• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 SSB4 Top Roster Canidates

Goji938

Smash Rookie
You know, I used to think bowser junior was pretty stupid for a character, But now, I don't have trouble visualizing him. but I have to go for Krystal.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Oh, and by the way geno fans, Geno isn't owned by Nintendo, so he's officially a third party character.

heheheh.

Anyway, my vote is pretty much down to the first 6 (Bowser Jr. can do fine, DK needs more rep. Metroid Needs more Rep. we need more Females, and we want our veterans back).

1 vote for Ridley.

And Stray votes for Dark Samus and Darkrai

To Panix:

Bowser Jr is a cuter version of bowser with a neckerchief around his neck with fangs
King K Rool is an anthropomorphic Croc with a crown and an Eye infection (kind of Like a king)
Ridley is a pterodactyl dragon cross
Krystal is a Female Fox from Starfox (not a whole lot of imagining there)
Mewtwo and Roy are Melee veterans
Issac is in brawl as an assist trophy
Dr. Eggman is Sonic's arch enemy
geno is some puppet
and Megaman you can find a picture of in this thread alone.

Oh, and several of them are trophies in Brawl, so you don't have to go far. (Heck, Ridley's a boss and Krystal is in an Easter egg).

Really, you kinda did ask a rather stupid question. If I haven't already done so I'd be trolling.

Panix

Smash Ace
Oh, and by the way geno fans, Geno isn't owned by Nintendo, so he's officially a third party character.

heheheh.

Anyway, my vote is pretty much down to the first 6 (Bowser Jr. can do fine, DK needs more rep. Metroid Needs more Rep. we need more Females, and we want our veterans back).

1 vote for Ridley.

And Stray votes for Dark Samus and Darkrai

To Panix:

Bowser Jr is a cuter version of bowser with a neckerchief around his neck with fangs
King K Rool is an anthropomorphic Croc with a crown and an Eye infection (kind of Like a king)
Ridley is a pterodactyl dragon cross
Krystal is a Female Fox from Starfox (not a whole lot of imagining there)
Mewtwo and Roy are Melee veterans
Issac is in brawl as an assist trophy
Dr. Eggman is Sonic's arch enemy
geno is some puppet
and Megaman you can find a picture of in this thread alone.

Oh, and several of them are trophies in Brawl, so you don't have to go far. (Heck, Ridley's a boss and Krystal is in an Easter egg).

Really, you kinda did ask a rather stupid question. If I haven't already done so I'd be trolling.
geno? him and krystal where the only ones i really needed info on...( now that you mentioned star fox, i remeber her from the little conversation that you have with falco fox wolf on lylat cruise) geno.... a puppet?

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Time to break out the stick of reality. Geno isn't owned by Nintendo, but Square-Enix. Nintendo so far has only been able to coax out a cameo in Superstar saga. We aren't very likely to see Geno in a smash game. sorry.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I really don't get this 'want' for geno...
Neither do I. Geno may have a fanbase, but come on! he isn't owned by Nintendo, they rarely get a shot at getting the rights to use him, and outside a Cameo, they haven't.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
The legend of Geno burns eternally it seems. It's a fire that withstands the constant wrath of time.
Or common sense, as I pointed out around three times now, Nintendo has gotten less success getting Geno in a game with Mario after RPG than Sonic.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Or common sense, as I pointed out around three times now, Nintendo has gotten less success getting Geno in a game with Mario after RPG than Sonic.
I'm no where near being a Geno fan myself but I can't deny his powerful fan following. Back in the ol' days he had an enormus fanbase and I can't remember if he or Ridley had the biggest support thread. I think Geno fans were those who loved Super Mario RPG and found him to be an incredible character. And now that the Super Smash Bros. series exists, this is the perfect chance to see their character revived and in a more modern setting.

Personally, I don't think he has a chance either. If he didn't get in Brawl, then I can't see him in SSB4.

Edit: And though the last statement could apply to most characters, they tend to have more recurring appearences.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I'm no where near being a Geno fan myself but I can't deny his powerful fan following. Back in the ol' days he had an enormus fanbase and I can't remember if he or Ridley had the biggest support thread. I think Geno fans were those who loved Super Mario RPG and found him to be an incredible character. And now that the Super Smash Bros. series exists, this is the perfect chance to see their character revived and in a more modern setting.

Personally, I don't think he has a chance either. If he didn't get in Brawl, then I can't see him in SSB4.

Edit: And though the last statement could apply to most characters, they tend to have more recurring appearences.
I know that Ridley was the most requested character among fans to be playable, but I think Sakurai couldn't think of a way to do so (and I still can't think of a way of doing so without diminishing his epicness), but I understand people when they want a character in. I can't really give a good reason for Geno outside "big fanbase". Bowser Jr. is viable (even without cloning, as any person who has played Super Mario Sunshine [like myself] can point out). K. Rool and Ridley are among the most infamous villains in their respective series (both severely underrepresented). Krystal represents a viable female addition, although several hardcore Starfox fans think she's the cause of the series "downfall" (really, the series is doing fine. I wish there was a Wii game out right now so that I can knock off one of two Big time Nintendo Series I have still yet to become a fan of [the other Being LoZ. Pokemon started the entire thing, and Smash has gotten DK and Mario onto my list, and this place has also gotten Metroid and Kirby], but it's doing fine). Mewtwo and Roy were likely out of the ol' "you don't use them you lose em" thing, and we are definitely suffering from that. Issac, Hey, any other good options are good (despite the fact that I don't know **** about golden sun). Robotnik (aka, Eggman to the not so bright person/sonic fan who doesn't care about his dignity), eh, not much to say there. Megaman, See Issac. Geno, sorry fanboys, If we barely got Sonic, what makes you think Geno would have a better shot?

•Col•

Smash Champion
Stupid Haters
OH YOU'RE RIGHT, 10 PEOPLE WITH 5 POSTS WHO JUST JOINED UP A FEW DAYS AGO AND VOTED FOR KRYSTAL ISNT SUSPICIOUS AT ALL. HOW COULD I EVER THINK SUCH A THING?
/endsarcasm
Also, kind of funny how you attacked me when I didn't even say anything bad about Krystal. :o Any reason you're being so defensive?

Also, Zman was right. The odds of you having masturbated to the thought/picture of Krystal are drastically high. Especially after the picture you posted, and numerous times you've mentioned how "hot" she is.

I'm a fan of Krystal, but we have enough Starfox characters as it is.

Anyway.... +1 for Mewtwo.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I'm a fan of Krystal, but we have enough Starfox characters as it is.
To be fair, that is so far the only REASONABLE reason why Krystal shouldn't be included.

Let me go through this again:

Bowser Jr: None that I can come up with. Mario is just chock full of useable characters. Bowser Jr. Is possibly the best bet.

King K. Rool: None. DK needs more rep.

Ridley: How do you make him reasonably playable (aka, shrink him) yet keep him epic

Krystal: Do we really need another Starfox Character? 3 is enough, and people will be pissed if we got rid of Falco or Wolf.

Mewtwo & Roy: we didn't like them when they were in Melee, and we miss them because they're not in Brawl. Really, make up your minds people.

Geno: Outside a few people, barely anyone knows him. Plus, he's not owned by Nintendo, and Nintendo has trouble getting him a cameo

Issac: None. Another series is always OK. Plus, He'd be the second playable Character who was an Item (Charizard claimed first)

Robotnik/Eggman: We're unlikely going to get more sonic reps, and if we were, We'd more likely get Tails or Knuckles anyway.

Megaman: None, More third party rep.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hmmm, I am not sure who I will vote for today. I casted one vote for Mewtwo, and two for K. Rool. I guess Roy gets my vote for today.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Ridley: How do you make him reasonably playable (aka, shrink him) yet keep him epic
I have no idea what you mean with that. That must be the dumbest argument against Ridley I've ever heard.
You can play as f*cking Ridley. Isn't that "epic" enough? Ganondorf and Bowser are playable, too, yet did they lose epicness? No. Although they are not good - especially Ganondorf is LOVED by many people, because he's just so friggin awesome.
Ridley being playable only would make him even MORE epic. You can play the next Metroid and think "****, now I want to play as Ridley and kick *ss". You could do that, then!

tl;dr
+1 for Ridley plox

LSDX

Wah!
Well guys, this was all good fun. I hope to do another one of these sometime.

+1 Geno

NOTE: Voting will end tonight at 11:59 PM (CST). The votes shall be tallied the next day and the results shall be posted on February 1st, 2009 at some point that night.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Final Vote?

I go for Roy. Let's hope this is enough.

RyanPF

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea what you mean with that. That must be the dumbest argument against Ridley I've ever heard.
You can play as f*cking Ridley. Isn't that "epic" enough? Ganondorf and Bowser are playable, too, yet did they lose epicness? No. Although they are not good - especially Ganondorf is LOVED by many people, because he's just so friggin awesome.
Ganondorf and Bowser are basically the same characters as in their games, whereas tiny Ridley =/= Ridley. If he were reasonably sized he just wouldn't be as cool.

+1 K. Rool, he doesn't have to be shrunk. :B

Top Bottom