• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Favorite Pokemon

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Random thing I'm doing... but have we done a Top 10 Pokemon list here? I wanna know everyones list :) If you don't have a top 10, you can reduce it to how many you want.

You may provide reasons as well!

My Top 10 Pokemon!

10. Charizard

He's placed high on the list for reasons you may already know. Yes, he's a popular Pokemon and to many, overrated, but I do truly like his design. He was the first Poke I chose from my Red version. His roles in the anime and especially the first and third movie will always keep him somewhere in my Top 10. Not to mention both of his Mega's are crazy awesome.

9. Ampharos

I've always liked this things design. Before Mega Evolution was a thing I always thought it really was dragon or serpent like. Although when it did become dragon type it wasn't exactly what I had in mind aesthetically, it still was one! Ampharos is the Pikachu I would choose if my name was Ash Ketchum.

8. Yanmega

This Pokemon was my savior in 4th gen. Got me through most of the tougher in game fights. With its signature Speed Boost ability, fearing any powerful Poke that came out next was a thing of the past. Competitvely, I still value this Poke greatly. However, I tend to use its other ability, Tinted Lens, as its been much more useful than the latter. Speed Boost rarely ever gets useful after the second one and a Scarfed Yanmega may prove superior. Great coverage like Air Slash, Bug Buzz, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Ancient Power, and even Giga Drain make him a threat. Despite the Stealth Rock weakness, he'll always be up in the list.

7. Scolipede

Bug Pokemon always had the short end of the stick. Scolipede was the first step out of that. He's not incredibly strong, but he can definitely hold his own in an OU environment. More specifically, Defensive Scolipede is my favorite variation. Max Hp and Defense allows him to take moderately strong super effective hits with ease while still being able to dish out damage himself. He has great coverage in Megahorn, Poison Jab, Rock Slide, and Earthquake. Scolipede himself may be a secret counter to Azumarill. He can literally switch in for free. Despite that, Defensive Scolipede isn't about his damage output, it's the fact that he is a helluva Baton Passer. Along with its great Ability Speed Boost, it also learns Swords Dance. Alone with one setup it can take on threats by itself, but if things get dicey, Baton Pass out! One of my favorite Pokemon ever. It's design is one of the best I've seen as well, although it's much smaller in appearance from X and Y standards.

6. Cradily

The weird typing is awesome. As a wall it's not the greatest, but it's still my favorite. It learns Stealth Rock, Leech Seed, Recover, Giga Drain, etc. Couple that with its ability Storm Drain and it CAN become a big threat to your opponent. Design wise, I find it very appealing. It's a sea plant that died long ago. All in all, this is basically a worse, but sexier Ferrothorn. Cradily is one of the Poke's I want to see get a Mega Evolution.

5. Goodra

I always like Dragonite's cute disposition. But then Goodra was born. Besides his slick appearance, he is one of my favorite walls. Rain Dance, Rest, Thunder, Draco Meteor with the Ability Hydration is my favorite set in a Rain Team. Holding a Damp Rock, Goodra becomes literally unstoppable to Special Attackers. He can just rest up after taking some hits and be good as new to give you some 100% accurate Thunders. Draco Meteor is STAB and an extremely powerful attack that will usually deplete half a bar to anything neutral to it. Goodra is not limited to Rain teams however, it can do well in many situations from being physically Defensive with the Ability Gooey, or even physically offensive with its very wide movepool. Definitely one of my favorites.

4. Rayquaza

This Poke just exudes power. It has infinite potential with all the sets it can run and it just looks like it will destroy something just for the fun of it. Back when I took my Pokemon hiatus I came back into 3rd gen, specifically Emerald. Rayquaza quickly became my favorite Pokemon at the time. Once I had him, everything was way too easy which admittedly thought was what fun was back when I was a kid. I have Rayquaza to thank for getting all my Pokes to level 100.

3. Salamence

You may have noticed a lot of 3rd Gen Pokes in my list. That's because 3rd gen is my favorite. Salamence is another one that exudes power. His menacing appearance is what puts him in my list. It has two great abilities, one to help its survival, and another to destroy the opposer. Both of which I have. In fact, I have 4 different Salamence each having a different role. Hydro Pump, Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, Earthquake with Moxie and Choice Scarf is my personal favorite. With Hydro Pump, Gliscor will be surprised when he gets called out.

2. Mewtwo

What? Don't hate. He is possibly even more overrated than Charizard himself but I love him for other reasons. 1st off, I liked him before I knew about his popularity. His movie really sold it to me. His elegant yet fearsome voice, his Psychic powers, his powerful alien design. Coupled with the fact he is from my favorite Pokemon movie of all time, and not just for nostalgic reasons, he earns this number 2 spot. Competitively, I never use him in the Uber tier. His Mega form designs are lame, but his presence beyond the game is why he's here. His Pokemon Card, his Movie, his inclusion in Melee. Mewtwo is my favorite Legendary of all time.

1. Sceptile

I remember stating my love for 3rd Gen. Well, here it is. My number one favorite Pokemon of all time is Sceptile. He was my starter, and also me league winner. Competively, I ALWAYS try to find a way to add him in, whether it be his Physical or Special set. I was super lucky to breed one with Hidden Power Ice as well. Dragons like Garchomp, Dragonite, Salamence, and Noivern have to think twice before talking poop to Sceptile. Design wise, I think he looks awesome. He's also another Poke I think looks Dragon like as well as a Pokemon I wanna see get a Mega Evolution. Grass/Dragon anyone? Yes. The set I typically run is Giga Drain, Leaf Storm, Hidden Power Ice, and Focus Blast holding a Life Orb. Giga Drain is used to heal off any damage from the Life Orb while Leaf Storm adds that extra kick for the likes of Rotom Wash or other grass weak Pokes. HP Ice comes in handy for arrogant Dragon Types and Focus Blast takes care of Steel types. If Sceptile were a little more Bulky it could definitely make it out there in the OU environment. Sceptile is indeed my favorite Pokemon of all time.

Honorable mentions.

Nidoking, Arcanine, Slowbro, Cloyster, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mew, Pinsir, Heracross, Scyther, Scizor, Skarmory, Kingdra, Kingler, Lugia, Gardevoir, Shedinja, Aggron, Flygon, Crawduant, Absol, Metagross, Latias, Toxicroak, Mandibuzz, Greninja, Trevenant, Hawlucha, Zygarde.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'll start from the top because I don't really have a particular order after the first two.

1. Mewtwo: Ever since I first found out he was playable in Melee, he became my favorite Pokemon. Now is partly due to nostalgia, partly due to the Japanese characterization in the first movie, and partly due to being fun to use in Melee and Pokemon. In Pokemon, I prefer his function as a special attacker whether it is his regular form or Mega Y form. However, if I had to pick a design between the two mega forms, I prefer his X form.

2. Pichu: The one and only somewhat formal Melee Tournament I went to around 2005 (Tournament Go), I lost really early. While playing a Free for All match for fun, I decided to pick Pichu for teh lulz. The other characters in the game were Ganondorf, Pikachu, and I forgot the fourth because that person died pretty quickly. I somehow got second place in that for fun free for all that Pichu became my secondary in Melee. Needless to say, I always have fun using him against friends and winning. I raised a Pichu to level 40 in Fire Red, then gave up trying to level it up more because leveling up takes forever. Also, babies are cute, and I like cute things sometimes.

3. Ditto: I like his gimmick of transforming to other Pokemon. Also, he's cute in his base form. Don't judge.

4. Snorlax: I always use one in Kanto. He takes hits like a boss and does plenty of damage back. Never used him competitively though except back when I used Netplay (I think that's the name of the old gen 3 simulator), I destroyed a friend's team when Snorlax was my last and she still had a lot left. Yay Curselax gen 3!

5. Primeape: Was my favorite until Mewtwo in Melee. First became my favorite due to finding Ash's Primape in the anime funny. Used him in all my Kanto in-game teams since. Back when I still had Red, I had him learn Metronome, so for nostalgic reasons, I gave him Metronome in Fire Red.

6. Lugia: I liked his design better than Ho-Oh when Silver first came out, so I got Silver version. Competitively, he's a pretty good tank in Ubers, especially with his HA. Still like his design and Aeroblast even though I prefer using attackers in general.

7. Genesect: Robotic insect. Fossil revived and modified by Team Plasma. Also, has a shiny form officially released in Japan. He's an event mon. He looks pretty cool.

8. Greninja: Favorite Kalos starter. Also good competitively due to Protean. Now going to be playable in Smash Bros. I'm finding more reasons to like him.

9. Deoxys: Kind of made me think he was a Mewtwo rip-off at first...then he gained multiple forms and I liked his attack form's design. I like his function as a sweeper, but considering the diversity of his forms, there's plenty of uses for him.

10. Darkrai: Cool design. Kind of cool backstory. Like putting things to sleep with Dark Void during double battles when not playing by competitive rules.

Honorable mentions: Squirtle, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Charizard, Pikachu, Dugtrio, Alakazam, Gengar, Gyarados, Lapras, Dragonite, Feraligatr, Ampharos, Heracross, Dunsparce, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Sceptile, Blaziken, Mudkip, Swampert, Gardevoir, Flygon, Metagross, Walrein, Shiftry, Salamence, Aggron, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Torterra, Infernape, Piplup, Empoleon, Bidoof, Luxray, Staraptor, Togekiss, Lucario, Rampardos, Garchomp, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Samurott, Chandelure, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Cofagrigus, Ferrothorn, Krookodile, Three Muskedeers + Keldeo, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Heliolisk, Noivern, Aegislash, Xerneas, Yveltal, and I am probably forgetting some.

Also, some of the honorable mentions could be in top ten...After the first two, it's not really in a particular order. I just put whatever came first in my head.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Moved this into its own thread since I think it's a topic enough people will want to contribute to that it should exist outside of the Wi-Fi thread.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
My top pokemon are:
1. Leafeon
2. Klefki
3. Bravairy
4. Whimsicott
5. Houndoom
I didn't rank that many pokemon tbh will do mentions when I'm not on my phone..

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
My top 10 would be:

#1: Lugia
I have loved Lugia since the moment I found out of his existence, the release of Pokemon 2000. He is peaceful, elegant, graceful, mysterious, and super strong, meant to be a guardian of the weather patterns of the world. He looks like a dragon-bird with assorted blue flaps on his head, back, and tail, with a light blue belly. He is particularly skilled at aerial evasion and shielding, and his counterparts in the main games are very good in battles. I honestly could not ask for anything better as far as a Pokemon is concerned.

#2-#9 in no particular order:

Dragonair: If I was a Pokemon, I would be this one.

Mew: The original mysterious Pokemon. Classic, adorable, enigmatic, and just way too cute.

Suicune: A beautiful Pokemon, the embodiment of the North Wind, and a purifier.

Lati@s: Amazing, empathetic, and playful Psychic Dragons that can turn invisible, and reference the soul (in their Soul Dew). Beautiful Pokemon.

Zekrom: The first Electric Dragon, a typing which I've dreamed about for a long time (love electricity and dragons). Awesome design.

Reshiram: A beautiful legendary dragon, I fell in love with his design over time and got an awesome 31 SpAtk Modest one in White 2.

Aurorus: The first fossil Pokemon I truly fell in love with. Beautiful, looks like an aurora as the frills flow.

Articuno: Beautiful blue icy legendary bird. It's one of the Pokemon that's been my bro (good Pokemon in battle) for the longest time (since FireRed).

Kyogre: A deep sea Pokemon, carved out the oceans. I've loved its design since its release, and I love its cry too. Super powerful with Drizzle+Mystic Water+Water Spout.

Last edited:

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
1. Nidoking
2. Venusaur
3. Drapion
4. Scolipede
5. Masquerain
6. Muk
7. Bronzong
8. Tentacruel
9. Aggron
10. Tyranitar

I'm particular for gen wun and poison types as you can see.

Last edited:

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I'm too lazy right now to do reasons, but I may edit this later and include them.
My top ten pokemon are-
  1. Tyranitar
  2. Charizard
  3. Lucario
  4. Noctowl
  5. Mewtwo
  6. Tauros
  7. Feraligatr
  8. Sceptile
  9. Suicune
  10. Tyrantrum/Rampardos

Hevy_Santana

Smash Cadet
Ive played every pokemon game multiple times. My favorite ten in order are

1. Arcanine
2. Electabuzz
3. Snorlax
4. Flygon
5. Feraligator
6. Hydreigon
7. Glalie
8. Ivysaur
9. Rotom -C
10. Braviary

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I don't really have a top ten....but my favorite Pokémon without a doubt is Flygon.

AirFair

Marth tho
I think out of all the pokemon, my top 10 favorites are:

10: Sylveon. Love the design

9. Flygon. One of my favorites from Hoenn

8. Lugia: The design was awesome, especially after watching Pokemon 2000 (movie)

7. Absol. Always thought it was super cool in PMD and in the anime too, when I still watched it.

6. Samurott. Chose it in Black/Black 2 and wrecked. Great Pokemon

5. Infernape. Starter from Platinum. Always loved the design.

4. Feraligatr. Strong moveset and again, cool design

3. Charizard. Started from Pokemon Red and Firered. Too cool.

2. Greninja. Fell in love with the design and starter from X. Excited about it's debut in Smash 4

1. Lucario. Coolest Pokemon imo. Love it's design and how cool it looks when attackin in gen 6 :)

I say design too much.........

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Top 10
10. Tyranitar
9. Feraligatr
8. Squirtle
7. Mewtwo
6. Mew
5. Mudkip
4. Greninja
3. Crobat
2. Sudowoodo
1. Snorlax

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
1. Salamence
2. Charizard
3.Gardevoir
4. Lucario
5.Greninja
6. Jolteon
7. Mawile
8. Lugia
9. Kyogre
10.Serperior

Riggy Rascal

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2363-5630-4667
I could go on and on about each, but might as well just expand on number one.

10. Tropius
9. Arcanine
8. Primeape
7. Manectric
6. Lilligant
5. Ivysaur
4. Medicham
3. Bouffalant
2. Seviper

1. Wigglytuff - I just... can't even explain to you how cute. And the Pokemon Amie just made things worse! I couldn't care less about it being beat out by lots of other Pokemon, I'm glad if I take the chance and scrape a win with it. I really appreciated their throwing in the Fairy-typing, too. Of course, overall, I had to get past the Red/Blue/Green sprites. I mean, geez.

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
always changes

in no order:

1. tangrowth
2. staraptor
3. suicune
4. magneton
5. hippowdon
6. pumpkaboo
7. slowking
8. ampharos
9. kangaskhan
10. vaporeon

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
In no particular order:

Electabuzz has always been one of my favorite Pokemon since I was a kid. When I found out he got an evolution, I was so happy. Even though Electivire turned out to be rather underwhelming in PvP, I'll still always love him.

Same reasons as Electivire. Always loved Magmar, and was psyched when he got an evo.

When I was a kid, getting this guy seemed invincible. His massive movepool, rarity, and overall power really drew me in. Now with the advent of Multiscale, he is damn near invincible! While his design is controversial to some, I think he captures the friendly, yet powerful look perfectly.

First Pokemon I ever owned. Crocodiles have always been one of my absolute favorite animals, so this guy was an obvious choice for my starter. Now if only Gamefreak would let him have his hidden ability.

Volcarona is used by my absolute favorite Pokemon NPC, that being Alder. That's hardly the only reason I like it though. I dig the sun god motif he's got going on, and with a Quiver Dance, he's something to be truly feared.

I'm one of the two people on the planet who doesn't hate Zubat. Matter of fact, I think it's adorable. May have to do with bats being another one of my favorite animals. I had always wanted to use Golbat, but he seemed so underwhelming. Then I found out he got an evolution in Gen II. Caught a Zubat, evolved it into a Crobat, and never looked back.

As with Feraligatr, crocodiles are some of my favorite animals. And, as embarrassing as it is to admit, the 'cool sunglasses' cliche was something I always liked. Combine crocs with shades, and you get this awesome Pokemon. When they were revealing the first batch of Gen V Pokemon, and I saw Sandile, I absolutely knew I needed one.

Zangoose recently became one of my favorites. I always did like the design, but never got around to really using him. In a recent playthrough of Black 2, I gave him a shot, and I was shocked at just how powerful he could be. Swords Dance, Return, Close Combat and Shadow Claw was a perfect combination that I've even had some success with in PvP.

I honestly have absolutely no clue why this overlymuscular construction clown resonates so much with me. Something about it just makes me like it.

I'm probably starting to sound like a broken record here, but I've always loved crows. Murkrow was another one of those Pokemon who I wanted to use, but just wasn't that great. Then he got an evo that combined his species with the persona of a stereotype crime boss, which is just so ridiculous that I love it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It's easier for me to list favorite legendaries in no particular order. Might make a second post on regular mons.

Manly black electric dragon. Hell yeah.

Reasons are too obvious, let's move.

Both forms. It's literally the Devil's nephew here.

Big badass wyvern of prey here.

Why do I only like black things? Weird. Love his anti-heroism.

Always nice to subdue and control gods.

Mikey Da Bawse

Smash Cadet
NNID
MikeyDaBawse
3DS FC
5129-1447-8505
1. Togekiss
2. Darmanitan
3. Pikachu
4. Lati@s
5. Jirachi
6. Suicune
7. Scraggy
8. Garchomp
9. Terrakion
10. Azumarill

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
1. Breloom
2. Starmie
3. Jolteon
4. Azumarill
5. Mawile
6. Pikachu
7. Staraptor
8. Lucario
9. Gardevoir
10. Lucario

7Blue

Smash Rookie
1. Flareon
2. Umbreon
3. Salamence
4. Ho-oh
5. Kingdra
6. Manectric
7. Milotic
8. Porygon
9. Hydreigon
10. Mewtwo

proxibomb

Smash Clown
I'd have to say Gengar is on my entire list. All 10 slots. All of them. Well, besides #1, that's for Grimer. :088:

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
In alphabetical order, as I find it too difficult to rank the ten:

Aggron
Charizard
Clawitzer
Giratina (Origin Forme)
Groudon
Latios
Milotic
Salamence
Tyrantrum
Zapdos

There are probably two main themes here - draconic styled Pokemon, and Gen III (my original gen, so doubtless nostalgia). I would say Groudon is my #1 and Milotic is probably #2.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
1. Squirtle
2. Feraligatr
3. Lugia
4. Suicune
5. Kyogre
6. Aegislash
7. Crawdaunt
8. Greninja
9. Ampharos
10. Relicanth

As you can tell I have a strong preference for water type pokemon

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
My top 10 favorite Pokemon in no particular order other than number 1:

1. Charizard
This was first Pokemon that many of us ever encountered in game. S/he was our friend, companion, battle partner, and not to mention a bad ass fire breathing dragon flying lizard. His design was loved by most, and who in their youth did not envision commanding this powerful majestic creature in battle? Charizard is my favorite Pokemon of all time. And now I actually get to play as him, his very own character! Eeeeee... *ahem* excuse me.

2. Heracross
Easily my favorite 2nd gen pocket monster, Heracross was beastly in my mind as well as within the games themselves. I just loved his appearance as a powerful and dominating beetle with a huge horn. Plus, I really like rhinoceros beetles in general because they're one of the strongest insects that exist being able to live about 850 times their own weight. This is equivalent to a human being lifting a tank above their heads (70 tons).

3. Mewtwo
The most powerful Pokemon known in existence for those of us growing up during Pokemon's early years. Whether you went straight for the master ball and ended it in a second or wasted countless ultra balls at an attempt at capture, all of us wanted this powerful Psychic type. He proved to be even more godly and domineering with the release of Pokemon: The First Movie, where he was the main antagonist. Many people were excited and then saddened with M2's all too short inclusion within Smashbros, and desperately want him to return for Smash 4. I am one of those people. I suppose we'll always have PM regardless!

4. Raichu
I've always loved Pikachu, and that love transferred into his vastly superior form, Raichu. Got to love that whip-like tail, woo! I never got too caught up in the sentimentality of maintaining a Pokemon's base form because I've always considered evolution to just be another part of who they are, not to mention that they're a hell of a lot stronger (besides Pikachu IS an evolved Pokemon..). I definitely would have preferred that Raichu got into Melee instead of Pichu! When I was I kid I always liked to envision this ultimate team that I would use to go up against Ash, and defeat him. Part of that was, in my made up stories, proving that evolved Pokemon are clearly what you want fighting for you. The following Pokemon, ending with Dragonite, were the ones I chose for this team because I thought they were the coolest/strongest. Obviously the anime as well as the games shaped these opinions.

5. Ditto
So squishy! Seriously though, Ditto is extremely interesting and versatile being able to transform into any Pokemon that is in front of it. It changes up the pace of the battle and allows you to possibly knock your opponent off balance (this is how I rationalized it anyway). He's definitely the most unique out of all the 'mons on my list.

6. Marowak
Marowak was a creature that just screamed "cool" to me with his/her powerful bone signature attacks. In my mind he was unstoppable and ruthless, and made my desire for Pokemon to be real all the more stronger.

7. Alakazam
The most powerful Psychic type that I knew of, I needed his incredible intelligence and telekinetic abilities to assist me in battle and maintain a strategy. He is my favorite Psychic type next to Mewtwo, although I can't honestly understand why a creature would "evolve" into holding spoons.

8. Gengar
Gengar is probably one of the first Pokemon that most of us ever saw because that famous short little scene of him battling with Nidorino was shown at the beginning of the games AND the anime. While I was confused by the insistence that Ghost Pokemon were powerful against Psychic pokemon (this didn't actually become true until 2nd gen), I always gravitated to this guy so that my team could take advantage of both his powerful and tricky attacks. The original Ghost Pokemon! Gotta love that mischievous grin.

9. Dragonite
Dragonite was THE Pokemon to have when I was little. Next to Charizard I'd say this badass dragon is definitely my favorite Pokemon. The friendliness mixed with sheer strength was an appealing concept to me, but you knew that this was not a creature to mess with. He was a legendary Pokemon of sorts, but not in the same vein as the elemental birds and Mewtwo. I always envisioned riding on this glorious dragon when making my way through my made up stories, and I so longed for my imagination to come alive.

10. Lucario
This last spot was difficult to me. I thought of Scyther, NidoKing, Sceptile, and Greninja who are all growing or have grown on me to certain exstents, but ultimately I had to go with Lucario. You may notice that my list is mostly comprised of Pokemon that were from the earliest generations, and this is because this was what Pokemon WAS to me and when I loved it the most, but Lucario is the one exception. When I first laid my eyes on him I didn't really understand at all why he was in Brawl, but eventually I grew to appreciate him overtime. Funny how playing as an actual character will make your heart grow fonder for them (not really, makes perfect sense). While I didn't understand why he was a Steel type (I guess those spikes?), I still loved his design and "Aura" abilities. I'm glad to see him back in Smash 4, and I hope he is here to stay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
1. Bulbasaur (my first Pokémon ever and amazing in the anime)
2. Pachirisu (an adorable squirrel)
3. Quilava (a cute dog-like companion)
4. Espeon (perfection)
5. Charizard (my childhood was the anime)
6. Squirtle (see above)
7. Venusaur (my first best Pokémon)
8. Ivysaur (Smash Bros)
9. Staraptor (vicious bird of prey)
10. Beautifly (sweet and is a symbol of Contests)

1-6 is pretty solid, but 7-10 probably change on a daily base.

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
1. Sableye

Bestest design, bestest typing, and has an incredibly fun playstyle.

2. Sharpedo

Design is almost as cool as Sableye's. Sharks are awesome in general, and they did a really gr8 job with desiging it. Speed Boost is cool too.

3. Stunfisk

It's actually the best thing ever, it's a proven statistic that anyone who dislikes this adorable derpfish is in denial. Unique typing too.

4. Swalot

It is derpy and cute, I love its mustache and lips.

5. Hydreigon

Epic dark dragon is epic. Hail hydra.

6. Mawile

It's pretty cool, and I like how feminine it looks. Its mega looks even cooler, plus it's the counterpart of Sableye.

7. Omastar

I like squids a lot, and until Malamar this was the closest we got. I love Malamar too, but Omastar's design is better.

8. Diggersby

It's ****ing hilarious. It also happens to be the only good early normal gameplay wise.

9. Diancie

A kawaii, feminine design like Mawile, which I like. Also crystals. Its mega form is particularly awesome.

10. Magcargo

It's a derpy lava snail, how can you not like it?

Simply the best there are. Heh, Charizard and Lucario wouldn't even make my top 100 list.

Last edited:

johno1995

Smash Cadet
So yeah my list is a bit unorthodox compared to most...
Five Honorable Mentions:

Swampert was my first ever starter so he's got a special place in my heart. Ampharos was the best MegaEvolution imo- Loved it! What an improvement on a Pokemon with a lot of potential. We need more Megas like Ampharos: improving Pokemon that NEED it. Forget Mega Metagross or Scizor! They didn't need em. Mamoswine was a fantastic addition in Gen IV, they added a ton of old Pokemon evolutions and Mamoswine stood out the most to me for improving on a Pokemon that had a lot of untapped potential. Heracross is always fun to use - its Mega is awful, though. And finally Furret... how the f*** can you NOT love Furret? JUST LOOK AT IT. AWWW.
10. Maractus

Maractus is my absolute favorite Gen V design. Idk why, ever since I saw it I found it compltely adorable and while it's not amazing in battle, it's not half-bad either.

9. Primeape

Primeape. What a badass. I've always loved kickass Fighting types and Primeape always seemed oft-ignored, so I took a huge liking to him. He has an awesome movepool and is fun to use, too. His anime incarnation helped a lot too: Kicking the crap out of Ash all the time. XD

8. Chesnaught

The Chespin line is my favorite of ALL the starters, and my favorite final evolution goes to Chesnaught. I love the Gen VI parallels overall with the starters (knight, mage & thief were great themes) and Chesnaught is a blast to use in batle with a great movepool and design.

7. Seviper

Seviper was always a badass in my Pokemon Sapphire game, my first Pokemon game. Hoenn itself has a special place in my heart for introducing me to the series and part of that bias brings Seviper to this list. Great design, fun and insanely large movepool... it's pretty great all around.

6. Nidoking

I used to be a huge monster movie fan, and Nidoking's line literally made me think of Baragon. Google him if you don't know it. I had this cool guy as my powerhouse in all of my Gen I/Kanto teams... all of them affectionately called Baragon, too.

5. Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff holds a special place in my heart thanks to Smash Bros. She has been my main in all 3 games. I also found her anime incarnation to be awesome, so her appearances outside of the main series warranted her place on this list - the only Pokemon to do so so she stands out for that.

4. Dustox

A really unorthodox choice, I know. But Wurmple was the first Pokemon I caught in the wild during my first Pokemon adventure, in my first game, Sapphire. It evolved into Dustox and I instantly loved its insanely unique design. Not the best stats at all but it always feels good to murder opponents with a Dustox! Hoenn bias again

3. Toxicroak

Toxicroak is so awesome. Poison is one of my favorite types, if not my absolute favorite alongside Fighting, so to have a Poison/Fighting monster is insane. He has a great movepool and good stats, always a fun and greatly-designed battler to have on the team.

2. Whismur

I was an 8 year old who loved Pokemon after discovering it with Sapphire. My adorable little Whismur was one of my favorites - I loved its cute design and I think its evolutionary line is incredibly unique and has a great movepool. Exploud would be here if we were only doing "cool" Pokemon, but Whismur was one of my childhood "things" so it's only fitting to give him the spot.

1. Wartortle
Guys idk what it is but I think Wartortle is the coolest thing ever. I think it's the fluffy tail. I've always had a soft spot for the little dude, so he gets #1 on my list.

Last edited:

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
10. Mega Pinsir
It's like some weird demon bug thing, it's cool.

9. Hitmonchan
I've always liked boxing.

8. Mega Slowbro
It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen, and I love it.

7. Cloyster
I love this thing's sinister grin.

6. Hydreigon
GHEEEETSIS.

5. Porygon
I always liked the concept of this thing, but design wise, this is my favorite of them.

4. Rapidash
This was my favorite one back when I was a kid. It's a frickin' fiery horse with an impaling horn. Come on.

3. Dragonair \

2. Serperior ---> I'm a sucker for serpents.

1. Milotic /

Last edited:

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
Unorthodox is good. It's boring seeing the same Charizard, Garchomp, Gengar, Lucario etc on every damn list.

I like Jigglypuff because of Smash as well, I probs wouldn't give a **** about it otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:

johno1995

Smash Cadet
Unorthodox is good. It's boring seeing the same Charizard, Garchomp, Gengar, Lucario etc on every damn list.

I like Jigglypuff because of Smash as well, I probs wouldn't give a shit about it otherwise.

And yeah same, because I love her in Smash and because I found her hilarious in the anime as a kid Jiggs has a huge place in my heart now.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Five Honorable Mentions:

Swampert was my first ever starter so he's got a special place in my heart. Ampharos was the best MegaEvolution imo- Loved it! What an improvement on a Pokemon with a lot of potential. We need more Megas like Ampharos: improving Pokemon that NEED it. Forget Mega Metagross or Scizor! They didn't need em. Mamoswine was a fantastic addition in Gen IV, they added a ton of old Pokemon evolutions and Mamoswine stood out the most to me for improving on a Pokemon that had a lot of untapped potential. Heracross is always fun to use - its Mega is awful, though. And finally Furret... how the f*** can you NOT love Furret? JUST LOOK AT IT. AWWW.
10. Maractus

Maractus is my absolute favorite Gen V design. Idk why, ever since I saw it I found it compltely adorable and while it's not amazing in battle, it's not half-bad either.

9. Primeape

Primeape. What a badass. I've always loved kickass Fighting types and Primeape always seemed oft-ignored, so I took a huge liking to him. He has an awesome movepool and is fun to use, too. His anime incarnation helped a lot too: Kicking the crap out of Ash all the time. XD

8. Chesnaught

The Chespin line is my favorite of ALL the starters, and my favorite final evolution goes to Chesnaught. I love the Gen VI parallels overall with the starters (knight, mage & thief were great themes) and Chesnaught is a blast to use in batle with a great movepool and design.

7. Seviper

Seviper was always a badass in my Pokemon Sapphire game, my first Pokemon game. Hoenn itself has a special place in my heart for introducing me to the series and part of that bias brings Seviper to this list. Great design, fun and insanely large movepool... it's pretty great all around.

6. Nidoking

I used to be a huge monster movie fan, and Nidoking's line literally made me think of Baragon. Google him if you don't know it. I had this cool guy as my powerhouse in all of my Gen I/Kanto teams... all of them affectionately called Baragon, too.

5. Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff holds a special place in my heart thanks to Smash Bros. She has been my main in all 3 games. I also found her anime incarnation to be awesome, so her appearances outside of the main series warranted her place on this list - the only Pokemon to do so so she stands out for that.

4. Dustox

A really unorthodox choice, I know. But Wurmple was the first Pokemon I caught in the wild during my first Pokemon adventure, in my first game, Sapphire. It evolved into Dustox and I instantly loved its insanely unique design. Not the best stats at all but it always feels good to murder opponents with a Dustox! Hoenn bias again

3. Toxicroak

Toxicroak is so awesome. Poison is one of my favorite types, if not my absolute favorite alongside Fighting, so to have a Poison/Fighting monster is insane. He has a great movepool and good stats, always a fun and greatly-designed battler to have on the team.

2. Whismur

I was an 8 year old who loved Pokemon after discovering it with Sapphire. My adorable little Whismur was one of my favorites - I loved its cute design and I think its evolutionary line is incredibly unique and has a great movepool. Exploud would be here if we were only doing "cool" Pokemon, but Whismur was one of my childhood "things" so it's only fitting to give him the spot.

1. Wartortle
Guys idk what it is but I think Wartortle is the coolest thing ever. I think it's the fluffy tail. I've always had a soft spot for the little dude, so he gets #1 on my list.
That makes me want to use Eviolite Wartortle. Mmmmmmm.....

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
10. Rotom (all forms) said:

Rotom is great competitively, the little bugger does work
9. Omastar said:

It was my first fossil choice
8. Starmie said:

I like star designs...
7. Chatot said:

Cute, but deadly
6. Ferrothorn said:

Ferrothorn gives no f***s, ever
5. Dragonite said:

The original dragon type
4. Chansey said:

It's hilarious how dangerous Chansey is
3. Scizor said:

A competitive badass and it doesn't even need to mega evolve
2. Yveltal said:

Coolest legendary by far, thanks Gen 6
1. Porygon-Z said:

Porygon-Z used nasty plot? Better start panicking

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
6. Hydreigon
GHEEEETSIS.
Ikr? Ghetsis was literally the most difficult battle for me in all of Pokemon, only rivaled by Lysandre at the Cafe's Flare Lab entrance and I think the first Champion battle I had in Silver. Ghetsis' Bisharp too... uuuggghhhh.

Last edited:

db132

Smash Rookie
NNID
db-132
3DS FC
3308-4650-8095
- Always loved Sandshrew/Sandslash from the very beginning of gen 1 when I first saw it in Brock's Gym shortly after getting Red as a kid. I was so disappointed that Sandshrew wasn't in Red that I ended up buying Yellow a year or so later and then Blue after realizing it wasn't available to catch in Yellow either. Mice are my favorite animals and tan is one of my most liked colors so that probably played a part in why I like it so much too.

- I honestly have no idea why I started liking this Pokemon or why I still like it so much to this day. I don't even think I used it in my first play throughs of Gold/Silver. Regardless I do like it a lot now and it was even the basis of one of my old alias from back in the early 2000s.

- Loved Heliolisk from the moment it was revealed to me in the NeoGaf leaks thread days before the release of X/Y. Love its design, love its attacking animation and love what its based off of. It's also one of the few pokemon that I've actually bred multiple competitive sets for and it was the driving force of my in game team that I took onto Battle Spot in mid October before I started breeding for competitive mons. I wish I could say the same for Helioptile but I'm not a fan of the pre evo at all.

- Same as Sandslash

- One of the cutest pokemon out there IMO. Would also be in my top 2 if I could pick a Pokemon to have as a pet if it were possible. Love the design and its only bolstered by its extremeties also being my favorite color and that its an ice type as I love snow, winter and colder weather in general.

- My 2nd favorite Pokemon for the duration of gen 1 mostly for how cute it was. Was basically my most used mon before I could get my hands on a Sandshrew. Flareon's also the first pokemon I made my own competitive set for in gen 1, way back before I even knew competitive Pokemon and tournaments were even a thing. Its moveset back then was Fire Blast, Body Slam, Reflect and Smog (lol Smog). For some odd reason, Gamefreak decided to take Reflect out of its movepool in gen 3, no idea why but whatever. The only improvement I could honestly make to that set in that era is if I were to replace Smog with Quick Attack

- 3rd favorite of gen 1. Quite majestic. Used to be ranked a lot higher for me but its kinda dropped lately with its low availability ingame. It also doesnt help that it's borderline useless in competitive because of the presence of Stealth Rock. I think it might have been my 2nd ever competitive set that I made back then. I don't clearly remember the moveset but I think it was Blizzard, Bubble Beam/Water Gun, Toxic and Reflect.

- Somewhat of an up comer. Wasn't one of my favorites initially but I really began to like it a lot during my second play through of Heart Gold and after re experiencing Pokemon Stadium 2 where it had some of my favorite animations.

- Wasn't initially one of my favorites but it caught on with me quite a lot as time passed as it was the first non event shiny I've ever caught.

- IMO the best out of a very mediocre group of gen 5 designs. Started to like it a lot after using it competitively in gen 5 on a Pika Clones team. It was the MVP of my team on several different occasions as a support pokemon with Encore/Baton Pass shenanigans. It's also an electric rodent like Pokemon so it has that going for it too.

Honorable Mentions; no order:
- Newest to the list, played with it a lot in Pokemon Amie over the past few weeks and have loved it since.
- Bears are my 2nd favorite animal, I also like it much more than the other bear like Pokemon.
- Moar electric rodents.
- It's a cream puff dog, what's not to like?
- Fell in love with the gen 1 lore about its magical powers. Still disappointed that It can't learn more Psychic/Ghost/Dark moves.
- One of my early gen 6 favorites though it's fallen off a bit. By far my favorite shiny colored design, especially the cream/white colored female version.

Last edited:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Mine have nothing to do will abilities, but more of just who ive always thought looked/acted the coolest. (Never expanded past Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness, so im stuck in the 90's with gen 1-3 lol)

1. :059: <3
2. :197:
3. :144:
4. :157:
5. :006:
6. :249:
7. :123:
8. :130:
9. :229:
10. :131:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
#10 - Primape
#09 - Aerodactyl
#08 - Snorlax
#07 - Pidgeot
#06 - Blastoise
#05 - Alakazam
#04 - Gengar
#03 - Arcanine
#02 - Mewtwo
#01 - Charizard

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
I have no particular order after the first 2 so...

#1- Ludicolo (because of Mirror B. in Pokemon XD: Gale of darkness)
#2- Breloom
#3- Pidgeotto
#4- Swellow
#5- Haunter
#6- Hawlucha
#7- Metagross
#8- Grovyle
#9- Luxray
#10- Yveltal
#11- Palkia

Last edited:
Top Bottom