• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top C

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Scratching Donkey Kong's feet. Will she ever make it past C?
18 characters above, 18 characters below. Dead middle.

Meta Knight
Snake
Wario
Falco
Diddy Kong
King Dedede

Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Pikachu
Olimar
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Kirby

Lucario
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link
Pit
Donkey Kong

>>Peach<<
Luigi
Fox
Wolf
Sonic
Sheik

Bowser
Zelda
Pokémon Trainer
Ike

Lucas
Mario
Ness
Yoshi
Samus

Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf​

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
Soooo.... She didn't actually move up in the rank, just to the top of tier C. I guess that's ok?... maybe? :o

Not very exciting either way.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
^
^
Nope, she didn't move at all regarding characters' placement. Still 19th, everything else moved around, including the tier organization.

S and A are High tier.
B, C and D, Middle.
Everything else Low.

Peach is in the middle of the middle, with 5 characters above her and 5 below her from top of B to bottom of D.

Xyless

Smash Master
Still, I'm glad she at the very least didn't decline.

We'll get 'em next time though. With all this training.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
It's good to see Cpt. Falcon finally moved up. I knew he wasn't that bad.

Peach's placement is good, I think. She's not bad, she's not good either, but she certainly has a place on the upper tier, even if the tier catagories had shrunk (Thank god....)

I'm curious how Sonic moved up so quickly, I'm guessing there's a metagame with him that I overlooked?

And YES! Pokemon trainer is up!

Boo... Zelda got the boot. But at least Sheik is beginning to climb. If SSBB lasts long enough, I think Sheik can make it to the upper tier.

Wow... Wario is now better than Falco? That's a pretty weird twist in the who "god three" mojo.

Xyless

Smash Master
Wario has been a beast in the MW lately. Don't know about other places.

Considering Wario is one of the more reliable options against MK and can fair well against Snake as well, it's no wonder he's so high.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Eh, there's no complaints I can justify.

Doesn't stop me from making comments I can't justify anyways. :p

We'll be hanging out in B tier by the end of everything.

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Southern California [Anaheim/Fullerton, San Diego]
I'm content with where she is currently :3
with her current metagame in comparison to others, I feel that's where she belongs, top of C, but not quite enough to get to B

I actually rather like this tier list :O

and unless something decently sizable changes her metagame for the better, or until she manages to get a win from a big regional/large tourney [not in people count, but in the number of top level players; think Genesis or SCSA(?)], I feel that she's going to stay there
as I see S, A, B as the tourney-viable characters, and the C tier as the 'possible, but hasn't happened/not likely' or something like that :p

hova

Smash Champion
as far as Peach, we really haven't proved otherwise as of yet

the rest of the tier list looks kinda ridiculous though

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I'm curious how Sonic moved up so quickly, I'm guessing there's a metagame with him that I overlooked?
Sonic's been doing very well in tourneys. And he's not actually that bad. Plus, the Sonic mains defeated the might Overswarm, Lord of the Down Tilts. Really, what more could the SBR ask from them?

I'm disappointed Peach hasn't moved up but I'm happy with where she is and where she is atm is probably right. Like I've said before, she's good and can (probably) keep up with all the higher tiers but when push comes to shove, the characters above her are better. Being slap bang in the middle is pretty respectable I think :p

hiROI

Smash Lord
When I saw this thread, and I thought we changed the minds of SBR!
But...not really :/ I'm a little disappointed that with all these findings and she didnt move....at all :/
We just have to wait for the new list *sigh*

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I think that 19th place is probably about right for Peach. She has potential, for sure, but she has some large flaws that mean that she's unlikely to rise more than a couple of positions anytime soon. Meno's work on landing the USmash sweetspot might help in the future though. ;)

One thing I can't help but notice is that Peach has an extraordinary amount of neutral matchups. The majority of her matchups seem to be between 45:55 and 55:45. She seems to go even with a lot of high and low tier characters in the game, and she even soft counters a few high tier characters (Wario, Ice Climbers and Diddy Kong are all 55:45 or 60:40 in our favour, I think). The only really bad matchups she has are MK, Snake, Marth, Mr. Game and Watch and Falco.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
For now, I think this placement is good for her. But she has got a lot more potential than 'Middle'. In the future, she'll be in high tier. And when that happens, I tell you all:

"Yes, the old wise Yaaay said so, he said so..."

... But that's gonna take some work!

Peach4TopTier

Yes we can!

/speech

Cia

das kwl
I think her placement blows. she should be (at the very LEAST) top of B. granted i don't don't really go to brawl tournaments at all, so i'm not doing much to support my arguement. But i do know her match ups and I KNOW that she's better than frickin Pikachu..

oh well =/

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Pikachu has those chaingrabs on the likes of Fox and Falco (and even a partial one on MK) though :(

To be honest, I don't think I could say 'Peach is easily better than X character that's above her' apart from maybe DK and certainly Pit. All of the above are good characters and have at least one person representing them very well

Cia

das kwl
Pikachu has those chaingrabs on the likes of Fox and Falco (and even a partial one on MK) though :(
true. but the only good chaingrab on them is banned everywhere. the Fthrow chain grab is about as damaging as Peach's chain grab. after that, it becomes this insane struggle to build damage with Utilt, and Dsmash and other pikachu stuff. Peach can still mega combo them. and she has range!

i really know many of Pikachu's high tier match ups, but i'm pretty sure Peach handle's it better. i just don't see much potential in that character. =/

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
When I saw this thread, and I thought we changed the minds of SBR!
But...not really :/ I'm a little disappointed that with all these findings and she didnt move....at all :/
We just have to wait for the new list *sigh*
Those People needed my saying in that character to be honest. I knew this bull was gonna happen.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
she's in the same place, there's no problem with that. and woooooooooooooow they put all these chars in the same tier as MK. i swear it's a mindgame to try to get ppl not to ban him. xD

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
First tier list had Zelda in the middle. This one has Peach.

Wooo, Princesses.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Pikachu has consistently won large tournaments, and been a proven top tier defeater. Peach has done nothing like this to prove herself. IMO there is no chance in hell that Peach is a better character than Pikachu. Personally, I think Peach is better than Pit, and definitely better than DK when infinites are not banned. B ut everyone else who is above her deserves to be above her. I think she should be bottom of B rank, right under or above DK, and Pit should take her spot at top of C rank.

Peach is a good/decent character and this tier list reflects it. Other than being under Pit I'm quite happy at her placement. Yes Peach is great, but look at the characters above her. You can't tell me they aren't great characters either.

I also don't understand why you guys consider it a good thing for her to be raised higher. I like being under estimated.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The only thing I am pissed about is Pit and DK being over her, if that was to change then I be just fine where she is. she deserved that much, not this Bullcrap. Just what the hell was brought up in there to put DK and Peach over Pit. I swear if it is about her not killing well I am gonna spaz.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Peach is better than DK? Not to be rude, but I fail to see how you lot came to that conclusion. Better than Pit, probably, but I don't see how Peach can possibly be said to be better than Donkey Kong...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Peach is better than DK? Not to be rude, but I fail to see how you lot came to that conclusion. Better than Pit, probably, but I don't see how Peach can possibly be said to be better than Donkey Kong...
Why don't you tell me why you think he is better and watch me share the light upon you.

hova

Smash Champion
tier list is just a collective of opinions and everyone is entitled to their own opinion

just for some reason the opinions of those in the back room are more valid than anyone else on Smashboards

the tier list is nothing to argue over or debate, just something interesting to look at

i personally think that the majority of the list is completely out of wack, but that's just my opinion.

how about we spend our time a little more constructively

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Well, for a start he outranges us in both the air AND the ground. His tilts outrange almost all of our attacks bar turnips essentially, and when fighting in the air, his Bair outranges all our aerials, and really he doesn't need much else in that sense. In other words, you frequently have to use turnips to get in close.

As well as range, DK has way more killing power. DSmash is pretty fast and kills us at like 70-80%, his neutral B donkey punch kills us at 70% when slightly less than fully charged, and Uair, Bair and the like are all powerful finishers as well. USmash and FSmash are powerful too, but they're easier to avoid.

Whilst he can kill us at 80% or so with ease, he lives **** near forever, since he's the second heaviest character in the game, and his up B can stop all momentum (in the same fashion as bucket braking) after using Bair. If he combines that with good DI, then good luck trying to kill him at anything below 150%.

Yes, Peach is definitely better at comboing at close range, but since DK lives so much longer than us and has so much more killing power, that advanatge doesn't mean so much. To summarise, IMO Donkey Kong > Peach because he hs more range, much more killing power and much more survivability.

*prepares to have argument totally decimated* :laugh:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Well, for a start he outranges us in both the air AND the ground. His tilts outrange almost all of our attacks bar turnips essentially, and when fighting in the air, his Bair outranges all our aerials, and really he doesn't need much else in that sense. In other words, you frequently have to use turnips to get in close.

As well as range, DK has way more killing power. DSmash is pretty fast and kills us at like 70-80%, his neutral B donkey punch kills us at 70% when slightly less than fully charged, and Uair, Bair and the like are all powerful finishers as well. USmash and FSmash are powerful too, but they're easier to avoid.

Whilst he can kill us at 80% or so with ease, he lives **** near forever, since he's the second heaviest character in the game, and his up B can stop all momentum (in the same fashion as bucket braking) after using Bair. If he combines that with good DI, then good luck trying to kill him at anything below 150%.

Yes, Peach is definitely better at comboing at close range, but since DK lives so much longer than us and has so much more killing power, that advanatge doesn't mean so much. To summarise, IMO Donkey Kong > Peach because he hs more range, much more killing power and much more survivability.

You are analyzing the DK vs Peach matchup.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
mountain tiger:peach is better than DK, but NOT PIT

dark pch:its a 55:45 chance.
(peach:55 DK:45)

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Well, yes, in a sense, but really things like range, power, survivability etc. apply to all matchups. TBH, if it weren't for him getting infinited by D3, Donkey Kong would be a brilliant character. But maybe I'm missing something obvious here. If so, feel free to tell me. I accept that I may be wrong.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
DK went waaaaaay down so I wouldn't rly spas about it.

edit: Peach is better than DK. Peach is just one of those characters like Luigi and some others...it's just metaknight keeping her this low w/ pretty good/not bad matchups everywhere else.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado

That's kind of just how the Peach vs DK match up goes...and IIRC it's even anyway :p If you're playing DK on Wi Fi though I can see where you're coming from

DK suffers from that infinite DeDeDe has. That combined with the fact DeDeDe is a really good character anyway and is used a lot means...well, anyone could easily counterpick him against DK. The 'don't get grabbed' arguement is pretty worthless in this case aswell. It's DeDeDe, he has the grab range of Mr Tickle from Mr. Men

Kill power and range aren't everything. DK is pretty large too and his recovery isn't that great either. I imagine some DK main will shoot me down but there's nothing amazingly special about DK. Unless the infinite is very unrealistic to pull off or is very tight to do and frame perfect (which in DK's case it isn't, you grab, tilt forward a bit, press down and repeat), a character with an infinite like that...well chances are they aren't going to be very good. And no Wario doesn't count because he doesn't get grabbed

Top Bottom