• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Match-up Video and Critique Thread

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Send them whenever you want. I'll probably be awake. haha.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
what is this i dont even sasuke.....me and pj our the same person look at my name go on look go ahead you see it yea hmm sigh i only wish these other guys and maybe girls would critique my TL bsn ._.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
You sent me replays with different names. Ho w was I supposed to know?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
lol I don't even use Sheik.

But still. It's Lobos, so it's okay.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
[troll]

Sheikant will probably miss Pound 4. He was all hyped up with Genesis and a month later after he registered, he dropped off claiming he didn't have the money (even though there were months left), so don't get your hopes up. ;)

[/troll]

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I had money johns and knew I wouldnt be able to get enough money in time for genesis. I WILL make it to pound 4 one way or another. lol.

Well there are a lot of areas in which he can improve. For one, he is spamming attacks that won't work, like F-Smash. Since it has a lot of lag, it can be punished with ease if failed. Toon Links never use F-Smash for that reason. The same with Dair, but your brother didn't use Dair, so it isn't much of a problem.

Also, your brother should learn most of the advanced techniques that TLs do, which can be found here. Start him off with the Quickdraw, and let him experiment with that, followed by the SHDA (Short Hopped Double Arrow). He should also learn how to apply bombs and Zairs into his battles.

Other than that, his TL is way too predictable. I saw him run directly to your traps various times. Up B isn't TL's only recovery move. Toon Link can grapple on to the ledge with Z. There are several techs surrounding that which he can try.

Hope this helps.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
I haven't seen a video from you Shadow in the past three pages. If you want to be a jerk about it, you can forget about me taking a look at it.

MJG

Smash Hero
I haven't seen a video from you Shadow in the past three pages. If you want to be a jerk about it, you can forget about me taking a look at it.
Lol..it doesnt really seem like he was being a "jerk" about it. He just wants to get critiqued like every other toonlink that asks for the same request XD. And you should probably let someone know when you change your name Shadow so that there isn't much confusion.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Lol..it doesnt really seem like he was being a "jerk" about it. He just wants to get critiqued like every other toonlink that asks for the same request XD. And you should probably let someone know when you change your name Shadow so that there isn't much confusion.
i hear ya mjg and sorry pho if i came off as a a-hole and such. my name never changed though its always shadow cept for that pj one....................

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Thanks for commenting on my brother's match. He really appreciates it and he will try to learn some of the advanced tactics that you guys suggestes. If he has any more videos I will be sure to post them here. :)

Oh ya Pho you may know my brother, he went by CC the last tournament. He has gotten better than before though and actually made it out of pools last tourney. lol

Dojo

Smash Champion
Fezz Toonlink vs CO18 King D3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGiWghZQyRc

Comment, critique, and suggestions for my training partner (Fezz)

I think this match is amazing. :D
For some reason his speed on the ground suprised me haha. He was a lot faster than I expected.

recovery is the main issue I think. He needs to work on saving his jump and air dodging more to avoid that foot.

-santi

For some reason his speed on the ground suprised me haha. He was a lot faster than I expected.

recovery is the main issue I think. He needs to work on saving his jump and air dodging more to avoid that foot.

-santi
Agreed. The first death was because of a surprise Bair while he was tethering. There isn't much to critique, since it seems like you already know the match up pretty well. What you could do is try to learn different ways of approaching the ledge.

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
YAY!!! Thanks for all that!
and thanks to curaga for posting this match here!

yea i didnt know the match up at all this is my first time every playing a DDD but im looking into different ways to getting back to the stage.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Fezz, the way I handle GnW is by using my sword majority of the time. Might not work for you but you can atleast try it in a friendly and see. And dont roll so much, gawd if I did that while playing zac T_T ..

Critiquies plz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to-dzXIS0XQ

I already realized alot of things I could have handled better and things I shouldnt have done, but maybe you guys will notice some different things. Thanks mucho =]

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
SoCal edge guarding is pretty gay, huh?

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
You played the match how i would have played the match a few months ago.

your bomb game is a little off you always throw it? you should ibomb or just press Z and drop it.
i think the major this is you needed to be like your tag and relax. its important to know that with your projectiles and sword you control the match. i believe you could have had that match if you would have stayed away alittle more.

You played the match how i would have played the match a few months ago.

your bomb game is a little off you always throw it? you should ibomb or just press Z and drop it.
i think the major this is you needed to be like your tag and relax. its important to know that with your projectiles and sword you control the match. i believe you could have had that match if you would have stayed away alittle more.
Agreed. You were approaching him too often, and it didn't work out all the time. Just stay back and rack up damage, and only approach when you make a safe opening.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I dont play the marth match up campy, its no fun xP.. and ibombing doesnt do much against marth. Well, I take that back, there's some things I can do with it, but didnt think much about it. I'll keep that in mind. As for the rest of my bomb game, i'll look at it, but I'm not into bomb dropping much. I just need to play better next time =]

Ashraf23

Smash Apprentice
I dont play the marth match up campy, its no fun xP.. and ibombing doesnt do much against marth. Well, I take that back, there's some things I can do with it, but didnt think much about it. I'll keep that in mind. As for the rest of my bomb game, i'll look at it, but I'm not into bomb dropping much. I just need to play better next time =]
I never really knew how to use bomb dropping properly is it to stall or set up attacks or what?

Lobos

Smash Master
I never really knew how to use bomb dropping properly is it to stall or set up attacks or what?
Both, if you're in VA you should try to make it to C3 this saturday and I could show you. :)

jerm - you don't really camp marth (a good one atleast) you bait him. It becomes clear once you know the habits. lol fair fair dancing sword....upb......tipper......etc.

Top Bottom