• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toonami Mafia - Adult Swim Edition - The sun has risen!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Getting more and more ok with a TBG lynch as I read Kantrip's early posts, there's a lot of super-vague distancing attacks on TBG by Kantrip. (99)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Raziek, do you think Kantrips comment potentially incriminate PJB? Asdioh doesn't think so IIRC but I do. Could we lynch PJB toDay?

:059:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Potentially, but not significantly enough for me to want to at the moment.

Gheb, I cannot in good conscience overlook the fact that you voted TOM IMMEDIATELY after the game started.

Like, 3rd post. You voted KevinM in your first, then voted TOM.

Why did you even think to try that?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Oh hey look at that.

I know why Ruy died. His first post was a vote on Kantrip, and he flipped Town Scanner.

$5 on Ruy Daycop.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Potentially, but not significantly enough for me to want to at the moment.

Gheb, I cannot in good conscience overlook the fact that you voted TOM IMMEDIATELY after the game started.

Like, 3rd post. You voted KevinM in your first, then voted TOM.

Why did you even think to try that?
Because I read the flavor and was immediately reminded of Chaco's LoD Screw mafia. Just read the beginning of it gogdamned.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Good question.

The Ruy shot only makes sense if it was mafia shooting. Indy has no reason to shoot Ruy based on that post.

The explanation I'm mostly likely to go with is multiple shooters, actually.

Mafia shooting Ruy, then Indy/Town shooting Kantrip.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
ALSO, I got tired of you bringing it up, so I actually went back and read D1 of LoDScrew.

You're ****ing full of **** dude. Literally the only parallel is that there's a moderator "figure", and there are numerous games that have had a narrator tell the game's progression.

What was so drastically different in that game was that the mod RESPONDED to the votes placed on him by revealing rules that I presume had not been entirely revealed at the start of the game.

Nothing that's happened in THIS game suggests that it would work even close to the same way and I'm honestly calling BS that you drew a parallel that quickly.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Asdioh's 215 noticed what I found on my re-read, that Ruy's Kantrip vote very quickly preceded his death.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ok, I'm done re-reading D1 and early D2 up to Kantrip's death.

I want Gheb dead. I do not trust him. I don't like Kantrip's interactions with him. I do not like ANY of his push directions.

Kill it with fire.

.L-

EEOS
Gheb you seem to be in trouble

anything you got to tell us?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
by that I mean I thought you were making fun of me because that's what I pushed at the start of the game and I thought you remembered that lol

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm a vanilla townie.

Raziek can not be trusted. It's hard to tell whether it's his stupidity, him disliking me or him being scum leads him into doing this. His claim does not clear him and his play is not pro-town. Question him and don't let him off the hook.

L has not done a single thing that has been pro-town so far. Don't let it slide, guys. It's not like any you guys will figure him out anyway if he's scum. None of you has the capability to do that. If this guy is scum town has lost ... unless you keep me alive that is but even here I can't trust town to make the right decision.

I think PJB is scum, I think TBG is scum but I can't exclude Asdioh and L from my potential scum pool at this rate. Oh, and you're letting Asdioh, KevinM, TBG and AA get away with actively making this game borderline impossible to play. All of them have been exceedingly counter-productive to the point where scumhunting has become a guessing game. Of course, you've guessed wrong.

You can lynch your brightest light toDay but you will also secure your loss that way. At least it's painless for me. See you tomorrow if you decide to make an intelligent decision. See you all as losers if you decide to lynch me!

Gheb can you summarize the information in your role PM for me once more?
My role PM tells me that there is a lie in somebody's role PM and that everything can be "pierced" by something.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You know I'm not scum though. It's not like my lynch can't be avoided. But tbh I've given up on this town anyway. Some things are too terrible to be true.

Detective Prince.

Smash Rookie
I voted you not only for that terrible post and haphazard claim, but something me and Sword agreed upon. Allow me to paraphrase.

We feel like Gheb is scum mostly on meta and how he has approached this game. It's not so much that his plan to lynch TOM is asinine (and we think it is), but rather the wording of his posts that bugs us. Everytime he's scum he tries to go out of his way to "look" helpful by making really generic points like "We need to pressure in actives guys!" and "We can't really blame TGB for hammering guys!" If Gheb was town, we feel he would do more than just that. Gheb would have salt tunneled someone by now, but instead he's trying too hard to be careful. His post right above this doesn't make me change my mind, only solidify what we feel. Among all other things, we also feel his focus on "general" things like "inactives" just doesn't read genuine. What we would consider genuine is for him to actually be focusing on individual players, because that shows that his head is actually in the game. We weren't certain on TBG for the hammer but after looking back and seeing how everything has played out, we feel our argument holds merit.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
How many times did I say we need to pressure inactive players ... Once? Twice? Considering that using meta on me has a reliably high rate of failure you don't even have a decent argument. Oh wellz.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The sad part is that you will all turn around and blame me for this mislynch rather than at looking at yourself. That is the tragedy of dGames!

.L-

EEOS
I voted you not only for that terrible post and haphazard claim, but something me and Sword agreed upon. Allow me to paraphrase.

We feel like Gheb is scum mostly on meta and how he has approached this game. It's not so much that his plan to lynch TOM is asinine (and we think it is), but rather the wording of his posts that bugs us. Everytime he's scum he tries to go out of his way to "look" helpful by making really generic points like "We need to pressure in actives guys!" and "We can't really blame TGB for hammering guys!" If Gheb was town, we feel he would do more than just that. Gheb would have salt tunneled someone by now, but instead he's trying too hard to be careful. His post right above this doesn't make me change my mind, only solidify what we feel. Among all other things, we also feel his focus on "general" things like "inactives" just doesn't read genuine. What we would consider genuine is for him to actually be focusing on individual players, because that shows that his head is actually in the game. We weren't certain on TBG for the hammer but after looking back and seeing how everything has played out, we feel our argument holds merit.

I had a similar conversation.

The sad part is that you will all turn around and blame me for this mislynch rather than at looking at yourself. That is the tragedy of dGames!

A truly skilled mafia player adapts to his environment and plays accordingly. Only a fool expects everyone else to conform to his standards. You'd think you would have learned that after Liar game, Gheb.

You could modkill yourself again to save us the trouble.

I'm still going to wait on that replacement though.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
sorely wishing i'd asked to hydra w/somebody

im going to roll with the kingmaker idea, because a) im lazy and b) im busy

no use speculating on whether daykills are town or scum, either the shots are randomly bouncing or vig gun gets passed

i see the reasons for pushing gheb lynch but again, so much of the evidence seems meta-based and i dont enjoy blindly trusting meta unless there is no other lynch option

a townie wouldn't know something I don't know. If they did, they'd tell the rest of town about it.
hmm

random thing i picked up while skimming, i dont like this, it implies and/or assumes too much...

TBG

Smash Cadet
random thing i picked up while skimming, i dont like this, it implies and/or assumes too much...
Not to me. Helpful things are either public information to the Town, or should be made so asap. If he had role info that TOM was Anti-Town, he should have outed it D1.

Apparently he's claiming VT though?.....

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
He claims VT, but his pm tells him "that there is a lie in somebody's role PM and that everything can be "pierced" by something."

That kind of information is not usually in Vanilla role pms. That's an informed role.

.L-

EEOS
He claims VT, but his pm tells him "that there is a lie in somebody's role PM and that everything can be "pierced" by something."

That kind of information is not usually in Vanilla role pms. That's an informed role.
You are correct in that roles that seem to have more information than they let on generally do, and 99.99% of the time it is most beneficial for town to just let that information out into the open (which we gave plenty of opportunities for).

You are incorrect in that informed roles aren't also referred to as "VT". Several games use vanilla townies in such a manner.

TBG

Smash Cadet
VT at all I find is an incredibly strange role in a ******* game. What really bothers me is that he's assuming his VT status is 100% true when he's told there's a lie in a role PM. If I had that role, one of my first thoughts would be that the lie PM could be mine, but he's made no mention of that possibility.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yo. I'm glad there is only 17 pages even though we are in Day 2.

Mod: Do I get a few extra days to catch up?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
A truly skilled mafia player adapts to his environment and plays accordingly. Only a fool expects everyone else to conform to his standards.
I apologize for being unable to cut my IQ down to half in order to "reach" the level of the other players.

.L-

EEOS
I apologize for being unable to cut my IQ down to half in order to "reach" the level of the other players.

You don't have to apologize to anyone but yourself. It's your own personal failing that you're unable to play outside of a very strict environment, not ours.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's actually debatable. I'd also disagree with my environment being "strict". Since mafia is a game that somewhat requires the players to use their own brains and draw correct conclusions in order to win ... I don't think it's too much asked when I expect more than one or two players to actually be able to so.

Top Bottom