• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Match-up Video and Critique Thread

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Moth remind me to add those to the OP a little later please.
I'm on my phone right now.

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
Hey I need some 4 matches recorded. They aren't my best matches so please excuse them. They are epic lulz though and I feel the need to share them with you guys. And critique if you feel the need to.

Wii Code: 3931-7833-9864-0488
Brawl Code: 4511-0144-0591
Name: Decoy

The Fox and Snake players are learning to play that char so don't mind them. The ROB and Lucas ones however shouldn't have any excuse... (got pwned)

Disclaimer: The content in these vids are about as random as I get so prepare yourself.

Thanks

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
For some reason your name doesn't appear when I try to send. I added you right after I posted too.

Bshaw718

Smash Cadet
For some reason your name doesn't appear when I try to send. I added you right after I posted too.
same thing happened with me and a friend...try playing him in a quick online match then try to send it, that usually works...

if not then sorry for wasting your time

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Is this thread actually active or w/e? Like If I were to post a few vids and ask for some critique, would I get some within like 2-3 weeks? The pit boards thread is just dead lol. It took... idk how long for someone to hook meh up. but I guess no one really has to...

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
I need the marth 1 critiqued for sure but all the new and old ones need major critism thanks and sasuke im holding the sonic math over you forever[sup dawg heard you like link so we put toon in yo link so you could main toon link]

Pho

Smash Journeyman
K I have some vids of me and my newly made Lunar Knight texture =P. you can't see it but, its coo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljfT8agGKus <---- this one messed up in the begining, kinda funny. Vs. Luigi (never fought one b4 o.o)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7Klh3z1QY4 <---- Vs. Falco (tres annoying)

CRITIQUE PLOX
Sorry for the dp ]=
Against Luigi, you have to zone out his approach from the ground. It's his only way he can close the gap, and it works well if you don't stop it. All of Toon Link's projectiles stop it in it's tracks, so keep in mind of that. On your second stock, you should have been shoryukened as punishment for missing a grab. I never grab against a Luigi, because too many times I've seen failed grabs resulted in a very early death. I like the fancy bomb play, but it didn't really do anything other than put you in a bad spot.

I don't want to critique the Falco, because I felt like he lost the both matches due to a cocky style of play. You shouldn't have won those matches for two reasons:

He spends way too much time racking on damage, and not enough time killing. Over 200% on Smashvile is insane.
He didn't play gay enough.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Lmao, yea he said the same thing when I was fighting him, he said he never goes for the kill, just does a buttload of dmg. easy teaming w/ him.

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
lol hey decoy you mind if i submit my young link vs your oli matches →_→they pretty much prove hyros right.
You mean the ones I got pwned in? Go ahead. Just be sure to send that one match where I got that Usmash to bomb. You should get the infinite replay hack I saved a lot of our matches and will be submitting them >_> pew pew BOM pew THWACK pew.

UncleSam

Smash Master
K I have some vids of me and my newly made Lunar Knight texture =P. you can't see it but, its coo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljfT8agGKus <---- this one messed up in the begining, kinda funny. Vs. Luigi (never fought one b4 o.o)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7Klh3z1QY4 <---- Vs. Falco (tres annoying)

CRITIQUE PLOX

Sorry for the dp ]=
imo you weren't camping hard enough you can't let a good luigi approach you... Pho covered the rest
first kill was priceless
He didn't play gay enough.
I lol'd at this

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Lobos is trying to say the MK TL match up is 70/30 TL.. good shiz lobos.. dont lose to shieks

ninjablah

Smash Cadet
hey sasuke nice thread and nice videos sometimes i stop the video because i cant even see the picture

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
When Diddy throws his bananas towards you, just catch one.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Not that easy my friend. Best thing to do it let it hit your shield then nair or something. If you catch it, your open for a fair or anything.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
They want it to hit your shield. So they can go unpunished.
Just go for it.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
I always air dodge and cstick in the direction I want to throw it back. That is becoming more common, and every character can do it. Diddy mains better watch out.

Ashraf23

Smash Apprentice
wow sasuke your still doing the recording favor?

thats great man im gonna try to get a few matches saved and get back to you in bit, maybe tomorrow, all the vids i got up are pretty old

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Sure.

And I'll take down the old ones if you want me to. You know, if you think they make you look not as good as you are now or whatever.
Up to you.

Ashraf23

Smash Apprentice
Sure.

And I'll take down the old ones if you want me to. You know, if you think they make you look not as good as you are now or whatever.
Up to you.
Eh...take down all the marth ones. Those are too old lol, the Link ones are fine. Ill try to get some more to send to you tomorrow, or maybe even later tonight.

How long do you usually stay on? So i can try to see when the best time for me to get you some of my newer vids is.

Top Bottom