• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Combos! ***Discuss Any TL combos that You are willing to share***

Hungryformore21

Smash Cadet
So Basically This thread is for people who are looking for new combos with Toon Link, or If you feel like sharing some "sweet" combos.

I'll start. This combo is for the spammers. When you are close enough to your opponent, throw out your boomerang and then shoot an uncharged arrow. If you are lucky enough you will be able to hit your opponent three arrows.

And one more: throw a bomb directly above you and grab the nearest opponent without moving from you spot. attack your opponent twice and throw him above you into the bomb.

POST YOUR COMBOS!:bee:

Ørion

Smash Ace
Lol, i got one: RAR bair bair RAR bair bair RAR bair bair etc.

more seriously, I actually sometimes find that you can use the bomb's smoke as a smokescreen, and you can get away with grabs, smashes, or SH dair directly after a bomb. These could lead into bair combos if it is a side attack or bair then uair combos if the attack goes up.

Santi

Smash Lord
Lol, i got one: RAR bair bair RAR bair bair RAR bair bair etc.

more seriously, I actually sometimes find that you can use the bomb's smoke as a smokescreen, and you can get away with grabs, smashes, or SH dair directly after a bomb. These could lead into bair combos if it is a side attack or bair then uair combos if the attack goes up.
yess! i was experimenting with that the other day. You can do a lot with a smoke screen around you.
I short hop, drop bomb, fast fall dodge a little behind the bomb and then run grab through the smoke.
I only did it once but it worked since the opponent was shielding for the explosion. It looked pretty cool. (ofcourse down taunt with a smoke screen around is is all kinds of legit)

And Good combos can come from grabs.

Another thing I've been messing around with is TL Nair combos.
Since opponents sometimes trip after the nair, you can nair, fast fall ,jab then do another nair right after. It links nicely when done correctly but Im not sure how effective it is. Ofcourse the tripping caused by the Nair only happens at low low percents.( Like under 20% I think) So this is pretty situational. Ive just been fooling around in training mode but it looks like it could work. And ofcourse at higher percents it would only work if they missed their tech and you moved closer to them as you were fast falling.

Heres a video
I pull it off at the very end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHOGXEHQxFo

sorry about the quality.
I did this tonight after work with a hand held camera. you can still see the combo pretty good though.

I know it would be tough to pull off in a match but i figured i would give my input and try to help out Toon Link's progress.

and Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

TriforceCore

Smash Apprentice
AW Man Ive been working on the smokescreen technique for some time now, I find That you could use it once in a competitive match maybe twice because of predictability. But seriously Ive been trying to perfect the technique for some time now (in terms of posting,making a thread, and vid about it) but I am at least glad people are not completely oblivious to it. So please Santi go ahead you have all the tools available to make it a clearly organized technique..........Back on topic my favorite is shorthop Zair into Fsmash.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. As mentioned, the smokescreen can be your best friend at times. If your opponent likes shielding, just toss a bomb at his feet and fast fall into a charged d-smash until the smoke clears. If your lucky, his shield will be too small to block the d-smash. Or just forward throw into an uncharged arrow. If he rolls back away from you the arrow will hit. If he waits and just gets up, you can charge him.
Easiest one to do is just d-smash short hop nuetral aerial or b-air. Depends on if they try air dodging when they see you short hop.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Dair (hit twice) then a Uair or RaR

In the air, throw a bomb down at them and then hit them with a uair after it hits.

Rar to fsmash

Rar to nair

Hype

Smash Lord
i like to SH double bair to Utilt then chase them into the air with Uair or other arials. also i like to SH an arial and "quick draw" your arrow (i think that what people are calling it), whatever it's called I do it all the time, it just looks so awsome!

SD14

Smash Cadet
i some times do SH and hit grab and if it hits them then you can get a grab in when you land cause of the slight stun from when you hit them

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Boomerang can set up for a dash->usmash most of the time.

While in the air, position yourself above your opponent, throw a bomb down, and dair. Either the bomb hits them and sends them up into the dair, the bomb hits a shield but dair connects, or they roll away and you dair into the bomb, reducing ending lag.

Alfonzo

Smash Rookie
U Tilt 2-3 times at low percents gets them to 20-30% which is nice. A A U Tilt at high percents is a kill. A A D Smash gets me a kill. U Tilt to U Air is probably my favorite though. :p

BASICS FTW.

TriforceCore

Smash Apprentice
On a side note to Lobos link look at the ssbb lucas vs toon link 21 match that toon link has his grab spacing down hes not too fantastic but the fact that he has that excellent spacing in like 3 of his grabs is pretty impressive (or luck)

massimo009

Smash Cadet
i dont know if this is new or not but i have a comb. If you get in the air above an opponent, you can throw a bomb down at them and follow up with d-air hitting them 90% of the time. This itself isnt that special. But if the opponent is trying to recover, ive found that you can meteor smash them 90% of the time by throwing a bomb at them from a bove. Then, you immediately follow up with d-air. THis works really well because if the bomb hits them, it paralyzes them for just enough time to hit them with d-air. And if the air dodge the bomb, they wont be able to air dodge the d-air thus spiking them.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
i dont know if this is new or not but i have a comb. If you get in the air above an opponent, you can throw a bomb down at them and follow up with d-air hitting them 90% of the time. This itself isnt that special. But if the opponent is trying to recover, ive found that you can meteor smash them 90% of the time by throwing a bomb at them from a bove. Then, you immediately follow up with d-air. THis works really well because if the bomb hits them, it paralyzes them for just enough time to hit them with d-air. And if the air dodge the bomb, they wont be able to air dodge the d-air thus spiking them.
I used this combo all the time in melee. Never thought about it in Brawl as a spike setup though. Pretty cool idea I guess.

Tr3vlyn

Smash Cadet
shbomb pull with the canceled arrow at the end.
if that arrow hits i bounce a boomer off the ground then shda so they're forced to either jump into the boomer, get hit by the arrows, or diminish their shield
then i throw the bomb and it nearly always hits through the shield.

then i spam shda until they approach.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Nair, then land and charge a downsmash. 99.9% of players i play roll toward me after the nair makes them trip. more of a mindgame then a combo i guess, but her it works.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
best starter move = hyphen smash followed by 2-4 utilts followed by bair by footstool dair... or dont footstool.... or dont dair and do more bairs... up to you XD

my opinion -.-

Yerka90

Smash Rookie
Here is a good combo.

Pull out a bomb, rush toward the guarding opponent, the jump above the opponent, throw the bomb downwards and dair that ******* therefore results a combo at 23%
You can also perform this at the edge and it will be a cool spike
You can also use Fair, bair and nair on this bomb combo

I can also advice you players too use the chain a lot in the air (short jump, Z- button)
After you used the chain you can rush toward the opponent and use Dash, Usmash, UB, B, FB or the bomb

Its not really a combo but it is good for mind games

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Also, A,A,A,SH Chair works a lot

Top Bottom