• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 20 Players

unityole

Smash Lord
First, don't talk like you know Adam Brown. I may not approve of the things he does, but I'd never claim he's a terrible human being. Especially without knowing him personally. He's not a bad player and he doesn't live in his brother's shadow. There's a time and a place to call out someone, but it's not when they're correctly informing you that you're being an idiot.

Second, don't talk like you some sort of special authority on melee.

Until you understand that you're just as susceptible to the bias you accuse others of, you'll just continue to look like someone who doesn't know what he's talking about and make an *** of yourself.

All you're saying is worthless opinion just like all of the rest of us. I'm pretty sure Dajuan was correct in saying that it's too hard to rank everyone past the first 4 because everyone beats everyone in an interlaced web of good player circlejerking.

And I disagree with your assessment of Mango, Dajuan, and Johnny.
what she said.

i meant, him

HugS™

Smash Lord
LOL just read this thread.

@ Violence, putting me on there isn't like putting Kage on there.

I'm completely inactive. Are you implying that putting Kage in the top 20 is as bad as putting someone who's competed like twice in a year?

When I've been active, there's no question that I've been top 20. If you want to say that Kage does or does not deserve top 20, don't use me as an analogy, my stats now are void since I'm not even entering tournaments. Leave me out of it.

Now, at Shroomed, I can't believe you don't consider yourself a lock for top 20? There's no question about it.

Shroomed

Smash Master
LOL just read this thread.

@ Violence, putting me on there isn't like putting Kage on there.

I'm completely inactive. Are you implying that putting Kage in the top 20 is as bad as putting someone who's competed like twice in a year?

When I've been active, there's no question that I've been top 20. If you want to say that Kage does or does not deserve top 20, don't use me as an analogy, my stats now are void since I'm not even entering tournaments. Leave me out of it.

Now, at Shroomed, I can't believe you don't consider yourself a lock for top 20? There's no question about it.
Oh I know my kookster self is top 20. I'm just saying that trying to rank a specific top 20 order is futile after like the top 4. If I get to Apex and do as well as I did at Genesis 2, I'll start making my case for being number 5 hahahah.

Linguini

Smash Master
word, i'd say i'm like 19 or 20 lol. placed 13th at 2 out of the last 3 nationals i attended. but i haven't been traveling enough as of late so that def hurts me.

thankfully i'm going to tipped off /apex to wreck some *****s!

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
wtf happened to eggm? havent seen his fat *** on the scene in a while. why didnt he go to rom4?

updated list:

1. Mango
2. Mew2King
3. Dr. PeePee
4. Hungryb0x
5. Zhu
6. Axe
7. Jman
8. Lovage
9. Shroomed
10. Hax
11. VanZ
12. Wobbles
13. Kirby Kaze
14. Silent Wolf
15. Kage
16. Unknown522
17. PC Chris
18. Colbol
19. Smoke2Jointz
20. Fly Amanita

OMG I WANT TO INCLUDE PLUP SO BAD

11-20 is impossible to rank

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
because 10-20 is stacked and i overadjusted.

and i believe lovage is noticeably better than johnny

prob overrating KK cuz i'm a sheik main. johnny did push his **** in at big house

10. Hax
11. VanZ
12. Wobbles
13. S2J
14. Kirby Kaze
15. Kage
16. Silent Wolf
17. Fly Amanita
18. PC Chris
19. Colbol
20. Plup

I am in love w/ PC and Colbol and fear i am underrating them

idea

Smash Master
the fox mains seem especially hard to organize. i dunno how to tell who's better out of silent wolf/colbol/unknown/raynex/pc.

because 10-20 is stacked and i overadjusted.

and i believe lovage is noticeably better than johnny

prob overrating KK cuz i'm a sheik main. johnny did push his **** in at big house

10. Hax
11. VanZ
12. Wobbles
13. S2J
14. Kirby Kaze
15. Kage
16. Silent Wolf
17. Fly Amanita
18. PC Chris
19. Colbol
20. Plup

I am in love w/ PC and Colbol and fear i am underrating them
kage aint better than me.

and i deserve to be above kk since i beat him at pound 5 =)

johnnys prob better than me tho. as well as everyone else on that list

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
move jeremy up to 14th on mah list

kage might be slightly overrated on mah list but appearance at nationals goes for a lot. proving it and being able to prove it are two different things

using that logic i'd also drop pc chris and replace him with raynex

i should also drop wobbles cuz dude needs to go out of region to prove his skill and he seems to do that once every 6 months

if we can find time at apex ill def mm you.

IF NOT, youre gonna have to come to the fiiiilthy regional im bout to host in march =)

Shroomed

Smash Master
Careful Otto, Kage beat L who's almost ranked in Norcal! That was a pretty close set at Genesis 2.

Kage, your track record for money matches is pretty bad. (Which means I would throw money down on a sidebet)

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
it's annoying when crappy players live vicariously thru good players

what about it annoys me? hmm. because they're not objective. i can live vicariously thru zoo, lovage and johnny but i am still objective. i don't live thru shroomed (except his DI) and mango because they're boring.

(it's true: mango the past 12-14 months is terrible. but the year prior to that? going falco on everybody and ****** lives? we haven't seen that since Ken. we're never gonna see that again, at least not from m.go. in fact i shall declare i no longer call him mango but m.go, as he is just a fraction of his prime.)

zoo is a methodical technical zen master, lovage epitomizes speed and aggression like no one since DSW and johnny is a ****** campy *** falcon who used to be way more exciting but has had to gay his game up in order to compete.

it's only cuz he's falcon. and because i have sentiment from watching him go from a pup to a bone-crunching pitbull.

i miss your spamming dair edge cancel tricksies. i swear you had more waveland tricksies. shield tricksies. YOU'VE LOST SO MUCH CREATIVITY! if you don't get it back i fear for you. look at what happened to SS! super champ combo was it when he almost beat mango? SS then was mad creative. his intense sets with pink shinobi still saw a lot of creativity. but he got boring and safe and he sucked ****. let this cautionary tale scare you into creativity.

i let you pass for now cuz you've only recently become amazing and it's stressful playing a bunch of amazing players you've never played before and all that jazz, so it's understandable you focus on executing what you know you can so you don't risk ****ing your nerves up by trying some adventurous ****. but soon you're gonna get used to it. and if creative johnny doesn't come back I'MA BE ALL OVER YOUR *** AND I WILL NO LONGER LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH YOU

/saving thread from boring *** canada/europe
stfu plz lmfao

here's the perfect example of people living vicariously thru others

your brother is SUCH A GOOD FALCO (WHO LOST TO DAVID KIM AKA KIRA!)

and you're such a TERRIBLE human being

it makes sense that all you could do to respond to such a thorough post is to lash out. you're inadequate and you know you are. a good offense is the best defensive mechanism.

i remember when you used to use ganon! you sucked back then, too, but at least you were unique. you could say, hey, here's noobking: he's bad but predominantly because his character is bad.

now? well, it's too bad your offense sucks.

HOW CAN YOU BE BAD WHEN YOUR BROTHER IS AMAZING! YOU'RE MANACLOUD 2.0!

except, low-key, manacloud was actually pretty ****ing good at this game. SOCAL!
stfu troll!! i bet ur ****ing terrible at this game lmfao

Apathy, stfu.
neighborhoodlamescrubtroll stfu

lol @ violence saying i don't know adam brown

proof's in the pudding
my pudding all over ur moms face

dont get me banned again ***

srsly edit ur f***en post
ur so fail at this game and trolling. just quit life already plz. go do everyone a favor and shoot urself, shouldnt be hard to get a gun in america lmfao. dont u notice nobody likes u.. even pple on the internet who barely know u hate u lmao. how many times did u get banned dayummm ur so useless to society.

what she said.

i meant, him
lets dota gogogog

way to focus in one like one of my brothers minor losses. He's defeated and gone hella close with top players, but I'm not about to Jock him.

You haven't even played me. Don't make any assumptions about my level of skill. I'm not too far behind my brother in terms of overall skill. I lack consistencey. However, I'm sure that if you played me, and experienced getting dismantled by a frigging falcon, your opinion of me might change, if only slightly ;)

Also, most people who have met me will telll you I'm generally a very positive and friendly person to be around. just say'n. :)

I assume you're not referring to me... ?
ull **** this piece of **** with ur eyes closed man...

you didn't even address the contradiction i pointed out. what, because i'm right and you're wrong in this instance you can't honestly address it? typical internet mentality of "i must win." and you've seen you can't win so you're attempting to save face.

but it's not a competition to me, and i have no face to save.

i don't blame you for not responding. i am merely disappointed your reply was so typical and intellectually dishonest.
stfu scrub ****, ur terrible at this game just uninstall plz

You can think all you want that you're being interesting and clever and trololololing everyone.

All I see is someone being an ******* for sake of being an *******.

However, as all internet arguments go, this has gone from being pointless to being even more pointless, so I don't think I'll be posting in here anymore.
lmfao nobody likes him hes uselessssss. only likes to piss pple off

you take yourself (and, consequently, others) waaaay too seriously.

pot, meet kettle.

i think everyone who knows me (or of me) knows exactly how to interpret my post. if you don't know me? get *****!

i do feel something for you, violence, so i'll explain myself a wee bit more:

1. your post makes me LOL because, hi, look at my sig!
2. i've had internet quips with noobknig before and he's nothing but a troll. i shut him down because i can out troll anyone when i feel like it. i felt like it.
3. did you even contextualize my post? i clearly stated i was taking back the thread from ****ty uninteresting posters.
nobody likes u thats u get banned n have to make new accts with new identity. y dont u tell us who u r? lmfao but we all know its u so obvious. fuking loser scrub useless dog ****

First, don't talk like you know Adam Brown. I may not approve of the things he does, but I'd never claim he's a terrible human being. Especially without knowing him personally. He's not a bad player and he doesn't live in his brother's shadow. There's a time and a place to call out someone, but it's not when they're correctly informing you that you're being an idiot.

Second, don't talk like you some sort of special authority on melee.

Until you understand that you're just as susceptible to the bias you accuse others of, you'll just continue to look like someone who doesn't know what he's talking about and make an *** of yourself.

All you're saying is worthless opinion just like all of the rest of us. I'm pretty sure Dajuan was correct in saying that it's too hard to rank everyone past the first 4 because everyone beats everyone in an interlaced web of good player circlejerking.

And I disagree with your assessment of Mango, Dajuan, and Johnny.
adams fu.keddddddddddddddddd lmfao

Hax

Smash Champion
something to consider is the small sample size of matches this list is incorrectly being derived from. surely a lot of you are ranking people higher than others because they won a single best of 3 tourney set over them. imo in melee you need to sit down and play 10 matches and win 7-3 over the other person to be able to say anything about relative skill; even then, that isn't a very big sample size.

after Mango, Armada, PP, M2K and Hbox there's a lot of gray area. anyone can **** anyone

unityole

Smash Lord
Originally Posted by Apathy
lol @ violence saying i don't know adam brown
proof's in the pudding

do everyone a favor and shoot urself, shouldnt be hard to get a gun in america lmfao.

lol
loler

i loled

LAWLL

LUUUULLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZ

something to consider is the small sample size of matches this list is incorrectly being derived from. surely a lot of you are ranking people higher than others because they won a single best of 3 tourney set over them. imo in melee you need to sit down and play 10 matches and win 7-3 over the other person to be able to say anything about relative skill; even then, that isn't a very big sample size.

after Mango, Armada, PP, M2K and Hbox there's a lot of gray area. anyone can **** anyone
yea basically.

id still beat you tho kage.

Top Bottom