• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Let me clear up some confusion. Aero=Frenum=Tom=Samus-T=Silva (not to be confused with a Melee player whose name is Silva followed by some numbers).

Scythe

Smash Master
so i tried skimming through that archive for some tlink action but all i saw was the falco matchup
any specific time stamps?

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
This Aero guy is the truth. For a while now, I've been feeling like TL has the tools to do well, but I wasn't sure what that should look like coming from him. I think he's definitely playing the character in a way to advance his metagame. I need to level up my Toon Link and catch up.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
are there any videos of super smash sunday yet?

socal's got meta knights. meta knights for dayssssss. on that note, put DSF back on you scoundrel

Nguz95

Smash Lord
I personally feel that chillindude's Wolf should be up there. He's beaten M2Ks fox with Wolf a few times, and he's gone really deep these last couple of tournaments.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Here's the second set of GF at Overflow; Aero vs. DEHF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSJoAWMnmRM

And Aero's match vs. Tyrant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6RvNGaBSTo
Judging from watching the first 2 matches of Tyrant vs. Aero, Tyrant doesn't really know Marth or maybe he just doesn't know the matchup, he's picking really weird options, isn't learning to counter Aero's F-smash after D-throw, and doesn't look like he knows how to edgeguard T-Link. He also seems to always dash attack from the ground. Maybe I'm just underrating Aero but eh.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Wolf is the only character I would really have more than 3 players on.

I would order it likely Chillin/SW, Scythe, Rat

I think I should definitely be in the run for MK. I have won tournaments going all MK beating Scythe/Rat and many others on a couple occasions. DSF should definitely be up there too.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Just checked the OP, how is Chillin not under the Wolfs?
There's a LOT of competition for Wolf. Chillin barely missed the cut, but the amount of people backing him up right now may change my mind.

A large point of these rankings is to encourage competition so more people will be willing to perform better and advance the metagame.

EDIT: OP is edited.

D

Deleted member

"Hey guys I'm a cool toonlink I want to be on the list"
Next week aero exists
:( I just wanted to be cool guys halp

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
dthrow -> fsmash is a thing with TL, it's not like it's gimmicky. <_<

Jolteon

If you're replying to me then my response if that I think Marth has enough time to use counter if DI'ed correctly, which Tyrant wasn't doing.

If you weren't replying to me....... Who were you replying to O.o?
I've played TL for a long time now and I've never seen someone DI/jump/counter etc. out of dthrow -> fsmash. I would be very surprised if it wasn't a true combo.

edit: Also G-rabbit knows what's up, TL is a really good character.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I've played TL for a long time now and I've never seen someone DI/jump/counter etc. out of dthrow -> fsmash. I would be very surprised if it wasn't a true combo.

edit: Also G-rabbit knows what's up, TL is a really good character.
I'd be surprised if that's guaranteed with good DI, especially since Marth has dolphin slash and counter, which both have invincibility and start quickly.

Yeah, T-Link can pressure the ledge well IMO with the use of his B-moves and D-Tilt. Other stuff too but meh.

Jolteon

I'd be surprised if that's guaranteed with good DI, especially since Marth has dolphin slash and counter, which both have invincibility and start quickly.

Yeah, T-Link can pressure the ledge well IMO with the use of his B-moves and D-Tilt. Other stuff too but meh.
up+b is only invincible on frame 5 though. I could definitely be wrong though, since I haven't done a frame-by-frame analysis, which I guess I should do at some point.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm curious, after all the talk about me being removed for being inactive...why is it that I get removed when I become active? Just wondering.

Player -0

Smash Hero
up+b is only invincible on frame 5 though. I could definitely be wrong though, since I haven't done a frame-by-frame analysis, which I guess I should do at some point.
If the T-Link is already starting the F-Smash then Dolphin Slash should hit him, with or without the invincibility. And if the T-Link pauses before beginning the F-Smash then Marth should definitely have enough time for a counter.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
are there any videos of super smash sunday yet?

socal's got meta knights. meta knights for dayssssss. on that note, put DSF back on you scoundrel
Supersmash sunday was awesome, they have it on their twitch channel, i was about to go to, but stuff got in the way

Gallo69

Smash Apprentice
Yo this is Eli in Leelue's body at Guru's house pretending to be Gallo speaking for Zhime while Jiang leaks me info on skype and Strong Bad tells me stuff on facebook while Calabrel johns to me on facebook about Oro

What does it take to be #1 Zelda? I mean I beat Mango

And Gallo should def be on the Mario list
Except he loses to Bowsers like a scrub

Like all of you on this list

Yo I'm the best Wolf
I would be the best Pit but I don't post on smashboards enough

D

Deleted member

yeah that's him.

after watching chillin get molested i guess i don't feel so bad.

Rat

Smash Lord
Would you take me off your list? I'd prefer being removed to being "<---TEMP".

Zwarm

Smash Hero
The problem between Rat and Scythe is they play each other all the time in IL, and Scythe usually wins. Rat did amazing at TBH3, but I'm pretty sure Scythe got top 8 as well. It's close, but I think it should go to Scythe. Sorry Nick :(

You still beat me way harder than Diego does. Scythe is free :yeahboi:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Would you take me off your list? I'd prefer being removed to being "<---TEMP".
Sorry, but you're just so good. It's hard to decide.

The problem between Rat and Scythe is they play each other all the time in IL, and Scythe usually wins. Rat did amazing at TBH3, but I'm pretty sure Scythe got top 8 as well. It's close, but I think it should go to Scythe. Sorry Nick :(

You still beat me way harder than Diego does. Scythe is free :yeahboi:
Rankings should not be judged by dittos. Tourney results are much more reliable.

Scythe

Smash Master
i have better tourney results overall, but i have played wolf longer than him after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom