• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
fair doesnt have enough range to beat out CC options.

Grab is hard to get vs anyone who's good. Pit doesn't really have any good ways to scare people in to respecting you long enough for a grab.

LuxDeluxe

Smash Rookie
so how about the new characters being added? reserved spots for (samus: hugs or esam) (ice climbers: fly aminita) (olimar: ?) (yoshi: AMSA) (kirby: TKbreezy? maybe? don't know) (olimar: ?)

Burnsy

Smash Lord
so how about the new characters being added? reserved spots for (samus: hugs or esam) (ice climbers: fly aminita) (olimar: ?) (yoshi: AMSA) (kirby: TKbreezy? maybe? don't know) (olimar: ?)
Hold your horses. Lets make sure these people are going to be playing the characters when they come out, or more importantly for this thread, recording videos with them. Sethlon on the other hand is a different situation, we know for sure he'll be in Roy videos.

Even though Taj is undoubtably going to be godlike with Mewtwo, I worry about the same thing for him. But I'm hopefull that he might start coming out to tournaments and enter P:M more often after Mewtwo is released.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Well, if it counts for anything, Taj was able to test out Mewtwo before release a while back and the things he did with Mewtwo were crazy. He even started to make use of the Hover which was really cool as well as Teleport -> aerials.

Rat

Smash Lord
I'm calling best morph ball only Samus. Screw using fancy beam swaps n stuff. Morph Ball!

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Well, if it counts for anything, Taj was able to test out Mewtwo before release a while back and the things he did with Mewtwo were crazy. He even started to make use of the Hover which was really cool as well as Teleport -> aerials.
Yea, I heard about that. He has entered 1 or 2 AZ P:M tournaments in the last year, and just randomly shows up really. Even if he doesn't play 3.0 any more often than he did in 2.5-2.6, there will probably still be at least a couple videos of him, like there are from this year.

Also callin it now, Rizner is gonna be the best Kirby, sorry guys. That guy loooooooooooooooves Kirby.

Rizner

Smash Ace
Yea, I heard about that. He has entered 1 or 2 AZ P:M tournaments in the last year, and just randomly shows up really. Even if he doesn't play 3.0 any more often than he did in 2.5-2.6, there will probably still be at least a couple videos of him, like there are from this year.

Also callin it now, Rizner is gonna be the best Kirby, sorry guys. That guy loooooooooooooooves Kirby.
Oh hi. That's the plan, and will start in tournaments with him on the 14th. Kirby da best. And thanks for the shout out, Burnsy

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
The reserved thing was kind of for lulz. I'm also a bit of Taj fanboy too be honest haha. It was actually watching Taj videos that got me into smash.

I think that this thread needs to figure out what it's going for before doing any things like add videos for everyone (even not on the list) or expanding the list or even requiring videos for those on it.

If you're looking to just rank the top 3 for each character, videos would be great but I don't think they're necessary.
If you're looking for a place that people vie for a top 3 position, but at the same time showing techniques and playstyles to others, then I'd say make it a requirement for videos to be on the list (I would probably prefer this option, although it would make it harder for lesser known players to get on here without going to tournaments and whatnot)
If you're looking to list all high level players for each character, remove the limit and don't require videos.
If you're looking for ^ but also to show different playstyles and whatnot to people, remove the limit but still require videos.
If this is just going to be a thread for good players to be showcased and as a mostly training thread to show what characters are capable of, then have a list with videos from more that might not be on the list. This seems like a weird option, and would possibly warrant its own thread but I don't see how it would fit into the idea of this one as it currently stands.

Just my 2 cents
Thanks for your input. I prefer putting the top 3 players up there, but videos from any good player under their respective characters. That way you have both good gameplay footage as well as the top 3 players per each character.

Rizner

Smash Ace
So while I would probably say keep the Zelda list as it is, I'd like to note I got 1st at a tournament yesterday with Zelda (only 12 entrants, though, and I don't remember seeing any recording setups). I think if I showed more consistency (or had videos of me playing well) I would start challenging for the spot.

http://smashboards.com/threads/game-on-monthly-1-results-11-23-13.342937/

also should note that when 3.0 is out I'll be maining Kirby and Zelda.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dun dun dunnnnnnn

THE ROB TRAIN IS BACK, CHOO CHOO TO THE TOP

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I'm not even familiar with who lives in what state in America and I could tell this was referring to JCaesar's region lol.
In all seriousness I'm sure most of us are pretty free in comparison to the rest of you guys, yeah. But as far as I know? There are very few of us who play the char at a reasonable level; and honestly I don't think I believe in half of the list I'm looking at, yet I'm still not that great at the game.

You don't have to remind anyone how amazing you are, that's not what I'm getting at lol

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
In all seriousness I'm sure most of us are pretty free in comparison to the rest of you guys, yeah. But as far as I know? There are very few of us who play the char at a reasonable level; and honestly I don't think I believe in half of the list I'm looking at, yet I'm still not that great at the game.

You don't have to remind anyone how amazing you are, that's not what I'm getting at lol
Im confused, is this post directed at me not deserving to be on the list or telling me to not remind people how 'amazing' I am or both or none lol :confused:
Cos all I was doing was laughing at Eli's comment, and the fact that with no location knowledge I knew who he was refering to.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I actually took a break from Diddy Kong during 2.6 so maybe by default you could get on the list :p . I'll definitely be picking him back up for 3.0 though.

Real talk though as the lead dev and envisioning the ideal playstyle I had in mind for the character I've probably been most impressed by AbstractLogic's Diddy recently. Really creative with banana management and setups especially when using nanners to control space when edgeguarding so it's fun to watch; if he steps up his overall technical consistency I could see him placing really high and being a dominant Diddy player to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEhwQQ8B6qg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CufBTx7dNOA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YFNszWhixc

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
I actually took a break from Diddy Kong during 2.6 so maybe by default you could get on the list :p . I'll definitely be picking him back up for 3.0 though.

Real talk though I've probably been most impressed by AbstractLogic's Diddy recently. Really creative with banana management and setups especially when using nanners to control space when edgeguarding; if he steps up his technical consistency he could see him placing really high and being a dominant Diddy player to watch.
I play with that guy all the time. Every time it seems like he has some kind of new trick to show me. It's really impressive to see the creative things he comes out of the lab with.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Actually I was kinda joking on that one, poking at you is still fun even though you aren't here Lol. I've been looking for gameplay from you for a long time.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Everyone needs game-play refinements.
Too much jumping into arpe in this game due to simple knowledge-base and lack of exp, at all levels of play.
*inb4condescendingdouchebagcomments

Creative **** is the only thing that counts.
:p

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Matt raises a very good question. Why is he on this list?
:yeahboi:

k9.

Smash Ace
@KayB What do you have to do to get on the list? Should I list my wins and placements?

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
So while I would probably say keep the Zelda list as it is, I'd like to note I got 1st at a tournament yesterday with Zelda (only 12 entrants, though, and I don't remember seeing any recording setups). I think if I showed more consistency (or had videos of me playing well) I would start challenging for the spot.

http://smashboards.com/threads/game-on-monthly-1-results-11-23-13.342937/

also should note that when 3.0 is out I'll be maining Kirby and Zelda.

Great job man!! Good to see you constantly improving. I wish I could play with you one of these days. I haven't played at all since WHOBO 5 (taking a break and school stuff) so you may be able to pass me up.

Once 3.0 comes out though, I'm gonna experiment with a bunch of different characters and maybe leave Zelda for a while, so you could probably take my spot after 3.0. I can always come back, but I kinda want to expand my skills for now and not get too stale and comfortable with Zelda.

Rizner

Smash Ace
Great job man!! Good to see you constantly improving. I wish I could play with you one of these days. I haven't played at all since WHOBO 5 (taking a break and school stuff) so you may be able to pass me up.

Once 3.0 comes out though, I'm gonna experiment with a bunch of different characters and maybe leave Zelda for a while, so you could probably take my spot after 3.0. I can always come back, but I kinda want to expand my skills for now and not get too stale and comfortable with Zelda.
Yeah, I feel the same way. It'll be interesting to see how many Zelda's stay as only her and how many try out new things. I'll probably enter the next tournament without zelda but keep her for if I lose the first match in a set and feel she'd do better. It'd be nice to have two characters top level instead of just the one.

GeZ

Smash Lord

Is there any particular reason you don't use JC Usmash OoQD? Or WD OoQD for good positioning? I always thought one of Ike's strongest tools was his ability to rapidly cover distance while being able to plant himself and space out other pokes when he wants to. Is it just not worth using? Still, good matches. Love seeing people rep Ike. He doesn't get enough use now, which blows. Also Chaingrab 2god.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I QD wavedash every once in a while but I generally prefer Dash-Dancing. QD-WD stuff is kinda tricky and can trip some people up at first but it's really not great for neutral game positioning compared to Dash-Dancing.
I might not QD UpSmash just because it's hard to keep in mind all of Ike's options in a match haha. His combo tree is really diverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom