• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 characters with the best set of Smash attacks?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wolf does have those fast KO making smash attacks. Too bad their ending lag could lead to Wolf's undoing if they get blocked.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Top five? Let's see...

1. Mr. Game and Watch (Dsmash and Fsmash are among the safest KO moves in the game and can be spammed like crazy, and Usmash can kill as low as 70%.)

2. Olimar (Are three are pretty safe attacks can be be spammed to oblivion.)

3. Zelda (Lagging hit box on F/U smash, great range, and all three are outstanding punishers.)

4. Mario (No glaring weaknesses overall)

5. Ice Climbers (No glaring weaknesses overall, decent KO power for all three, and Dsmash can do like 46% damage if spaced right.)

Worst:

1. Ike (All three are pretty much shield grabs waiting to happen. You really have to read your opponent well to nail them with one of these. Also, if you whiff completely, it's pretty much a free smash attack to the face.)

2. Sonic (Craptastic KO potential except for Fsmash which is pretty easy to dodge as it is.)

3. Bowser (Oddly enough, they have even less range than his grabs and you're pretty much SOL if you whiff.)

4. Jigglypuff (Remind me why you made it into Smash Bros again? :laugh: Slow and crappy range for D/U smash. Basically, her smash attacks are Kirby's with half the speed and a quarter less knock back.)

5. Ness (Lowest KO potential of all the smash attacks for U/D and his Fsmash is like half the speed of Lucas (but twice the power IF you land a tipper))

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Although I'd like to add more I'd have to say that theses are the characters with the BEST smash attacks.

1. G&W
2. Olimar
3. Lucas
4. Zelda
5. MK

SirDumpling

Smash Rookie
G&W (spammable, amazing KO potential, good range (Usmash has 0 range though, but good dmge))
Zelda (Usmash juggle *****)
Olimar (spammable, purple Pikmin have nice knockback)
Snake (Mines + mortars, anyone?)
Lucas (Usmash is crazy powerful)

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
When taking in all of their Smash attacks:

Mr. Game & Watch (1)
Meta Knight (2)
Lucas (3)

Individually, we have:

Ike's FSmash
Ivysaur's USmash
Luigi's FSmash
Wolf's DSmash
Zelda's USmash
Fox's USmash
Toon Link's DSmash
Marth's USmash
Snake's FSmash

Worst set of Smash Attacks:

Sonic (1)
Sheik (2)
Diddy Kong (3)*

*This one is debatable, ut I rarely ever get KO'd by my friend's Diddy's Smash attacks, and he always plays Diddy, and he's a **** good Diddy mainer. Diddy's aerials and special move meteors (Monkey Flip, Rocketbarrel Boost) and even an occasional BThrow KO me more often. I usually get knocked out of range from Diddy's intial hit before the "killer" hit from the Smash can connect.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Worst set of Smash Attacks:

Sheik (2)
I think her Fsmash is rather lame, but her Dsmash is comes out on Frame 4 (and I forgot to count this smash attack when I was talking about the speed of Zelda's, but that's ok), has three hitboxes (that can combo together for 34%), and hias very nice range and low cooldown when you consider how fast she recovers starting from the last hitbox.

Her Usmash is excellent. Where do I begin? It can hit twice for... I forget, a lot though, it can kill early (for Sheik, that is) if just the top hits, the DACUS version is great, it can be a combo finisher after a painful ftilt lock, and it sets up nicely for Zelda to come in.

Her smash attacks probably aren't the safest on block, but I don't think they're the worst overall.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think some people are judging on one Smash attack alone for some characters. For example, Metaknight's dsmash is amazing while the other two are okay and Snake's usmash is incredibly versitle while the c4 are better than landmines if you ask me and his Fsmash may be the most powerful in the game but the range is garbage overall and leaves you more open than Ike's if you whiff.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I think her Fsmash is rather lame, but her Dsmash is comes out on Frame 4 (and I forgot to count this smash attack when I was talking about the speed of Zelda's, but that's ok), has three hitboxes (that can combo together for 34%), and hias very nice range and low cooldown when you consider how fast she recovers starting from the last hitbox.

Her Usmash is excellent. Where do I begin? It can hit twice for... I forget, a lot though, it can kill early (for Sheik, that is) if just the top hits, the DACUS version is great, it can be a combo finisher after a painful ftilt lock, and it sets up nicely for Zelda to come in.

Her smash attacks probably aren't the safest on block, but I don't think they're the worst overall.
Well, I do appreciate the damage and "comboablility" she has with these Smash attacks, but like Diddy Kong, except for her USmash, its like you have to have precise expert precision to actually KO with he Smashes.

Maybe Sheik (and Diddy) don't have the worst set.

I think some people are judging on one Smash attack alone for some characters. For example, Metaknight's dsmash is amazing while the other two are okay and Snake's usmash is incredibly versitle while the c4 are better than landmines if you ask me and his Fsmash may be the most powerful in the game but the range is garbage overall and leaves you more open than Ike's if you whiff.
Well, Game & Watch really does have the best three, then. You can KO very early with any of his three, and even his slowest Smash has very little lag and a big hitbox.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I'm think (not in any specific order)

Luigi
Lucas
Gnw
Zelda
Pit
(pretty biased on the last 2)

Top Bottom