• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i honestly do not think i am going to do very well this year. I am lacking motivation more and more every year to actually practice either game(trying to figure out what i want to do with my life). I just show up at tourneys. I don't think ill do very well except hopefully in the teams events

past_b

Smash Apprentice
Yea don't quote me about who I think Javi beat in bracket I'm just going off memory. If I wasnt on my phone I would look it up myself! Someone should look that info up. :)

:phone:

Van.

Smash Ace
i think hbox gets the job done vs. armada

m2k and armada happens for the first time in 2 years and its no less close than usual, but armada pulls it out

mango wins

Hax

Smash Champion
mango predicted for 1st place twice as much as armada this website never ceases to amaze me

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
1. Tryhard Mango
2. Armada
3. Hbox
4. Javi
5. PP
6. Wobbles
7. Shroomed
8. M2K
9. S2J
10. Leffen

This is it ladies

Toadster5

Smash Journeyman
1. Tremor
2.Toadster5
4.Trail
3. Miles
4. The Mayflower
5. Bill Gates
6. Javi
7. Boxer
8. KirbyKaze
9.Ken
10. Mango
11. donky kong

foshio

Smash Journeyman
1. Armada
2. Mango
3. PP
4. Hbox
5. M2K
5. Javi
7. KK
7. Unknown
then either, Sfat, Shroomed, S2J, Twin, Axe, Hax

Bones0

Smash Legend
1. Mango
2. Hungrybox
3. Armada
4. Mew2King
5. S2J
6. PP
7. KirbyKaze
8. Wobbles
9. Shroomed
10. Javi

If Mew2King can get in the zone mentally, he will win it all. Hbox WILL beat Armada if they face, YL or not.

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
Yea don't quote me about who I think Javi beat in bracket I'm just going off memory. If I wasnt on my phone I would look it up myself! Someone should look that info up. :)

Javi beat Drugged Fox in winners, got kicked into losers by Lovage, and then beat Redd, Weon X, KDJ, Vanz, Lovage, Hax and Peepee. He still had to beat HBox, Mango and Armada to get first.

Woops. :>

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
Mew2King, if you're not going to take it serious...go all marth!

even non-serious m2k would finally make for some new marth vids

Bones0

Smash Legend
Javi beat Drugged Fox in winners, got kicked into losers by Lovage, and then beat Redd, Weon X, KDJ, Vanz, Lovage, Vanz and Peepee. He still had to beat HBox, Mango and Armada to get first.
Javi is so good, he beat Vanz in losers... TWICE.

strawhats

Smash Master
@engo: your right about me forgetting to put unknown in my top 25. My bad, Kels and OTG as well will probably do work.

As for my top 10 list I don't see what's soo ridiculous about it considering how bracket/seeding/MU dependant everything is.

Levingy

Smash Apprentice
1. Armada
2. Mango
3. PP
4. Hbox
5. Mew2King
5. Javi
7. Shroomed
7. KirbyKaze
9. S2J
9. Unknown
9. Leffen
9. Wobbles

I hate when people say that Armada's Y-link counterpick is a cop-out. It feels like they are claiming it's not deserved victory or something. Disrespectful imo to say that. Armada won by playing the rules of the game, where you are allowed to pick any character you like. In my opinion, it's just pure stupidness that you wouldn't choose a character you yourself think have the best chance to win your opponent ( in a tournament game). It is no more respectfull to win with your main than with your secondary or any other character. I really don't understand at all why mango thinks that it would be. Maybe he just tries to get off some of armada's credit for his winnings, by creating these ridicilous rules (of respect) inside his head. I wish mango could come here and explain why using a secondary is less respectfull.

With that being said, I wish mango would go to the real try hard mode, which is winning using anything that it takes. I mean if he feels he could win armada with C.falcon, he surely should try that. Or even using puff as a counter. I feel that only then we would see the real try hard mango vs armada. As long as he goes with these ridicilous rules that he has to win Armada with some character that he thinks doesn't have the best shot, we are not going to see the true fight imo.

I hope Leffen will handle the pressure this time. He might have a chance to take 7th place even, though it's gonna be hard. I hope Mew2King will try hard too. And even I love his Marth, I somewhat think he has better chance with Sheik. I wanna see Mew2king sheik vs Armada.

strawhats

Smash Master
considering hbox has been struggling to beat armada's YL, I'm not so sure mango wants to put himself through that.

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
Not really sure about a top ten list, but instead here's a list of things I'd like to see:

- Mew2king get in the right mindset and be a serious contender for 1st place
- At least one puff ditto between mango and hbox
- Wobbles needs to play (and commentate)
- commentating team of Homemadewaffles and Dendy Pretendy for all Mango matches
- A low/mid tier make the top ten
- A not U.S vs. World crew battle
- Rematch between PP vs. Javi
- Armada to be sent to the losers bracket (think it'd be more exciting if he does make it back to GF)
- Falco dittos between PP and Mango
- m2k vs. Armada
- Zenith rematch between m2k and PP
- Darkrain to make top ten (assuming he's going)
- Mango to go not-fox for one match against Armada
- KK to make at least top 5
- Jman vs. Javi (non crew battle match)
- Wobbles and ChuDat team
Possibly more to come...

Tm44

Smash Rookie
M2k is coming with fake johns, hes trying to sneak attack his way to the top

Levingy

Smash Apprentice
considering hbox has been struggling to beat armada's YL, I'm not so sure mango wants to put himself through that.
Yeah but he could use puff as a counterpick for some matches, when armada plays peach.

strawhats

Smash Master
lol, everyone knows m2k always does that. He sets low expectations for himself, then gets like top 5. Although this time, there may be some truth to his words.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
top ten:

1. Mango
2. Dr Peepee
3. Mew2king
4. Armada
5. Hungrybox
5. Hax
7.Shroomed
7. Javi
8. KK
9. S2J
10. Thorn

**** armada, M2k taking him out this time!

strawhats

Smash Master
Thanks for the support

I'll just leave that there to prove that even my own crew doesn't root for me

****ing jigglypuff

why did i pick her

sigh
Its gotta suck not having that boss cheering section. I'll root for ya vs armada for sho.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
1.mango
2.pp/hbox.

because AMERICA.

also @kage: utlit cancel. make it exist.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
1. Armada
2. Mango
3. HungryBox
4. Dr. Peepee
5. Shroomed
5. Mew2King
7. PewPewU
7. KirbyKaze
9. Javi
9. Axe/Wobbles

It all depends entirely too much on the bracket layout to say for sure though. Also how much Mango actually decides to care about playing the game for once instead of just playing for the crowd.

I'm rooting for you HungryBox. You've come along way from getting bomb walled by Armada the first time c:

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
1. HUNGRYBOX
2. Armada
3. Mango
4. PP
5. Mew2King
5. AXE
7.Shroomed
7. Kirbykaze
8. JAVI
9. S2J
10. Ice climbers

Divinokage

Smash Legend
don worry hbox ill root for ya

I'm sorry, but we know about "The Punch."
No no, that's not what I was implying.. =) Anyhow, there's a lot of lolz in a lot of those lists putting some players in top 10 that have just has much chances to make top 10 than me. That secret weapon will ****, I promise! And I even have a considerable amount of the time to prepare even more.

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see you place high Kage, it would be fun.

In fact, there are a hell of a lot of players I'd like to see in the top 6, but the competition is fierce up there...

Naughty Pixel

Smash Apprentice
1. HUNGRYBOX
2. Armada
3. Mango
4. PP
5. Mew2King
5. AXE
7.Shroomed
7. Kirbykaze
8. JAVI
9. S2J
10. Ice climbers
I would love to see Axe place real high, iirc he had an underwhelming performance last apex and I was disappoint, I love that guys pika.

1.Mango (#Mango_Nation)
2.Armada
3.PP
4.HBox
5.KK
6.Javi
7.Axe
8.Wobbles
9.Shroomed
10.S2J

Shroomed

Smash Master
Is there some results of Wobbles that I haven't seen that's making everyone place him so high?

No disrespect intended.

Daa

Smash Rookie
Because he has the balls to play a Handicap 9 Ganon.
And he plays IC's but doesn't look like a rapist like fly #nooffense

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
if Wobbling is Legal I'd give Wobbles top 10:awesome:

Anyway top 10....

1.Armada(Can't lose)
2-4 Hbox, Dr.PP, Mango
5-20 Javi, PewPewU, Shroomed, KirbyKaze, Hax or S2J(whoever gets seeded better) Fly, MacD, Some other people who I can't think of....idk I need to think more about this actually.

Daa

Smash Rookie
1. unknown
2. Axe
3. leffen
4. mikehaggar
5. ken
6. wobbles
7. mango
33. armada

Top Bottom