• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizner

Smash Ace
Yeah a bunch of us who play there (esp. me) aren't used to fighting Zelda at all. Over time we'll adopt to the match up and our matches with him will be a better reflection of his skill.
Yeah, and I expect he will also adapt pretty quickly and get a lot better as you all push him for it, too. Looking forward to seeing more zelda stuff, too

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Yeah, and I expect he will also adapt pretty quickly and get a lot better as you all push him for it, too. Looking forward to seeing more zelda stuff, too
I'm pretty practiced against Zelda at this point, having played His, Zhime's, yours, Wolf's, and some other locals'. I think he's really really good. He might not do the cute din's fire stuff that some of the keepaway flowchart zeldas are doing, but he understands her fair/bair better than any other zelda (Zhime included). On top of that, he gets really good punishes off of all the Zelda stuff.

Rizner

Smash Ace
I'm pretty practiced against Zelda at this point, having played His, Zhime's, yours, Wolf's, and some other locals'. I think he's really really good. He might not do the cute din's fire stuff that some of the keepaway flowchart zeldas are doing, but he understands her fair/bair better than any other zelda (Zhime included). On top of that, he gets really good punishes off of all the Zelda stuff.
What about fair and bair does he know better? Also he played pretty unsafe at times, and got punished himself. I don't really understand what it is you're saying he is better at :-\

The_NZA

Smash Lord
What about fair and bair does he know better? Also he played pretty unsafe at times, and got punished himself. I don't really understand what it is you're saying he is better at :-\
Landing the sweetspots, which when understood, ups her kill power to ridiculous levels.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'd like to see him play different people and MUs. He's clearly mastered (or at least is very experienced at) the Ness MU and, like most top players, does reasonably well against good Fox's and Marth's. I'd have to see him play more MUs and people and go in tournaments outside of Smashing Grounds before I can even consider him to be better than Zhime. I hope you understand that.
Like Rizner said, it's also possible that many in your region are inexperienced at playing the Zelda MU. While you are experienced, players like Zoso and the like may not be.

Last edited:

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I never argued he was better than Zhime. Just better than Rizner. I put him solidly as second best Zelda right now.

But personally, I'd also put Salem above Rizner. Once again, this is based on my Apex experience of playing both Salem and Rizner. Although, like you said, 1 matchup doesn't mean that much.

Oracle

Smash Master
Its korean dj there should be no doubt in his skill lol. Have you even seen the smash documentary?

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I'd like to see him play different people and MUs. He's clearly mastered (or at least is very experienced at) the Ness MU and, like most top players, does reasonably well against good Fox's and Marth's. I'd have to see him play more MUs and people and go in tournaments outside of Smashing Grounds before I can even consider him to be better than Zhime. I hope you understand that.
Like Rizner said, it's also possible that many in your region are inexperienced at playing the Zelda MU. While you are experienced, players like Zoso and the like may not be.
There was a time when he was the second best melee player in the world, haven't you ever heard of KoreanDJ?

Oh i guess oracle beat me too it, but really tho KoreanDJ is super good

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This is not the place for pokemon discussion.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Be on the lookout for VWins's Ike. He was beating m2k's spacies 70:30 at polybash.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
He says he's a lot of fun to use, the speed and power. I had the honor of getting bodied by him in pools. 3 stocked both matches. In teams, him and his teammate (Pest) went double Ike, pretty entertaining to watch.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
We've meet. I spent the weekend at KO's place for KiT a while back. I was the brown guy who wasn't kman or ignori.
Ha ha ok got ya, and yeah maybe, I never heard of pb&j until KIT, but I figured I'd mention him because I was under the impression that he has been in the community for a while
When am I going to be on this list?
You've got my vote broski

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
:samus2: Samus - ESAM, Plup, Vanguard

Dittos:
Vanguard vs Boot.elf: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4g7GhqlX68
I don't believe Vanguard and Boot.elf did a very good job representing Samus. Both of them SD pretty badly and didn't play well. Instead, I recommend Dyna Dash. This person has friendlies recorded and has a great Melee Samus history. Here are all the recordings I've found on Dash.

DynaDash:
Vs Fuerza Don (Ganondorf)
Vs Guldo (Yoshi)
Vs Muhsoce (Sonic)
Vs Muhsoce (Sonic) 2

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I don't believe Vanguard and Boot.elf did a very good job representing Samus. Both of them SD pretty badly and didn't play well. Instead, I recommend Dyna Dash. This person has friendlies recorded and has a great Melee Samus history. Here are all the recordings I've found on Dash.

DynaDash:
Vs Fuerza Don (Ganondorf)
Vs Guldo (Yoshi)
Vs Muhsoce (Sonic)
Vs Muhsoce (Sonic) 2
Unfortunately, I can't put up anyone that doesn't have results on an already full list. I can put his videos up though. Regardless as to whether or not he's better than Vanguard, I still need results or at least a battle history. It would be unfair to the people already on the list.

Also, 7 months of working on this thread and trying to keep it up to date, and the OP finally got it's first like. Glad to see someone cares.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I don't know how good the people are he plays, but he had a lot of videos of himself slapping some guy named guldo... That guy was not good, at all. to get on the list, you usually gotta beat some high caliber players and place in some tournaments. I could see him getting honorable mention though.

Last edited:

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
I'm not one for self promotion usually, but I think that I should be considered as a top Kirby player now. I've been placing well with him here in Texas and playing well against other top players. I think many other Texas players would vouch for me at this point.

Here are some videos for consideration:
Vs. Denti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew9oFbuc0h0
Vs. Abstract Logic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzlmQUP_S7E

D

Deleted member

I've played G rabbits kirby.... It's aight
Theres pretty much NO kirbys that are legit right now. I don't even think chu's is near what kirby could be. G rabbits got a looooot of improvement ahead of him but I think he's solid enough to consider.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Kirby Dash attack is a weird character

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
I've played G rabbits kirby.... It's aight
Theres pretty much NO kirbys that are legit right now. I don't even think chu's is near what kirby could be. G rabbits got a looooot of improvement ahead of him but I think he's solid enough to consider.
I've made significant improvements since PARG2 (when those videos were taken). My last sets against Denti and AeroLink were much closer at the last San Antonio monthly. But I do agree that I still have room for improvement. The main reason I feel I deserve consideration as a top Kirby player is largely due to lack of representation for the character, but I have been placing well with him in a competitive region and I'm getting better every day.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
So... uh. Why isn't Carls on the Top-3 list for Wario? People talk about Pink Fresh being on there for getting 17th, but Carls beat him pretty free. And wins tournaments in this region. Was a close set vs Zinoto away from Top-8 at Shuffle (who he has beaten in the past).

Soul Pech is probably the 2nd best (only other) Jigglypuff player as well. Though he's not played him in 3.0, he's never lost to Solharath and 1) Made Ripple switch off of DDD so he wouldn't lose to him at Shuffle V and 2) was still one input away from beating him anyway.

JT (Sonic) is also close to being up there. Solharath can probably vouch for him.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
So... uh. Why isn't Carls on the Top-3 list for Wario? People talk about Pink Fresh being on there for getting 17th, but Carls beat him pretty free. And wins tournaments in this region. Was a close set vs Zinoto away from Top-8 at Shuffle (who he has beaten in the past).

Soul Pech is probably the 2nd best (only other) Jigglypuff player as well. Though he's not played him in 3.0, he's never lost to Solharath and 1) Made Ripple switch off of DDD so he wouldn't lose to him at Shuffle V and 2) was still one input away from beating him anyway.

JT (Sonic) is also close to being up there. Solharath can probably vouch for him.
I don't know about them because I didn't see the Shuffle V stream and their match videos weren't uploaded by VGbootcamp. If you can link me to their vids, that would be optimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom