• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Matchup Rediscussion: Marth

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
i love sv. every toon should be good on all the nuetrals becasue most likely ull never play on fd. so i jus take every1 to sv or ps1

Kaffei

Smash Hero
If you're going go SV, watch out for those platform cancels lol, gets me every time :(
I try not to shield whenever Marth is under me and I'm SV's platform cus they PC and grab me and release me into Marth stuff asdflajaldasd ;_;

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Yeah something I forgot to mention for this thread. I'm pretty sure TL nair comes out faster than Marth fsmash. Because I would nair right as I hear him do his fsmash grunt and he would be the one to get damaged. Sooo...keep that in mind.

And KT, by the looks of Jerm's videos, he rolled a few times to get out of trouble situations...so I guess rolling could work vs Marth.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Yeah something I forgot to mention for this thread. I'm pretty sure TL nair comes out faster than Marth fsmash. Because I would nair right as I hear him do his fsmash grunt and he would be the one to get damaged. Sooo...keep that in mind.

And KT, by the looks of Jerm's videos, he rolled a few times to get out of trouble situations...so I guess rolling could work vs Marth.
i meant when he was getting baired offstage

MJG

Smash Hero

Ive rolled vs marth and snake in bad situations. I am gonna try to limit the amount of times that I have to roll vs them though.

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777
rolling is very situational as it can be very punishable. I wouldn't recommend THAT much rolling against marth because imo it can lead to being highly punished against attacks of marths. especially his fsmash and fair.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
i didnt mean never roll. just meant its not good against marth and snake. they can easily punish u if they react to it.

you are better than marth offstage. take advantage of that. hes easiy gimpable

seems every1 played mikehaze. i played him at mlg colombus in a mm. it was close. last game last hit.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Its veryy rare that I want to roll with TL. And I neverrrr try to roll in the snake match up

Hyro

Smash Lord
The only time I ever roll with TL is when if I mess up a pivot grab...it's the ****tiest roll ever lol

I haven't played Mike.

U right KT, Marth is soooo easy to gimp.

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777
The only time I ever roll with TL is when if I mess up a pivot grab...it's the ****tiest roll ever lol

I haven't played Mike.

U right KT, Marth is soooo easy to gimp.
what about when snake does his dgrab?

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
any snake will tell u never roll behind then wit toon link. its a free ftilt. ally told me this

but sometimes u gotta do wat u gotta do. theres no answer for this. jus hope for the best and mix it up

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777
i dont like rolling behind snake because typically(especially on wifi)you will eat a fsmash because of Tinks crappy roll.

Azuraith

Smash Apprentice
what about when snake does his dgrab?
like MJG said.... dont get grabbed. as a toonlink player we shouldnt be getting grabbed that often, considering were in the air 70+% of the timeXD. also since we camp and spam it makes it harder for them to grab unless they power shield everything which slows down their movements anyway.

regardless! this is the martu MU discussion not snake. so lets talk marth!

MJG

Smash Hero
Marth 50:50: Getting back on stage vs Marth is obnoxious. This princ(ess) is not too bad to deal with but (she) he will put up a fight.

Things to keep mind:

Try to not stay in Marth’s tipper range. This is hard since TLs are used to trying to space all their moves. If Marth stops using dancing blade while your shield is up, you can Nair or Grab marth OoS before he can do anything else. This is only the case if he continues to use Dancing Blade after the second slash.

-Zair: Rising zair out ranges everything marth has. Use this move if you feel like you need to reset things during the match.

“Bait marth into making openings for you to attack. Camp the lead since he doesn’t have a projectile. Don’t airdodge too much, and only attack from really close or far rang.e Marth ***** mid range and be careful when you grab. Most of marth’s moveset has no lag, and our grab is slow.”

Stages: FD, SV, PS1. Halberd

Ban: YI, BF, Lylat.

Top Bottom