• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link can't angle the boomerangs as much as Young Link

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I think this is very significant and important, it takes away so much of the ability of young/toon link to control space and keep his opponents out.
For example I was talking about the puff/yl matchup with armada and he explained how he controlled the space and kept puff out with the boomerang and bombs... in this conversation it was obvious that this is extremely important to be able to angle your boomerang.
I'm guessing this is from brawl and not intentional, which is why I wanted to bring it to everyones (especially the developers) attention!

B.W.

Smash Champion
Angle it how? The boomerang going up or down goes as much as Y.Link from Melee.

Unless you're talking about the different angles he can throw it at then I dunno. Y.Link could throw his boomerang at his own max angle as well as Link's angles, which I think you can do with T.Link but I'm not totally sure.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
You're right, the max angles are nowhere near as sharp, which is disappointing. In Melee, if Young Link threw the boomerang straight down while on the ground, the ricochet would bounce it backwards, over his head and behind him. Now, I've gotten used to Toon Link's angles, but I do miss the extremes Young Link had.

Additionally, the bombs and the boomerang interact different in P:M than in Melee, though I'm not sure there's much to be done about that.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Clearly. He doesn't strictly need the crazy angles, I suppose, though it would be better to have even more control over the boomerang. I dunno if anyone really cares about the way his items interact being different from Melee, though.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
as far as im concerned its an important aspect of link in general as a projectile-based character. i definitely think it should be as in melee young link.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I've just booted Melee and P:M.

Y.Link and T.Link share the same boomerang angles. They both also have control on how extreme the angle they throw the boomerang is. The only difference is that when you throw the boomerang at the ground with T.Link it bounces upward rather than being stupid and flying behind him like Y.Link's does.

Also T.Link is definitely not Y.Link. T.Link is everything Y.Link wishes he was.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I suggested the same, Hero. Milk is cool, but Soup would be cooler because Wind Waker.

It'd be neat if they changed his flail around taunt to something not stupid too.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Toon Link needs his grandma's special Soup to destroy all who oppose him on the smash battlefields.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I suggested the same, Hero. Milk is cool, but Soup would be cooler because Wind Waker.

It'd be neat if they changed his flail around taunt to something not stupid too.
I actually like his flail taunt, but the taunt I really wish he had was waving and yelling "C'mon!" like he does to the statues and things you can control in Wind Waker. That'd be adorable.

BlackDr.Mario

Smash Cadet
It feels odd when you play as both characters. Its also weird that I prefer each one of the Toon/Young Links to actual Link and each within their respected rights. The Boomerang was only for air control, momentum stopping and an off guard hit. Its specific angling never really bothered me honestly.

Zujx

Smash Apprentice
Please don't remove toon links milk drinking
at our smashfests it's involved in our overly complicated set of drinking rules
everyone there has to chug their beer for the duration of that taunt.

D

Deleted member

Please don't remove toon links milk drinking
at our smashfests it's involved in our overly complicated set of drinking rules
everyone there has to chug their beer for the duration of that taunt.
Why not make it heal more HP and make it like Ness' Special Taunt?

Top Bottom