusaur ain't in

Status
Not open for further replies.

heytallman

CTALL
Venusaur was always my favorite of the starters. I guess Charizard is tons more popular though. And I guess Pokemon Trainer would be too imbalanced if he had Blastoise, Venusaur, AND Charizard. Anyone else like Venusaur best?

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
No, I like Charizard the most out of the three. But to create a more balance use of the Pokemon Trainer, and to throw in some strategy, the three Pokemon need to best resemble a speedy fighter, an all-around fighter and a power fighter. And in my opinion, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard respectively fit the bill nicely.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Actually, of all 9 choices (the three starters plus all their forms), Ivysaur's probably my favorite. So I'm glad he's there. Though I also would've been happy to see Blastoise or Charmeleon. . . never was much of a Charizard fan.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
It's hard to say which one I like more but it'd probaly end up being charizard.

Still, I like venasaur alot andI prefer him ALOT more in competive play then charizard, it's a shame he isn't playable.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Even though I love the set up... (as my favorites of each evolution are playable) I can't help but wonder if you wanted a speedy/rounded/powerful theme, wouldn't your starting lineup be...

Charmander
Ivysaur
Blasoise

I wouldn't replace charizard, but for you pokemon fans, what are your thoughts?

spindash

Smash Ace
No, I like Charizard the most out of the three. But to create a more balance use of the Pokemon Trainer, and to throw in some strategy, the three Pokemon need to best resemble a speedy fighter, an all-around fighter and a power fighter. And in my opinion, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard respectively fit the bill nicely.
I find it funny how in-game, Charizard's the fastest of all the starter Pokémon of the 1st Generation. XD It'd amuse me if Charizard turned out to be a Raw Power + Speed type like Captain Falcon sort of. :p

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, I know where some of this is coming from. Okay, when I said speedy, I wasn't referring to their base speed stat in the Pokemon games.

I am sure Charizard will be slower compared to the other two -- although without question, he will be the strongest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom