• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Too Poor for Genesis Sunday, July 12th, 2009 Scarborough, ON, Canada BRAWL tournament

Gichan

Smash Champion

50 person cap
445 Midwest road
Unit 34
Scarborough
Sunday, July 12th, 2009

Thank F1ZZ for the venue, Toronto ( Scarborough, whatever) finally has a tournament, yes Niko, it happened. Depending on the attendance for this tournament, the venue may be used for future events, possibly monthly, preferably bi-monthly, or even 2-day events! So show up, this tournament just adds to the Smash Month of July and it will only help us to maintain a more consistent smash community in the future.

Schedule: (will be updated)

10am: doors open
10-11am: set-up and friendlies
11-11:30am: Doubles and singles registration begins

Prices:
Venue fee: $5
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 ($10 per person)

Food:

There is a Tim Hortons that is right across the street and a Subway that is about a 5 minute walk away.

Also the owner wants to do a BBQ with hamburgers, hot dogs and cans of pop. The hamburgers and hot dogs would be $2 each and pop would be $1.

-thank you F1ZZ

Directions from TTC transit: (will be updated)

From the TTC subway ( on Bloor-Danforth line, green) take the train to Midland station. When you get off there, take a bus as you are in the Scarborough district

From the Yonge- University line (yellow) transfer to the Danforth line either on Spadina, St. George, or Bloor-Yonge and follow directions above (Bloor-Danforth)

Once you reach Midland station, take the 57 to ellesmere road. 5 minute walk to venue.

There are other ways to reach the venue, choose your preference.

For driving:

google maps people, google maps
update on parking soon.

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl

SBR Certified

General rules:
-3 Stock
-8 minute timer
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Infinite Grabs: Gentlemen's rule (we don't like it, but if you need to do it to win, go right ahead).

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Lists

Starter:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:

Castle Siege
Delfino
Distant Planet
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:

Everything else.

Additional Rules for Double's Play:
Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON

Optional Rules:
-Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overttime or the sudden death will be played out. The TO needs to decide which of these will be used before the tournament. Bowser's suicide klaw is exempt from this rule.

-Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or

-Sonic and Lucario can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

-Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

General Rules:
-no illegal substances, no alcohol, no green.
-don't smell, please shower
-Tournament matches have priority over friendlies. MMs have priority over friendlies
-Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face

There will be SF4 and melee casuals present. So if you are interested in these games, show up, mad skill will be present.

Staff:

Gi
Dud
Mikey (you know you want to)

Wii + Brawl:

Gi x1
F1ZZ x1 (Brawl +)
5ive x1 (Brawl +)
Painted Ghost x1 (Brawl +)
T.O. Joe x1
SilverDoc x1
Danny x1

T.V.s:

F1ZZ x2
5ive x2
Painted Ghost x1
Owner of venue x1 (what a champ, lol)
Mikey x1
Stos x1 (maybe)
Distructo91 x1 (maybe)
AvariceX x1 (maybe)
Mist x1

Extension Cords:

Mikey x3

Power Bars:

Danny x1

Recording Stations:

5ive x2

Attendence List:
Melee people are welcome to attend, would be awesome
1. Gi
2. Dud
3. F1ZZ
4. 5ive
5. Mikey
6. Painted Ghost
7. Poison Mist
8. lkp4
9. Anth0ny
10. Decoy
11. Hylian Akatsuki
12. Toronto Joe
13. SilverDoc
14. Holy
15. Stos
16. FatalX
17. Patches
18. Distructo91
19. Guru/uber mage
20. hype
21. AvariceX
22. ViTal (maybe)
23. Danny
24. Nickcam (maybe)
25. xLeafyx (maybe)
26. KingAce
27. Eh Doh
28. SRTM
29. Pho (maybe)
30. MisaMeka
31. Masterdrenin
32. Cyan (maybe)
33. ub3rno0b (epic name!)
34. Phil Gee (maybe)
35. Pastaboy (maybe)
35. Ner Ner
36. Ambrose
37. Minus
38. Jack
39. Ray Kalm
40. Yoh

WE NEED T.V.s PEOPLE! THE MORE THE BETTER. It will help for this tourmament to run smoothly and extra time means a Brawl + side tourney, tempting isn't it?

Gichan

Smash Champion
In case people don't look at tournament listings, and so you can talk **** here as well.

Name change dude to the fact that if you are coming to this tournament, chances are you don't afford to go to Genesis, or you are not allowed due to age (which can still be related to money), therefore owned by life, lol.

I'll be updating after mikey's as he will be showing me how to run a tournament, after I acquire experience and knowledge to an effective schedule, I'll post it up.

.Marik

is a social misfit
This needs way more hype.

I hope I can come, I know Scarborough pretty well.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Oh man....teh exams....I am just about finished, one more tomorrow and I'm FFREEE!!!

So good luck to you homes.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
As much as I've been looking forward to meeting up with ViceGrip at Genesis, realistically I won't be able to go.

....so sign me up :)

1xTV
1xWii +Brawl (with Brawl+)
1xCube + Melee
and might as well...
1x Xbox360 + SFIV :)

TheDUD

Smash Journeyman
Hey Gichan, make sure to mention in teh OP that I'll be selling teh shirts at this. I have like 7 Falcon shirts left so this will be the last chance for people to get one.

BuddahForce

Smash Rookie
yoo im coming put me down wii/brawl/360 stick/ power bar i seen someone bringing 360w/sf4 so no point of me brining it

5ive

Smash Champion
Check this out.

The owner of the venue is supplying a cube. He supposedly plays Melee during his breaks. Wow, this guy *****.

TheDUD

Smash Journeyman
Okay Gichan I made a banner thingy...

DDD looks so mean XD

EDIT: yay you put it in teh thread :)

5ive

Smash Champion
Mist said he could bring a TV.

Edit: Confirm me for 360 plus SF4. Same with PaintedGhost.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Okay Gichan I made a banner thingy...

DDD looks so mean XD

EDIT: yay you put it in teh thread :)
epic banner ^_^

also, will u be sellin at gis?

edit:nvm saw first page :p

this tourney is gonna be awesome,i hope it goes well cause monthlies would bet he greatest

Anth0ny

Smash Master
11 tvs? Looking good!

I'm really hoping we could watch good Genesis matches whenever we have to. I'll quit out of a match for M2K vs. Silent Spectre!!!

NerNer

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow SmashBros. I just became a member today and am definitely going to attend. My 2 brothers would like to come as well. All 3 of us are really good at SmashBros. ( N64, GC, and Wii). I can bring whatever is needed. Do my brothers need to register here too, or can I just bring em? Sorry for the noobish questions guys, first time attending a Smash Tournament.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ i dont really give a **** lol.

but yee im entering brawl too *****es.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yo Stos, if a melee player brings a tv, definintely, and mroe tvs can go to melee and brawl + casuals as the day progresses.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
hype this **** up guys, im going to try my hardest to get to this, i wasnt planning on coming due to mad tight money situation but i will try my hardest to get here. lol too poor for too poor for genesis

Mikey7

Smash Lord
hype this **** up guys, im going to try my hardest to get to this, i wasnt planning on coming due to mad tight money situation but i will try my hardest to get here. lol too poor for too poor for genesis
Nice we don't see Niagara enough :x, gl getting here, hopefully the train is cheap

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
I was actually really set on coming to this (and not play brawl, lawl), but now I think I'm too broke to go after getting Blazblue. That **** is hard to find man.

I dunno, I'll see how much money I'll win by gambling/hustling by Sunday. I tried to get some people to come, but after they faced my washed-up self and getting owned a few days back, they might not go, lol

.Marik

is a social misfit
I want singles to start at 10-11am because I have to leave sometime around 3:00pm. :(

Can anybody give me a ride there? I haven't actually been carpooled. Ever. :\

*Edit* Oh yeah, aside from Grmo giving me a ride back from Prepare Yourself.

Top Bottom