• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
If you are that good you can be proud of your deeds...
EDIT: Btw: M2K does that when a MK plays because he mentally suffers so hard from not playing MK although he wants (Brawl reasons). Thats the way he expresses it

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
M2K is actually one of the more vocal supporters of P:M in the Melee community, and he seems like a decent fellow. I don't even mind the arrogance too much, all things considered he can trash talk as much as he wants since he does back it up with his tournament results.

It's just distressing to see him call out characters he loses to as imbalanced or broken, ignoring that a match-up is actually much in his character's favor and undermining his opponent's victory through statements that are neither sportsmanlike nor factual. It's a very scrub-like mentality that you'd think a player of his caliber wouldn't suffer from. Guess not.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

m2ks voice in pm is kind of off though...

FALCON NAIR IS BORKNE

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
Infinity came and played at one of our biweeklies and we got some recordings, heres the one that has been uploaded, him vs blondie/wes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHRvL0nzjGk

edit: i'll post any others we upload later

(also i was lurking a few pages back and abstractlogic is also from texas, so either way, disqo or abstract, there is a texan top diddy)

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
M2K might be better at Roy than Sethlon...

If the only goal was destroying Spacies on FD

In fact, you could give M2K a lifetime achievement award for that with any character

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Replace Ryoko with KDJ for best Zelda. Ryoko has no recent results, KDJ won the last Smashing Grounds Weekly (36 entrants) beating Zoso, Sora, myself, and others. Furthermore, I have played both him and Rizner and can confirm (if Rizner is the only one looking for the next spot) that KDJ is on a different ****ing level. This man is too real. Stay tuned every Thursday if you want proof.

Also, Sanity Thief/Wolf should take Hylian or Nick Riddle's place on best Link. Wolf is definitely top 3 Links in the world right now, having won almost every local he's entered and making 49th at Apex. Again, there will be evidence of his play this Thursday streamed at the Smashing Grounds Weekly.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
There are too many Link boomerang players throwers skilled users? mashers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Haha guys look at me, I'm link and I have a boomerang thats plus on block

toonlinks boomerang can... uhh... shutup.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
There are too many Link boomerang players throwers skilled users? mashers.
There are too many skilled projectile competitors complainer. DMG, always furthering his (complaint) game.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DMG x Complaint^2 = Nerf^Patch

Fear my equation as your characters suffer!

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
That means Nerf=(DMG*Complain/2)^(1/Patch). DMG seems high, Complain too, Patch is over 1 but it doesn't help. Complain-> infinite means Nerf -> infinite. Boomerang will be Pichu Tier help!!

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You'd be lucky if he even has a Boomerang when I'm done

He'd be shooting chickens out of a cannon if I were making this game

D

Deleted member

Links new side b is the spinner from twilight princess, his approach is uber mega buffed

D

Deleted member

The sheer cognitive dissonance he might experience if he ever loses to a Sheik would be ... frightening to behold, probably.
That happened when we played at Pound 5.5 and he was totally fine. We've known each other for a long time though so idk. I think it was fine because we just both had a lot of fun when we were playing.

I'm pretty sure CF vs ivysaur is like.... actually the worst match in the game. ivy bair is hilariously brutal vs falcon lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
That happened when we played at Pound 5.5 and he was totally fine. We've known each other for a long time though so idk. I think it was fine because we just both had a lot of fun when we were playing.

I'm pretty sure CF vs ivysaur is like.... actually the worst match in the game. ivy bair is hilariously brutal vs falcon lmao
Well, I wasn't being 100% serious, lol.

I do wonder why he thinks Sheik is so bad, though. I guess she just feels really off to him, considering he knows the character well enough that 1 frame jank would actually be noticeable.

To be perfectly honest I do kind of feel that P:M Marth is different from Melee Marth, too, but I keep it to myself >.>

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
To be perfectly honest I do kind of feel that P:M Marth is different from Melee Marth, too, but I keep it to myself >.>
This. Melee Marth seems to play smoother for some reason. It might just be the sound effects though.

As of late, I've only seen M2K use Shiek in PM for doubles, and even there he rarely uses her.

Also, good job with the OP KayB, looks much more up-to-date and accurate now.

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman

I do wonder why he thinks Sheik is so bad, though. I guess she just feels really off to him, considering he knows the character well enough that 1 frame jank would actually be noticeable.

I think I remember him telling me it was something about sheiks grab system. He seems to have liked the melee system better.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
M2K had a multitude of reasons he doesn't like PM Sheik.

As for Falcon vs Ivy, that MU used to be heavily skewed against Falcon. It's improved a tad, but I'm not too sold on the idea of Falcon absolutely winning. Ivy kind of sets up a GG scenario vs Falcon: approaching through the air WILL lose to Bair, and approaching on the ground relies on baiting them instead of anything actually forceful. If you expect things like Ivy DD into Pivot tilts (which would help shut down Falcon approaches even further), then the MU doesn't look too friendly.

The problem most Ivy players have, is locking yourself into a sequence or chain of actions. Ivysaur is a pretty strong character if you do 1 safe option, and then wait a bit. Where you people get into trouble, is throwing Razor leaf and immediately rushing the opponent, or *always* doing aerial into another aerial or into a RL. If you pick one single option, and aren't punished for it, don't commit into another option and give the opponent even more time to get inside and punish you. If you ever do a Bair and drift away without freaking the **** out and needing another attack/hitbox immediately out, you'll see exactly what I mean lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

melee marth and pm marth do play out quite differently. it's not just you.

m2k doesn't like pm sheik because her throws aren't guaranteed combos. all of the melee sheik players think they should be able to play melee sheik in pm for some reason. if you play pm sheik in pm she's much better.

they all go to fox eventually anyway.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Replace Ryoko with KDJ for best Zelda. Ryoko has no recent results, KDJ won the last Smashing Grounds Weekly (36 entrants) beating Zoso, Sora, myself, and others. Furthermore, I have played both him and Rizner and can confirm (if Rizner is the only one looking for the next spot) that KDJ is on a different ****ing level. This man is too real. Stay tuned every Thursday if you want proof.

Also, Sanity Thief/Wolf should take Hylian or Nick Riddle's place on best Link. Wolf is definitely top 3 Links in the world right now, having won almost every local he's entered and making 49th at Apex. Again, there will be evidence of his play this Thursday streamed at the Smashing Grounds Weekly.
Can I see some videos for both Sanity Thief/Wolf and KDJ? A link to the twitch archives are fine, but a youtube video would be optimal.

Speaking of, I want that spot back, lol.
I did poorly at apex, but since then have gotten I think 17th at shuffle (pool loss to zero, bracket loss to m2k and solharath) and 5th at djt first date last weekend (60 something entrants, results not yet posted). On top of that, it's my understanding that ryoko doesn't really play (at least at tournaments) anymore and idk if he has since 3.0 came out.
I'll put you up there seeing as how Salem doesn't really enter PM tournaments consistently, but should he have a better result in the near future, he could usurp your spot.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
>Boomerang of Glory
>Boomerang of Shame

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Can I see some videos for both Sanity Thief/Wolf and KDJ? A link to the twitch archives are fine, but a youtube video would be optimal.

I'll put you up there seeing as how Salem doesn't really enter PM tournaments consistently, but should he have a better result in the near future, he could usurp your spot.
EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAIIMiVssmgrK1O95hH9v52oCk9bHM74M

There are a good amount of his matches with him using Shielda (mostly zelda) all the way through until GF where he breaks out Mewtwo. There's a game in there of KDJ against my Ness, as well as against Zoso's Marth (Zoso being one of the highest caliber Melee Marths in NE).

He's significantly better IMO than almost anyone not named Zhime. I would also put Wolf's Zelda over Rizner, having played both. Wolf is the hardest Zelda i've faced outside of KDJ and Zhime (and I've played Rizner).

Again, not sure I have much footage of Wolf, but he'll be on stream tomorrow so you'll have a shot to check him out then.

Last edited:

Paradoxium

Smash Master
See people, this is what I'm talking about. My boy KDJ breaking down more preconceived notions about the meta game, showing us that Zelda does not have to play defensively, that an aggressive strategy still works.

Rizner

Smash Ace
See people, this is what I'm talking about. My boy KDJ breaking down more preconceived notions about the meta game, showing us that Zelda does not have to play defensively, that an aggressive strategy still works.
It's actually better to be aggressive in some matchups. Idk about the videos, though. Seems like he throws out smash attacks often with not much thought, sufferings lands then and sometimes gets minutely punished, and that his dins placements aren't that great. He has tons of tech skill and can move around well, but his options aren't always the best. Lots of the time people walked into his things, or instead of getting a kill he would throw damage on then edgeguard, which worked, but gives the opponent an opportunity which isn't needed.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Yeah a bunch of us who play there (esp. me) aren't used to fighting Zelda at all. Over time we'll adopt to the match up and our matches with him will be a better reflection of his skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom