• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

The Business

Smash Journeyman
M2K won apex 2013

First Melee Doubles
Third Melee Singles
Second Brawl Doubles
Second Brawl Singles

thats a lot of money.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
M2K won apex 2013

First Melee Doubles
Third Melee Singles
Second Brawl Doubles
Second Brawl Singles

thats a lot of money.
who gives a **** about bawrl? armada won every event he entered GG.

leffen lost incredibly tight sets against both hbox and javi, last stock both +100%, it's probably safe to say he doesn't suck

Beat!

Smash Master
Haha yeah, some other guy wanted to bet $10 on Javi outplacing Armada, but I didn't bother digging up his post again once I knew how much money I had available. Oh well.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Well shoutouts to Armada and over for proving once again that I know **** all about this game

That was pretty much the best tournament ever holy ****

#boxingday SO HARD hungrybox you're the hero we need what a competitor

Shoutouts to the MARTH god damn it was like a wet dream until PP lost

shoutouts to Beat PM'ing me his paypal so I can square up... rrrgh... so salty.

MountainGoat

Smash Journeyman
The return of M2k, Dr PP's Marth, Hbox's Ness, Hbox playing with so much heart, Shroomed placing super high, Team Norcal getting 3rd in doubles. What a great tournament.

Stevo

Smash Champion
The entire tournament was amazing. Hope we can get melee into EVO and show everyone how great it is!

So many hype and close matches! I was on the edge of my seat for hours at a time lol.
shoutouts to everyone that made apex a success, especially those who brought equipment or volunteered their time, and those who traveled far to get there!

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
What an amazing tournament. Shoutouts to Tafokints taking my money.

KK, I had you on Shroomed. That would have made up for me losing money on Axe vs Hax. :(

Side bets are fun.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Lets not forget Leffen sucks.
Get out of here, Leffen is amazing. He's quite new at the game and he has improved hella fast, and he will do better in the future and keep on improving

He might be a douche but his Fox is hella good

You can dislike a player based on their personality and still like their play at the same time

For example I love to watch M2K's play but I think the guy is ret...well let's just say that I don't fancy him much

strawhats

Smash Master
ouch...all the feels for hbox. :(

Dat YL Cp is just too damn strong man.

Also congrats to Armada for winning singles...I was hoping for a m2k vs armada GFs (would've been ironic since they won teams) With that being said, well done Dr. Pee Pee, your marth makes me proud to be a conglomerate of the marth nation. Same to you m2k.(of course that goes without saying).

I was very happy to see Apex filled with marths, especially Strawhat Dahean. Much love to Diakonos, and I.B. as well. (There was definitely a full Moon out )

Last but not least, very impressed with KTOY AKA PewPewU. That marth was just too damn fresh for words. Loved watching every minute of your sets, especially your set vs plup

Battlecow

Play to Win
sure it would've

teammates fighting against each other

you expect them to fight with each other

so it's ironic

Seartu

Smash Journeyman
sure it would've

teammates fighting against each other

you expect them to fight with each other

so it's ironic
This is just splitting hairs/silly semantics. But, his point was, the best two in teams also being the best two in singles would be exactly what one might expect. The irony/lack thereof, is in the eye of the beholder here.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
That isn't how irony works kids. That's just the opposite of something happening
i·ro·ny1 [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Show IPA
noun, plural i·ro·nies.
the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.
Love it when the pedants are also incorrect.

EDIT: Also, in my seven years of observing the tournament scene, APEX 2013 may be the pinnacle of smash. Sixty Four, Melee and Brawl (yes, really) were all impeccably performed.

Top Bottom