• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm going to guess gameguys forgot to enable saving to archives, you have to manually do it now in your twitch settings. So basically we lost the footage! Hooray for gameguys not letting TLOC stream!

(All of the DFW players went to an oklahoma tourney this weekend because of the gameguys not allowing them to stream btw)
So the footage of ZeRo beating mew2king is gone forever? *sigh*

But in other news, I FINALLY GOT @ RaptorTEC RaptorTEC FOOTAGE

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
http://www.twitch.tv/houstongameguys2/b/551805247
Don't you guys know how to find this?
It's near the end, just google twitch tools, download the section of the archive, then upload to youtube.
Or ask someone to do it. But quickly, it may have a limited time left on twitch.
I did not know you could actually do that. So I downloaded it and making some basic edits, it should be uploaded on youtube plus some other matches within a few hours hopefully. I'll try to update the OP with other stuff to that just showed up (AZ, NYC, and Boston tournaments have been uploaded), but that might be delayed.

EDIT:
FYI, quality is okay at best, but there's no blur for some of the videos.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Just saw some of that EVO PM
I think k9 should learn how to really use down B

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
btw @ Oracle Oracle , you wouldn't happen to have a spreadsheet or anything like that about who's going to LTC2, right? I want to check and see who's going for this list.

So the playlist for Intergalactic Kegger is here.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL53SEV2fzspyjD8bBdjAg2Pa5FyYLQJFz
It's **** quality I know. This is the first time I ever did this go easy on me.

If anyone wants to upload better versions be my guest.

EDIT: Re-uploaded everything to 720p (except Skeith vs Mojo) and everything is re-formatted to fit the size of the youtube player.

Last edited:

SouthernGent

Smash Cadet
There should be an archive for the Intergalactic Kegger, I went into the twitch setting myself and set it to archive but if this did not happen I will have to fix it when I am there Friday for the weekly.

EDIT: It just hit me that I did that for the Melee computer and forgot to double check the PM computer. That is on me, my bad guys -_-

Last edited:

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
btw @ Oracle Oracle , you wouldn't happen to have a spreadsheet or anything like that about who's going to LTC2, right? I want to check and see who's going for this list.

So the playlist for Intergalactic Kegger is here.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL53SEV2fzspyjD8bBdjAg2Pa5FyYLQJFz
It's **** quality I know. This is the first time I ever did this go easy on me.

If anyone wants to upload better versions be my guest.
Sorry to be of bother but would you mind uploading my match with M2K from this tourney? Plz and thank you.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Sorry to be of bother but would you mind uploading my match with M2K from this tourney? Plz and thank you.
I'll try. It won't be great quality.

EDIT: I found a way to up the quality. Guess I'm re-uploading everything. *sigh*

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Update on up and coming players:
Bleachigo, a ZSS player who eliminated Hylian at SKTAR 3, recently beat CruzyCakes and took a game off Emukiller.
Youngster Joey is also another up and coming Mewtwo main who has had a string of great wins.

EDIT:
@ Skeith Skeith Here ya go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3uH_xBfTH4

In all it's HD glory.

All the matches have been re-uploaded so that they are formatted to fit the youtube player and have the option to play in 720p.

Except Skeith vs Mojo. That ones on 360p. Sorry, but you guys are just going to have to live with that. Skeith, if you really want me to upload Skeith vs Mojo in 720p, I'll do it, but don't expect it until a day later.

Last edited:

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
who are other notable zss', I'm having trouble finding matches worth watching that aren't Oro!?

I want to improve/namesearch less

Page 1, woops.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Other up and coming players, Ganondorf player Spider Sense has beaten Porkchops, Mewtwo main Prof has beaten Spider Sense, and ZSS player Xaltis has beaten Porkchops and Bleagelo.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
OP updated with NYC Smash Twentyfour videos, AZMeleevideos, and Infinity and Beyond.

@ KayB KayB You might want to keep an eye on this Kirby player, Gnosis. He wins most of the local events he enters and has made respectable showings against the Texas elite.

Gnosis (Kirby) vs Sethlon (Roy)
Gnosis (Kirby) vs Denti (Ivysaur, Ganondorf)

Fair warning, you probably want to lower the volume before you watch the sets.
Not only do you reference me to a good player who plays a rare character, you also link me to another channel I can sub to? You are doing gods work sir.

Last edited:

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
OP updated with NYC Smash Twentyfour videos, AZMeleevideos, and Infinity and Beyond.

Not only do you reference me to a good player who plays a rare character, you also link me to another channel I can sub to? You are doing gods work sir.
No problem dude!

As long as I'm plugging Oklahoma players, I should probably mention Zinth (Marth/Pit), Zeej (Ness/Sonic), JZ (Ivysaur), Bassem (Roy), and I guess myself (Snake/Roy). It's almost a crime with how few recorded sets of JZ there are right now (he's in MI for the summer), but the dude's no joke - he's taken sets off of Strong Bad, Dakpo, and Luck.

But yeah, I hope you enjoy the Stock Cancel Gaming channel! Here's another one that's been rapidly improving in quality thanks to @SilentProtagonist: KC Smash Bros. That's where most of my matches from this summer are, and it's also got sets featuring guys like Strong Bad, Xion and RunDMX.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Shout outs to Stock Cancel Gaming for archiving their videos from IYHI.

Shoutouts to Dads Squirtle too!

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
@ KayB KayB if you are looking for YT channels to sub to, LafayetteSmash has a lot of LA's stuff. We don't have a huge number of notable players unfortunately but I'm sure we will eventually.

Last edited:
3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Interesting to not see Luck or AeroLink up there for their respective characters. Guess I gotta go ICs for the tourney tomorrow to get my name up there for 3rd best. ;-)

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio

Do you keep up with the TLOC streams at all?

I would like plug myself (I usually don't like doing these kinds of things). I main Roy/ZSS obviously, but right now I've been working toward improving my ZSS so I can get on the list for her (I'll work to get on the Roy list eventually). My ZSS has managed to beat Disafter, who is currently ranked 13th on the Southwest PR and used to be ranked Top 10. Other than that, my ZSS hasn't caused any upsets but it's been relatively close to taking games off other pros such as Awestin. She also beats G-Rabbit in-tourney pretty consistently, who is the 2nd listed Kirby player on this list.

My Roy has managed to take quite a few serious-friendlies (kinda serious non-tourney games, basically) off of AeroLink, #7 on our PR and btw posses a very hard MU for Roy (Link/Tink). It's also actually taken a game off Awestin, although it wasn't in tourney either (he probably wasn't playing 100% since nothing was on the line) but he definitely wasn't trying to sandbag either......I like how I said I would plug my Roy later but then end up doing it now anyway xD.

While I'm at it, my Roy also managed to take a tourney game off of ARC, who is #10 on our PR and #2 or #3 on the Melee PR if I'm not mistaken, and is the best Marth in Texas. And that was 2 months ago.

Again, I don't like talking about myself like this (I generally despise self-praise) but I guess that's what you gotta do on here.

Here's some links to some matches of mine:
Shokio vs. Awestin (Roy and ZSS)
Shokio vs. TheNotSoShyGuy (ZSS)
Shokio vs. G-Rabbit (ZSS and Roy)
Shokio vs. Menk (ZSS)
Shokio vs. CnB | Chandy (ZSS)
Shokio vs. RideTheLine (Roy)
Shokio vs. ARC (Roy)
Shokio vs. Innovation (Roy)

I would lastly like to mention that I'm actually ranked #1 Anther's Netplay Ladder with a 66-6 win-loss ratio, and have been for about a month, if that means anything (probably doesn't).

Last edited:

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
Whoops, didn't mean to DP.

Well, I guess I'll use this post to shout-out DFW's Luck. He definitely deserves a spot on the Diddy list. He's ranked #9 on our PR and just 2-0'd both Infinity and Oracle at this week's Infinity and Beyond, taking 4th place at our most stacked weekly yet (57 entrants with 8 of the Top 10 there).

AeroLink, despite his hiatus, is definitely deserving of a Link spot as well. The man has beaten Sethlon in-tourney before. It was pretty hype.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
@ KayB KayB if you are looking for YT channels to sub to, LafayetteSmash has a lot of LA's stuff. We don't have a huge number of notable players unfortunately but I'm sure we will eventually.
We? Aren't you from Louisiana?

Interesting to not see Luck or AeroLink up there for their respective characters. Guess I gotta go ICs for the tourney tomorrow to get my name up there for 3rd best. ;-)
Diddy Kong and Link lists are both stacked. It's really hard to judge Diddy Kongs because they all place so well in their respective regions (though I would say that Junebug is probably the best at this points).
Links are also hard to rank, because there are so many great Link mains. AeroLink is damn close to making it back on to this list. There's such a thin line separating each of the Link mains, each one of them can drop off at any moment. Plus, there are other hungry players who might fly under the radar and unexpectedly take a spot (Skeith).

Do you keep up with the TLOC streams at all?
Yes, although it's hard to keep track of it sometimes since TL pumps out videos like milk and there are so many amazing players featured.

I would like plug myself (I usually don't like doing these kinds of things).
Well that's what this thread is for, right? All I pretty much ask is for people to be respectful and not be like Barbie/KLite, otherwise I don't really mind interjections.

Roy and ZSS
The Roy list probably needs to be updated soon since the only one I can accurately say is on there is probably Sethlon. Not sure where Pitzer's been and his spot is a bit controversial anyway, so he's probably going to be removed. The problem is that there are a lot of Roy players who are roughly about the same level. Scythe has been doing relatively well occasionally whenever he plays Roy. NinjaLink does well in some matches with his Roy too. Lunchables is also putting in some work lately with his Roy, but while he has taken two games off of Sethlon, it's hard to say anything because it's only in the ditto. You're definitely a contender at this point I would say, so I guess you're not too far off at that point. That being said, I want to reserve some more updates until post-Zenith and/or post-LTC2, because I'll be making big updates anyway. You'll be going to LTC2, right? I'll look for you there.

ZSS is a whole different tiger though. There are already many really good ZSS mains out there who have established quite the name for themselves. Oro?! obviously from the midwest, Vixen/Mizuki from AZ (beat HF Neon and other great AZ players), Leffen from Sweden (may be removed due to inactivity and being outranked), Bleachigo from NYC (defeated Hylian, CruzyCakes (best Mario), Raptor (who beat K9), and Deff (very good Bowser main)) Xaltis from Florida (beat Porkchops), so I can't guarantee a spot. I will say however that I'll be updating the OP with some of your videos from now on, and if you ever do break that threshold, I'll be able to see it.

Here's some links to some matches of mine:
Shokio vs. Awestin (Roy and ZSS)
Shokio vs. TheNotSoShyGuy (ZSS)
Shokio vs. G-Rabbit (ZSS and Roy)
Shokio vs. Menk (ZSS)
Shokio vs. CnB | Chandy (ZSS)
Shokio vs. RideTheLine (Roy)
Shokio vs. ARC (Roy)
Shokio vs. Innovation (Roy)
Thanks! Dunno if I'll be updating the list right now though.

I would lastly like to mention that I'm actually ranked #1 Anther's Netplay Ladder with a 66-6 win-loss ratio, and have been for about a month, if that means anything (probably doesn't).
IRL > Netplay is generally a rule of thumb.

Last edited:

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
We? Aren't you from Louisiana?

Diddy Kong and Link lists are both stacked. It's really hard to judge Diddy Kongs because they all place so well in their respective regions (though I would say that Junebug is probably the best at this points).
Links are also hard to rank, because there are so many great Link mains. AeroLink is damn close to making it back on to this list. There's such a thin line separating each of the Link mains, each one of them can drop off at any moment. Plus, there are other hungry players who might fly under the radar and unexpectedly take a spot (Skeith).

Yes, although it's hard to keep track of it sometimes since TL pumps out videos like milk and there are so many amazing players featured.

Well that's what this thread is for, right? All I pretty much ask is for people to be respectful and not be like Barbie/KLite, otherwise I don't really mind interjections.

The Roy list probably needs to be updated soon since the only one I can accurately say is on there is probably Sethlon. Not sure where Pitzer's been and his spot is a bit controversial anyway, so he's probably going to be removed. The problem is that there are a lot of Roy players who are roughly about the same level. Scythe has been doing relatively well occasionally whenever he plays Roy. NinjaLink does well in some matches with his Roy too. Lunchables is also putting in some work lately with his Roy, but while he has taken two games off of Sethlon, it's hard to say anything because it's only in the ditto. You're definitely a contender at this point I would say, so I guess you're not too far off at that point. That being said, I want to reserve some more updates until post-Zenith and/or post-LTC2, because I'll be making big updates anyway. You'll be going to LTC2, right? I'll look for you there.

ZSS is a whole different tiger though. There are already many really good ZSS mains out there who have established quite the name for themselves. Oro?! obviously from the midwest, Vixen/Mizuki from AZ (beat HF Neon and other great AZ players), Leffen from Sweden (may be removed due to inactivity and being outranked), Bleachigo from NYC (defeated Hylian, CruzyCakes (best Mario), Raptor (who beat K9), and Deff (very good Bowser main)), so I can't guarantee a spot. I will say however that I'll be updating the OP with some of your videos from now on, and if you ever do break that threshold, I'll be able to see it.

Thanks! Dunno if I'll be updating the list right now though.

IRL > Netplay is generally a rule of thumb.
Thanks a bunch! (Quick response too)

If you're adding roy footage... then

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUTDyCgdwoU me 3-0'ing shokio in roy dittos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQOpPAgDlsE#t=521 My roy vs. Awestin (this is GFs from IaB, just timestamped to the roy parts)

Isn't pitzer kind of ehh and NL plays diddy now?
Oh, NOW you want in on the Roy list lol.

D

Deleted member

I did not request to be on the list, if you notice I already put videos on the dropdown WHILE I said "I should not be on this list as of yet because I don't have enough footage" (On a previous page when I put some of the other footage, not my post just now)

if you can quote where I said "I want to be on the roy list" then PLEASE tell me :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
I did not request to be on the list, if you notice I already put videos on the dropdown WHILE I said "I should not be on this list as of yet because I don't have enough footage" (On a previous page when I put some of the other footage, not my post just now)

if you can quote where I said "I want to be on the roy list" then PLEASE tell me :)
It's all in preparation lol.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
I'm coming for Seibriks spot as well.

I would like to recommend Turvis as a possible 3rd Yoshi. I'm mobile right now but ill dig through Stock Cancel Gamings YouTube and find some. He's solid with his combos. Even Oracle senpai gave him a shoutout lol

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Awesome man, thanks. I noticed that you have my match with ShyGuy in the Roy section though when it should be in ZSS lol.
Oh oops. See this is why it's helpful for people to look through it sometimes lol

@ Shokio Shokio and isn't it like five in the morning there? Why are you up so early?

Last edited:
3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Why Oracle Senpai?
You gave someone not named M2K 4 different spots on your list. lol I assumed him randomly giving a shout out was worth mentioning.

Got your attention ^.^

Also, @ Shokio Shokio doesn't sleep like me. He just wait for his next victim. Which by the way, will you be at IaB next week?

Dakpo

Smash Lord
he's taken sets off of Strong Bad, Dakpo, and Luck.
I would like to say beating GnW with ivy is about as easy as fast food jobs; however, I will give credit that Jz is a good player. I hope he comes back to texes, because I dropped GnW and picked up my Ivy counter.

I would also like to say that Oracle's GnW is incredible and is about as good as mine. It definitely deserves #1 or #2 spot for GnW. Nintendude is ok, but not quite there yet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom