• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link's Match-up Discussions Directory (Old)

MJG

Smash Hero
Lol...I would bet that 90% of the TL mains would agree that Falco is worse to play against than Sonic.

Sonic plays differently yes but its not like we have to deal with him in such a ridiculous manor like we do vs Falco. Even with good Sonic's Playing Good Toon links (ex. Espy vs Jerm) its not extremely bad. Just takes awhile.

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
Yeah falco is pretty much awful. Sonic is less pressing than other MUs, imo. He'll need to get talked up eventually, but filling in the high tier blanks is a more important objective. As far as low tiers go, I'd say Mario and sonic would be the first two to talk about. (there's like 6 ******* Mario mains in Indiana.**** is obnoxious)

We covered a lot of the high tiers multiple times in the past though, and a lot of things haven't changed either. If we rediscuss them now, we're probably gonna get the same responses as before (watch out for grenades, Grab after shielding MK's Dsmash, etc.).

I think we should start discussing lower tiered characters, even though the higher tiers are the most important ones.

MJG

Smash Hero
We covered a lot of the high tiers multiple times in the past though, and a lot of things haven't changed either. If we rediscuss them now, we're probably gonna get the same responses as before (watch out for grenades, Grab after shielding MK's Dsmash, etc.).

I think we should start discussing lower tiered characters, even though the higher tiers are the most important ones.
Or...we can just work are way down the tier list from falco.

They are more of a threat than low tiers for the most part (unless the TL players spacing sucks).

I think we should just look at the list in the OP and fill in the blanks.

If we were to go down the current tier list starting from Falco, we would basically be doing rediscussions for ICs, Marth, Wario, DDD, Pikachu, Olimar, Lucario, and Game and Watch before we hit someone new (Pit).

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I also think we need to get into the mid tiers, but like mjg said, some characters are outdated , I think doin diddy again wouldn't hurt, and I definitely agree ZSS and pit need attention. And toon link. I hear that MU is hard as balls.

CTX

Smash Journeyman
*cough* use a poll and have it last for a few days to see what people want to discuss *cough*

Kaffei

Smash Hero
*cough* use a poll and have it last for a few days to see what people want to discuss *cough*

We did this with Sheikant, and it worked pretty well.

I support that idea, starting with 2 at a time.

CTX

Smash Journeyman
Can we discuss Wolf and Fox after the current discussions?

Top Bottom