• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Q&A and FAQ Thread <- VISIT THIS THREAD BEFORE CREATING A NEW TOPIC

This is a copy/pasta from FioD's thread.

You do a Sliding Jab, only instead of a Jab you use a D-smash and to reverse it, you simply tilt Backwards just before you Hit D-smash. So it's Run, Pivot, Tilt Backwards and Hit D-smash just as your coming out of the Pivot.

A~Kid/ToonethLinkage

Wants His Own Custom Title
Bad news. In the current tournament placings list, we've dropped. And certain characters are above us that should NEVER be above us. We're in 18th and LINK is RIGHT below us. LINK FOR GODS SAKE! Also, Sonic is right above Donkey Kong, which is right above us. Now Donkey Kong is sorta not bad but SONIC?!?!?!?!??! WTF?!?!?! Toon Link mains, we need to step it up a notch. This should not have happened. So for the next one of these, lets make sure we're in at least 13th place, above Sonic and Donkey Kong. :)

BTW I would help but I don't g to tourneys so don't turn this on me by saying "Oh why don't you go and help" or something like that.

EDIT: I didn't know where to put this, so I just posted this here. Feel free to infract me, or ban me. :)

MJG

Smash Hero
Bad news. In the current tournament placings list, we've dropped. And certain characters are above us that should NEVER be above us. We're in 18th and LINK is RIGHT below us. LINK FOR GODS SAKE! Also, Sonic is right above Donkey Kong, which is right above us. Now Donkey Kong is sorta not bad but SONIC?!?!?!?!??! WTF?!?!?! Toon Link mains, we need to step it up a notch. This should not have happened. So for the next one of these, lets make sure we're in at least 13th place, above Sonic and Donkey Kong. :)

BTW I would help but I don't g to tourneys so don't turn this on me by saying "Oh why don't you go and help" or something like that.

EDIT: I didn't know where to put this, so I just posted this here. Feel free to infract me, or ban me. :)

Lol
10lols

Toonlink will be alright ^_^

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Well, it's because Sonic mains actually get work done on their boards to try and make him a better character and a threat at tournements.

A~Kid/ToonethLinkage

We are getting work done, just very slowly. lol And there are some ******** threads every now and there and some dumb posts (mines included) but we get the work done. We should speed up the rediscussions if you ask me, like the Marth boards. I lurk them a lot and they finish rediscussions in like 2 days. lol

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The Marth boards actually talk about what to do in the match up, lmao. Not like here where poeple just throw out ratios with no back up. Even I gave up on MU discussions because of the posters here.

"even match up is even"
^
useless post that doesn't help us know the match up any better

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I don't care about fast, But getting useful work done at all would be nice. xD

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I found something with TL idk if I want to share it. After I use it in my next tournament and I record it I guess I will.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I'm not telling you when I found with Uair a while ago then. ;)

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Well, its just that Im unsure how to do it, its not something revolutionary and I did it on accident. Just gives u more control of down air after an attack.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I found something with TL idk if I want to share it. After I use it in my next tournament and I record it I guess I will.
C'mon Sheikant. You can't just say, I found something and then expect us to wait. You shouldn't have said anything at all unless you were prepared to spill it. But it's too late now. So what is it? Ok, if you really don't want to say anything just yet, how about you PM me so I can help you test stuff? OMG! It's Grabbing with a Bomb isn't it!!!! XD, yeah I'm sorry Sasuke if this sparks some more pointless discusion on it.
So what do you say Sheikant?

I have one. But it isnt uploaded thanks to Yoshq and Twink taking like forever to upload them.
I tried to capture them. My old capture card broke, and my bro thought it would be a great idea to by a cheap $8 chinese capture card from eBay. I tried to use it, and the thing sucks. It records smaller than 100x100, it drops frames, the audio bitrate sucks, AND you have to let it warm up. It records worse than a camera phone from 2003.

Whatever. Just be greatful that I'm uploading the matches. I didn't have to, but I'm doing it because your my TL buddy.

--

A~Kid: There is no known way to do that. However, you could make it go further and faster. Cancelling lag is, as of now, is impossible. Doesn't mean you shouldn't go try!

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Dang, there's still stuff to discover? :)
More control of Down air after an attack. Interesting...

HYPE! :psycho:

A~Kid/ToonethLinkage

IDK if its my controller but I feel as if I should share.

You know when your so close to the ground when you try to do an Up air that it just does the animation for a split second and then it just cancels and no landing lag is involved? Yeah whenever I do THAT it AUTOMATICALLY buffers a freaking Usmash after I land...

I don't know why, I seriously don't move my fingers so it would do an Usmash, it does it by itself. Any thoughts on why this happens? Could it be my bum*** controller?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
C'mon Sheikant. You can't just say, I found something and then expect us to wait. You shouldn't have said anything at all unless you were prepared to spill it. But it's too late now. So what is it? Ok, if you really don't want to say anything just yet, how about you PM me so I can help you test stuff? OMG! It's Grabbing with a Bomb isn't it!!!! XD, yeah I'm sorry Sasuke if this sparks some more pointless discusion on it.
So what do you say Sheikant?
Ill wait till the vid where I did it is uploaded.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Does Jash have ANY recent TL vids of him that aren't slide shows?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Is it possible to autocancel Toon Link's F-Air? I tried it but it doesn't really seem like it..

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Of course it is possible. It is also possible to autocancel upair too in many ways. The only non autocancellable TL aerial is dair because of its properties.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Oh sorry, I forgot to say Fair is autocancellable out of a short hop. Upair is autocancellable out of a Full hop or getting back to the stage with a ledgehop.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Oh sorry, I forgot to say Fair is autocancellable out of a short hop. Upair is autocancellable out of a Full hop or getting back to the stage with a ledgehop.
Do I have to FF the Fair after Short hopping? So SHFF Fair?

Top Bottom