• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toonami Mafia - Adult Swim Edition - The sun has risen!

Detective Prince.

Smash Rookie
I'm conflicted if you want me to be honest. I don't trust Gheb, but my read on TBG isn't really developed. I have some reason to cast suspicion on him, but I want to see what Gheb does. I don't really want to throw this day away like that however, so if something came up I would change my mind. Perhaps I should re-read.

What do you think of asianaussie's defeatist attitude to this lynch, compared to PJB's defiance?

.L-

EEOS
I'm conflicted if you want me to be honest. I don't trust Gheb, but my read on TBG isn't really developed. I have some reason to cast suspicion on him, but I want to see what Gheb does. I don't really want to throw this day away like that however, so if something came up I would change my mind. Perhaps I should re-read.
Perhaps instead of weighing on who is more or less trustworthy (i.e., town) between other parties in the game, you should know that you know YOUR alignment.

If you are town pushing a lynch is, by definition, not a scum play.

If you don't trust Gheb, don't have a full read on TGB, why would you be against an unknown choosing the lynch? Worst case scenario you have another person you don't trust pushing a lynch on someone you don't understand.

Why haven't you pushed for your scum reads in opposition to this? There is obviously no way Gheb can push a TGB lynch unless we want him to do so.

What do you think of asianaussie's defeatist attitude to this lynch, compared to PJB's defiance?
Potentially telling. Currently just assigning it to character traits, but definitely are marks that can be reviewed later.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The main problem I have with having the replacement becoming "king" is that he is still not actually the king. We still need a voting majorty and in this game everybody is entitled to their own vote. If somebody didn't follow the king's "order" I wouldn't be able to hold that against him. I don't think it will work and don't see enough pros behind it. Maybe you can help me here?

:059:

Detective Prince.

Smash Rookie
Perhaps instead of weighing on who is more or less trustworthy (i.e., town) between other parties in the game, you should know that you know YOUR alignment.

If you are town pushing a lynch is, by definition, not a scum play.

If you don't trust Gheb, don't have a full read on TGB, why would you be against an unknown choosing the lynch? Worst case scenario you have another person you don't trust pushing a lynch on someone you don't understand.

Why haven't you pushed for your scum reads in opposition to this? There is obviously no way Gheb can push a TGB lynch unless we want him to do so.

Potentially telling. Currently just assigning it to character traits, but definitely are marks that can be reviewed later.
Hm. If you put it that way, perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea. I just hope you're not pulling my leg, but you likely won't give me a straight answer right now.

Bolded, I don't really have one. I have my town-reads and then there is just a ton of tossups. I asked you about aa and PJB because I didn't really care for his response to this whole thing. His sudden frustration about this didn't seem warranted, even if he scumreads Gheb. He seemed really focused about this TOM thing. He can feel free to intrude with our conversation.

.L-

EEOS
The main problem I have with having the replacement becoming "king" is that he is still not actually the king. We still need a voting majorty and in this game everybody is entitled to their own vote. If somebody didn't follow the king's "order" I wouldn't be able to hold that against him. I don't think it will work and don't see enough pros behind it. Maybe you can help me here?

So you're for it! Good. That's the plan then.

TBG

Smash Cadet
People still think I'm a decent lynch? @last paragraph? I thought that idea was exclusively entertained by double-digits like the people who are already voting me. Do you really think I'm actually in danger of getting lynched toDay?

@First paragraph

That doesn't change the fact that nobody has considered the possibility that a TOM lynch could help town and that trying to lynch him is no way anti-town behavior. It's anti-sheep, anti-convention, anti-tool behavior - that's why most people don't like it. But it should not be suspicious.

Who do you think we should lynch toDay? Does me being "opportunistic" make me the best lynch? Does it make me the only viable lynch?

The only people that have garnered any form of traction are you myself/inactives. Whether you're considered a decent lynch/in danger right now
or not, I don't know, but you certainly were before my wagon picked up.

Lynching literally anyone in this game could help town. It's a matter of how likely it is to do so, rather than hurt. Blindly speculating that TOMlynch might help Town with nothing substantial (and no, you haven't posted anything substantial) to back it up is silly.

Oh, hell if I know. I've been up for like a million hours at this point, I never really got into the game, and we've got **** to go on. I suppose it does. No.

Anyway, I'll support the kingmaker idea as well.

.L-

EEOS

TGB, DP, Gheb all for it.

Anyone against it? Raziek, what do you think?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm alright with it I suppose.

Is deadline going to hit before replacement is found or is the day going until one is?

:phone:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Given that replacements are proving hard to find, I'm going to decide this:

I will keep searching for a replacement but the game will continue regardless. As a result of the confusion caused by this, I am extending the game by 48 hours so you guys have more time.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
L, what's your alternative solution to using the replacement as our king?

.L-

EEOS
You're starting to become boring and unfunny.

That's cool. I'm gonna talk with my other head, not sure if I'm ready to reveal yet.

I personally don't have one single lynch that I'd put over others, but I'd be down for a whole slew of lynches at the moment.

These guys have been non-existant, so much that the Overswarm half has roughly the same or more posts than they do:
4. asianaussie
7. KevinM
8. TBG
9. Terywj

These guys have both played as if they know more info than they should:
12. Raziek
13. Gheb_01

There's more to the above list but I don't want to tip my hand just yet without talking to the other head.

What do you think of the daykiller, Gheb?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I love how you completely exclude the option of me being town. Why can mafia or indy gain something from a TOM lynch but town can't? That completely unobjective "logic" and the fact that "he is either indy or mafia"-line is uttered more often by mafia than by anybody else ... in addition to possible connections to Kantrip all add up to you being pretty scummy yourself.

I've already stated why I don't think you could be town. The whole "hey, let's lynch TOM" thing just reeks of "I know something you don't know", and a townie wouldn't know something I don't know. If they did, they'd tell the rest of town about it.

Ya know what piece of information you DID share, though? You told everybody "there's a lie in somebody's role pm". Something that Kantrip (flipped scum) has already tried to use to waste the day with more discussion about Raz's role PM.

.L-

EEOS
I've already stated why I don't think you could be town. The whole "hey, let's lynch TOM" thing just reeks of "I know something you don't know", and a townie wouldn't know something I don't know. If they did, they'd tell the rest of town about it.

Ya know what piece of information you DID share, though? You told everybody "there's a lie in somebody's role pm". Something that Kantrip (flipped scum) has already tried to use to waste the day with more discussion about Raz's role PM.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What do you think of the daykiller, Gheb?
If it's actually a player and not some janky game-mechanic I would have to assume he's indy. A townie has no reason to kill Ryu with the info we had at the time. A mafioso has no reason to kill his buddy Kantrip. From a balance point of view it would even make sense to generally disable Night Action and give an SK the ability to circumvent it through Day Actions.

And the more I talk about it the more I get around to wonder whether the killer and the guy who prevents NAs from occuring may actually be working together. Or maybe I'm just getting paranoid.

.L-

EEOS
If it's actually a player and not some janky game-mechanic I would have to assume he's indy. A townie has no reason to kill Ryu with the info we had at the time. A mafioso has no reason to kill his buddy Kantrip. From a balance point of view it would even make sense to generally disable Night Action and give an SK the ability to circumvent it through Day Actions.

And the more I talk about it the more I get around to wonder whether the killer and the guy who prevents NAs from occuring may actually be working together. Or maybe I'm just getting paranoid.

.L-

EEOS
Does anyone else have a thought as to who the Day serial killer is?

Raziek, since you are accused by Gheb, what is your thought on this?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Explain please.
- Saying "Let's lynch TOM" does not imply I have knowledge that you don't have. Not in the slightest. I know nothing about TOM other than that he can be voted.
- Why would a townie not know something another townie does? I've straight-up claimed that my role PM has given me pieces of information and now it suddenly becomes a problem? It's perfectly possible that one townie knows more than another townie. And it's just as possible that he doesn't think it's worth sharing [note that this isn't actually the case though - I've shared all the additional information that my role PM has given me; TOM is not mentioned once in it btw].

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Does anyone else have a thought as to who the Day serial killer is?

Raziek, since you are accused by Gheb, what is your thought on this?
Just to avoid confusion: I did not accuse Raziek of being the Day killer. I didn't even accuse him of volunteerly working together with the killer or them being aligned together. Bad wording on my part.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm not at all concerned about the fact that he's accused me (which I don't think he has), because I can see why he would, from his position. My role is assholish to the fourth degree.

If I was King, I'd shoot Gheb, because I don't trust his pushes and it would give me a load of connections, as pretty much everyone weighed in on the TOM lynch idea.

I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out who on the playerlist would shoot Kantrip and Red Ryu.

Kantrip I can see. I saw the tells myself. But Red Ryu? Razzafrazzadoesn'tmakesense.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
You know nothing about TOM other than he can be voted. Ok, he can be voted. In Ghebland, people who can be voted should.. automatically be voted? No, you had another reason for suggesting his lynch. Then the moment you were questioned on it, you immediately turned to "ok then guys, how about we just lynch an inactive instead?" That looks no good to me.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What connections would the opinions on the TOM push give you? I'm going to flip town and you will learn nothing. If I were to flip scum you wouldn't learn anything either. This game is about hunting scum, not making me look like the bad guy.

And for what it's worth I've dropped the TOM issue long ago and have moved beyond that. *You* are the ones who keep mentioning him, not I.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
"But guys, I only wanted to waste our lynch EARLIER, not now!"

You make it sound as if dropping the issue because EVERYONE disagreed with you somehow makes the fact that you pushed it less gross.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You know nothing about TOM other than he can be voted. Ok, he can be voted. In Ghebland, people who can be voted should.. automatically be voted? No, you had another reason for suggesting his lynch. Then the moment you were questioned on it, you immediately turned to "ok then guys, how about we just lynch an inactive instead?" That looks no good to me.
You, sir, are on crack.

I've suggested a TOM lynch because it's a viable option. If TOM is an actual entity then he is not pro-town. The facts aka the game mechanics confirm this.

I did *not* turn to inactives "immediately". I didn't even vote TBG for inactivity, that's like 1/4th of the story. Right now I'm not even sure about lynching him, I'm strongly inclined to switch to you.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
"But guys, I only wanted to waste our lynch EARLIER, not now!"

You make it sound as if dropping the issue because EVERYONE disagreed with you somehow makes the fact that you pushed it less gross.
It's not gross if you can count 1+1 together. I'm sorry for asking this much of you.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
TBG chimed in when Red Ryu was talking about Vig baits at the start of the game (confirmation phase).

Inclined to believe Indy may have shot Ruy on suspicion of him being a vig. Reading further into it.

Stay mad Gheb.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And once again you guys have successfully derailed our attempts to actually find a good solution for toDay by beckpedaling out entire progress into something we were done with days ago. But I am the bad guy, right?

Quit being such ********, ******** tools.

Top Bottom