• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Links at MLG

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
yea so mlg is in less than two days. Anyone change their minds and are actually going now?

Lobos said hes prolly gonna go. anyone else?

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
dang...i got 65th :(

I had a bye first round and then I beat ajax who is some snake from california i think.

As for who i lost to. I lost to a snake player from florida that I have been beating consistently for over 10-15 matches in the past including MM and never lost to. Someone actually managed to get in my head for that set and I lost track of c4s and explosives etc etc and lost stocks in really dumb ways >.>

Then I had to fight CO18 sometime later and he definitely learned the toon link matchup after losing to chip a while back. Regardless though first match it was even. And then i took him to PS1 and the match was once again even till there was a minute left and he took the stock from me just as the windmill appeared and he camped for however long that windmill is there and all i could do was wait. Hes D3 is way too good.

I did however get some intense friendlies with ppl. I wrecked 2 MKs from the west coast (dont remember their names). did some work to chu kirby and beat him kinda badly. went even with malcolms wario and snakee zss.

Im probably going to colombus this time around and I learned a very valuable lesson when it comes to tournaments. And that is to play with headphones.

This was definitely an amazing experience and all you guys really need to make it to the colombus one. Its worth it!

Look forward to seeing you all there and sorry for doing pretty bad with the toon :(

CTX

Smash Journeyman
Eh this may be difficult, but if possible see if the TV has a headphone and regular audio output option. Some TV's will be able to have a plug in for headphones and it will still allow for regular audio output. That way the only thing you could hear would be the sounds coming from the TV...

Also, sound helps against metaknight...A LOT.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I like headphones regardless of the character. People shouting and talking in the background distracts me too much

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Playing with Head Phones is good BUT!!!

Not vs snake. You need to be able to hear whats going when playing against snake.
not necessarily true. His pose he takes when igniting C4 is very telegraphed and easy to read. Infact he says "now" just after he starts the animation for it.

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
The way I see it, is that if ppl are gonna be loud, you cant hear the game anyway so I might as well just have headphones and not have to listen to ppl. Sucks vs snake but whatevs.

CTX

Smash Journeyman
Personally I love the hype. I love getting a crowd behind me, whether its against or for me

Competition in general, whether it has been sports, video games, cards, or anything else, has brought out the best in me.

QUIVO

Smash Master
People at my local tournaments always tell me to do something cool. I give in and listen.. and fail miserably

I know we had this conversation ~mjg~, but I could've sworn you broke your arm.

Man my memory is bad.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Well so far I know...

Tyrant > Kingtoon
Quivo > Wakka
Quivo < Lain
Jash > Mvd
Jash < Ally

didn't even know jash went

Hyro

Smash Lord
Yeah i think that was losers...

Esam vs lee hype

san beat richbrown what the ef its an ike lol

So all the Toons are out I think.

Jash lost to Ally then Dojo.
Quivo lost to Lain in Losers I think.
Kingtoon's name doesn't appear anywhere, so he must be out.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Lee beats esam and moves on to tearbear, played him a ton before he left, sooooooo gay lol

Top Bottom